• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

co_damsku

Developer
1 Badges
Nov 22, 2010
  • 500k Club
Hi,

When you encounter a crash, an error or an unexpected event which appears to be breaking the game. Please always attach your log file along side your issue description.
You can use http://pastebin.com for example and paste the link since the forum does not accept that long text to my knowledge.
* On Windows, the log file is found in the Steam game install folder under Cities_Data/output_log.txt (to open the game install folder, right click your game in the Steam library, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab and select Browse local files)
* On Linux, the log is found at ~/.config/unity3d/Colossal Order/Cities: Skylines/Player.log
* On OSX, the log is found at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Thank you for helping us out !

Reactions:
Upvote 0
i have this exact same issue, the screen goes all white or with crashing colors and imagines and stops working until i click the quitting button, is there any way to fix it?

btw i have the mac version

Reactions:
How am I suppose to post a crash issue if my posts don't get approved by a moderator?

My issue: I launch the game through steam it loads a white screen and then I get the "Cities.exe has stopped working" message. My log is below...

http://pastebin.com/xmLbT2kG

This looks like something went wrong with dx11. Try to run the game with direct x 9 see if it causes the same issue.
To do that, go to the game properties from the Steam library and add the launch option "-force-d3d9" without the quotes.

http://pastebin.com/QAVK2yYk
The game freezes every time when I try to rotate the camera at the industry area in my city, and I have to stop the game in task manager. After I demolished the cargo train station in the area, the game does not freeze anymore. Then I placed the cargo train station again, and it continues freezing.

http://pastebin.com/QAVK2yYk
The game freezes every time when I try to rotate the camera at the industry area in my city, and I have to stop the game in task manager. After I demolished the cargo train station in the area, the game does not freeze anymore. Then I placed the cargo train station again, and it continues freezing.

Thanks for the detailed info. This confirms a suspicion we have about animated meshes causing arbitrary crashes on AMD graphics cards. We are investigating it and hopefully will have a workaround/fix soon !

Reactions:
Last edited:
I was painting high density commercial zone when "cities.exe has stopped working" came.

Error dump ("Cities.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module Cities.exe at 0033:11318e72.") http://pastebin.com/WKiketRN
Output_log http://pastebin.com/ybNiyv2p

Also, AMD card owner. Funny thing though, I had this game running for multiple hours before this crash happened. Crash happened sometime after I bought Cargotrain station. Not sure if this is connected but as I saw someone note this before I thought to add this note.

EDiT: Took the save game before cargo train station and played 4 hours straight and no crash...

Last edited:
When I click on New Game, I get only one terrain selection = "Green Plains". I note on U-Tube that other players have the option to choose from about 8-9 different selections. Is this a bug in my particular download (from STEAM). I am running the current version (includes patch). OS is Windows 8. Not 100% sure but thought when I first played the game that I had the choice - and now - not.

My log is here: http://pastebin.com/VMEbqWry

Log File

This happens, when I build a Cargo Train Terminal and then tilt the camera with the mouse. It does not happen when building a passenger train station. I can still move the camera with WASD after building the terminal, but when I tilt the camera I am back to the desktop and have to stop the program via Task Manager.

I did not copy all of the "d3d11: failed to create index buffer of size 3204 [0x887A0005]" lines, for there are maybe another 1000 or so. :)

Last edited:
My savegames aren´t working anymore since that last patch two days ago.
In my case the patch has done everthing from good to worse.
I´m getting the following error mesage:

> Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]
Details:
No details
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ZoneBlock.CalculateBlock3

(UInt16 blockID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ZoneManager.SimulationStepImpl (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManagerBase`2[Manager,Properties].SimulationStep (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ZoneManager.ISimulationManager.SimulationStep (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.SimulationStep () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.SimulationThread () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
<
The game is crashing completely and I usually can not return to the game menu or desktop.
Some trees are hanging in mid air and the simulation does not start (everything freezes).
I deactivatetd all mods, but nothing gets better.
Is there any solution for that problem yet ?
In my case the patch has done everthing from good to worse. Deactivating the mods didn´t change anything.
Maybe there is a way to uninstall the patch again ? I had no problems before ...
Here is the interesting par of the output_log.txt:
>
Loaded simulation data from: 150311 test3b_Data [Serialization]
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)
Error with MAIN_CATEGORY[Default]:0: The id was not found in the localization files. [Localization - Internal]
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)
Simulation error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at GarbageTruckAI.ReleaseVehicle (UInt16 vehicleID, .Vehicle& data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VehicleManager.ReleaseVehicleImplementation (UInt16 vehicle, .Vehicle& data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VehicleManager.ReleaseVehicle (UInt16 vehicle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BuildingManager.ReleaseBuildingImplementation (UInt16 building, .Building& data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BuildingManager.ReleaseBuilding (UInt16 building) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BuildingManager.UpdateData (UpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.Managers_UpdateData (UpdateMode mode, Single minProgress, Single maxProgress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at LoadingManager+<LoadSimulationData>c__Iterator55.M oveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AsyncTask.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 [Core]
<
Sorry, I´ve no account at pastebin.com yet.
Somone any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.