• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #75 - Enter the Dragon

Hi everyone, I hope you’ve all had a great weekend!

The countdown has started and Jade Dragon will soon be available for download; this Thursday in fact!

By now, I think we’ve covered most aspects of the expansion pretty thoroughly, so I think I'm just going to post this beautiful new loading screen:

JadeDragon.png

Take care folks, and if you want one last sneak peak of the expansion before Thursday, make sure to tune in to the CK2 livestreams today, starting at 16:00 CET! Servancour will do a special quick run-through of the new features!

Hi everyone, I hope you’ve all had a great weekend!

The countdown has started and Jade Dragon will soon be available for download; this Thursday in fact!

By now, I think we’ve covered most aspects of the expansion pretty thoroughly, so I think I'm just going to post this beautiful new loading screen:

View attachment 313329

Take care folks, and if you want one last sneak peak of the expansion before Thursday, make sure to tune in to the CK2 livestreams today, starting at 16:00 CET! Servancour will do a special quick run-through of the new features!
Well, I guess the loading screen is cool....

You didn't cover portrait and unit packs.
I wouldn't mind that much, but they're part of the expansion.

Thank you. Guess it means game is selling pretty well after all. And I'm glad, maybe I'll receive expansion I wish for... :)

The next expansion will cover something a lot of people have asked for.

Maybe I missed something, but for the White Hun achievement, what are the kingdoms of Transoxiana and Kabulistan? Are those culturally localized titles because I don't see them in the 769 de jure setup when I start a new game. Or is this a map change?

We did cover the portraits in Dev Diary 70.
Ah, right.
Sorry.
Units are still in the dark though... :)

Also, I'm probably asking for too much, but can I get a blank province map, so that I can update my fancy Map that shows portrait DLC packs?
portraitmap2.png
Would be greatly appreciated. :)

Could you give us pictures of the cultural setup in the middle east and over to the edge of the map? I know you've posted this before, but there have been map changes since you did.
Is it Justinian?
Seriously though, it's probably either inland republics, or a redo of Africa.

Maybe I missed something, but for the White Hun achievement, what are the kingdoms of Transoxiana and Kabulistan? Are those culturally localized titles because I don't see them in the 769 de jure setup when I start a new game. Or is this a map change?

They are the new names of Khiva and Afghanistan, with map changes of course.

We've had "<Secret DLC>" and "<Mystery DLC>" as public codenames before (if ai remember correctly). Can you tell us the public codename for the post-JD DLC?