Content Update 1.1.0 is LIVE on retail!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Important note for users with modded games: Please use "--noWorkshop" and "--disableMods" as launch options when running 1.1.0 for the first time to ensure there are no conflicts. Several of your favorite mods will need to be updated before working properly with this version.

Greetings my dear Chirpies!

Today we are proud and excited to bring you our first large content update: Cities: Skylines 1.1.0 - European Theme. This update is, as promised, totally free to all our players - current and future.

So what are you getting today?
  • Over 50 European style buildings
  • Wall-to-wall buildings enabling players to build those European streets and neighbourhoods
  • Three new starter maps
  • Tunnels, one of the community’s most requested features
  • A number of Asset Editor additions including the ability to import custom vehicles
  • A multitude of smaller cosmetic additions and bug fixes.
Please note:
  • The European style buildings are a map theme, meaning you will need to play a map in the European biome in order to see them.
  • Many mods and (some) custom assets will not work with 1.1.0 and will need updating by their author. We have worked hard to cause as few conflicts as possible with popular mods, yet this is a substantial update and with the code & functionality changes some issues have been impossible to avoid. Going forward we aim to find a solution where we can work with our core modders pre-launch to give them ample time to adjust their creations before the public have access.
Our brand manager (the handsome guy you've seen in several videos) has the following to say about the expansion plans for Cities: Skylines.

“Cities: Skylines will continue to follow the traditions set by other recent Paradox releases such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV of paid expansions combined with large updates of free content ensuring that all players, whether they choose to purchase the expansions or not, will have plenty of new features to look forward to. One of the major differences, however, between those titles and Cities: Skylines will be that minor DLC updates will be uncommon. The majority of content updates will be significant upgrades and additions.

Going forward, we will focus on giving away the main features for free and improving the modding tools, while also selling major expansions around new mechanics. But we will also continue to offer free content such as new buildings and road types.”

Full patch notes for Cities: Skylines 1.0.7 - 1.1.0

Features & New

• New: European theme added
  • New: 72 European buildings in the European theme
  • New: Support for corner and adjacent buildings in the European theme
  • New: 3 maps added with European theme (Cliffside Bay, Foggy Hills and Grand River)
  • New: Tunnels for roads and rail added
  • New: Metro tunnels can be built at different levels
  • Options: V sync option added
  • Options: Invert Y mouse axis added

Editor & Modding
  • Launch options: added -noWorkshop to disable Steam workshop
  • Asset editor: Increased limit for bridge pillar count
  • Asset editor: Hedge added to residential props
  • Asset editor: Added custom vehicle importing
  • Asset editor: Added the ability to set custom thumbnails and tooltip images for all types of assets (in the save panel)
  • Asset editor: New editable properties exposed
  • Asset editor: Added ability to inherit building unlock milestone from template
  • Asset editor: vehicles have a Steam tag "Vehicle"
  • Asset editor: Fixed cut off text and missing spaces in the Properties box
  • Asset editor: Water Service buildings can now have proper pipe connections
  • Asset editor: Custom harbors and cargo harbors are now usable in-game
  • Asset editor: Custom airports now get visited by planes, like an actual airport
  • Asset editor: Fixed issue where some custom assets could not be loaded in-game after editing
  • Asset editor: Fixed missing texture for landfills
  • Asset Editor: Fixed a rare issue where holding and releasing the mouse button would not be recognized
  • Content manager: Introduced a new layout
  • Modding API: Added OnEnabled/OnDisabled support for IUserMod. Called everytime a mod is becoming active or inactive
  • Map editor: Fixed issue where users could place a water source outside the map area
  • Map editor: Fixed free camera hotkey not working

Bugfixes & Misc
  • Linux: support for JPG workshop previews added
  • Linux: users can now use numpad-Enter in-game
  • Linux: Fixed rare issue where users crashed due to a faulty asset
  • Fixed issue with 1x1 buildings "disappearing" when zoomed out too far
  • Fixed several localization issues
  • devInfo.txt is no longer needed
  • Achievements are now properly localized
  • Small contrast changes in some information windows to improve colorblind accessibility
  • Fixed issue where some elevated roads became immune to interaction
  • Metro and train lines now properly update when changed
  • Cruise ships no longer travel over land :’(
  • The 2x2 OreCrusher now has a purpose in life
  • Ireland is properly represented on the Union Jack
  • Cursor no longer disappears when you press Esc whilst rotating the camera
  • Adjusted upkeep cost of some roads to the one displayed in their tooltip
  • People no longer die when your city is at 0 population
  • Fixed an issue where right clicking a button would highlight it incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue where free camera mode was not enabled after viewing milestones
  • Fixed an issue where changing language in-game would not change language for some menus
  • Fixed an issue with mouse button key bindings
  • Fixed an issue where the options menu would not be closed properly by hitting the esc key
  • Fixed an issue where temporary save files would sometimes be visible
  • Fixed an issue where roads would snap to inaccessible sections of hydro dams
  • Fixed a graphics issue where text would sometimes be corrupted at the bottom of save and load menus
  • Trees in terrain heights view should now have the proper colors for their elevation
  • Fixed an issue where users could elevate the height of gravel paths, even though they could not place them
  • Fixed a minor graphical issue in the content manager
  • Fixed some text alignment problems
  • Text references to left and right mouse buttons now take left-handed mouse settings into account
  • Added confirmation prompt for Reset Unique Buildings

UtICBXd.jpg

aLZ9YCz.jpg

gBImI3z.jpg

vDX4OAD.jpg

AbGdhoO.jpg

Cheers,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Reactions:
Wow! Those wall-to-wall buildings are really sexy!

Congrats CO. This is awesome.

Reactions:
Hmm, I think this patch might have an issue, Mouse non-responsive when Menu displayed, had to quit via Task Manager.

Let me check some things out, may just be me.

Just so you know I've had 0 issues since day one and am running Vanilla C:SL.

Launch options -popupwindow -force-d3d9

Language: English
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 core(s))
System Memory: 16218
Gfx Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Gfx Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 9.18.13.4788]
Gfx Memory: 4010
Gfx Shader Model: 30
Game Version: 1.0.7c

EDIT: Removed Launch Options still no effect.

Other Symptoms - Items in Menu randomly highlight without moving the mouse. Paradox Overly remains visible on Game Menu but is faint.

I think it may be broken

SOLUTION: My fault I believe. Yesterday while at work I subscribed to a Mod, but did not start the game last night to ensure it was disabled as I normally do.

using the suggested start up options allowed me to run the game properly

Last edited:
It's perfect!

Is there a way to mod and implement european buildings as a policy for districts? If not, here's my suggestion :p
CO, you could also let players group custom assets into style types and then let players use these groups to create districts that have only buildings matching that style! It would be awesome!

Reactions:
I don't want to appear unthankful or greedy .. but in curves, they are not really wall-to-wall :eek:
And the edge-buildings only appear in perfect cornered 90 degrees?
But all in all nice one

Reactions:
I can't click on both Helpful and Agree enough times. Thanks! This looks like a great addition to the game and I certainly have a new Euro city in my digital future. Looks great.

Reactions:
Yesyesyesyeyseyes.

That's a whole lot of free content! Looking forward to booting up the game and spending a few hours later today, or on the morrow!

Reactions:
"The European style buildings are a map theme, meaning you will need to play a map in the European biome in order to see them."

You´re kiddin me, right? You mean to tell me that you made those 72 buildings and then restrict it to one single (awful again) theme? Or did I just get that wrong?

Reactions:
I posted this in the wrong thread, because I am a stupid, but - any documentation incoming on creating Vehicle models? Or is that somewhere already, and I missed it?

Actually, just a simple .fbx from one of the already existing vehicles would be immensely helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.