• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary# 23: More rules, less lunatics

Hello all, it’s time for a CK2 DD once again. Now before I get into the meat of this one, I want to let you know that DDs between DLCs are going to be shorter than the big feature-explainers I could write during Reaper’s, so don’t be surprised if some are brief.

Moving on, work on 2.6.2 continues well, and I’ll post the patch notes when it’s closer to being done, but some fixes that may interest people include:
  • AI Characters are much less likely to take Experimental treatments for minor illnesses, which means you should see less maimed or insane character about in the world.
  • Patricians can now properly Go into Seclusion and Search for Court Physicians.
  • Characters under 16 no longer get gout.

We have added more Game Rules:
  • Supernatural events can be set to Unrestricted, allowing the AI to have fun with them too.
  • Both Mongol and Aztec invasions can be set to “Delayed Random” where they will show up at random but not before the year 1000 and not before the game has been played for 50 years.
  • Turkic Conquerors can be set to Historical/Random/Off.
  • Way of Life users can set Dueling to Normal/Restricted/Unrestricted.
  • Both Vassal and Demesne limits can be set to Normal/Unlimited/50%/25%
  • Grant Independence can be set to Normal/Unrestricted.
  • Assassinate plots in MP can be set to Normal/No Players/No Players + Heirs/No Player Dynasty.

We have also continued to add more Content, including:

The various Defensive Pagan faiths now allow you to pick a Patron Deity granting a bonus to certain stats, and allowing access to certain new events:
pagan_pick_patron_diety.png

pagan_events.png

Plus, all Pagan religion now have their own Valhalla-bound equivalent:
shield.jpg

Characters in Seclusion may find they have an uninvited guest:
red_death.jpg

Immortal characters are now a lot more likely to wake up from Incapacitating head wounds, and there is no longer an age limit on said event for Immortals.
Even non-depressed Immortals who find that life Eternal isn’t all that great may now attempt to end their life.
Not only that, it’s also possible that Immortal characters may find they are not the only people to have found Eternal life, and that their brethren are not the most welcoming types:
rivals.jpg

say one thing for Rurik Rurikid, say he's lucky

And that's it for now, see you next week!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nice! Can you share the Valhalla-bound equivalents' names?

Reactions:
For the Aztec invasion, can we get a rule that determines the chance the event happens at all? I think it would be neat if it only happened in say 1 out of 5 campaigns (at whatever particular time you set for it to happen with the other game rule).

Reactions:
Finally this lunacy will be ended!
But if Duels are apparently neither restricted nor unrestricted, what exactly does "normal" mean? I don't remember ever seeing an AI character killed in a duel with another, so I thought duels not involving player characters were impossible at the moment, except that strangely inconsequential "Duel request" event.

Reactions:
Finally this lunacy will be ended!
But if Duels are apparently neither restricted nor unrestricted, what exactly does "normal" mean? I don't remember ever seeing an AI character killed in a duel with another, so I thought duels not involving player characters were impossible at the moment, except that strangely inconsequential "Duel request" event.

With "normal" you need a reason to duel, restricted lets you duel without the reason but they need to be adult, male etc, with unrestricted you can just go hog-wild.

Reactions:
Nice! Can you share the Valhalla-bound equivalents' names?

tengri_warrior;Skylord;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
tengri_warrior_desc;The epitome of a Steppe Warrior, this character has fought for the glory of Tengrism.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
romuvas_own;Baltic Defender;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
romuvas_own_desc;This character has fought to defend the Holy Forrest.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
ukkos_shield;Ukko's Hammer;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
ukkos_shield_desc;Striking like the lightning of Ukko, this character has fought for the Suomenusko faith.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
eagle_warrior;Eagle Knight;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
eagle_warrior_desc;The life of Aztec warriors is one of constant battle, and the Eagle Knights are the bravest and most fearsome. Their primary purpose is to capture prisoners to be sacrificed to their Gods.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
peruns_chosen;Perun's Chosen;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
peruns_chosen_desc;The axes of Perun's Chosen hew the enemies of the Slavic faith with the power of His lightning.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nyames_shield;Nyame's Shield;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nyames_shield_desc;This character is one of the chosen warriors who fight for the West African faith.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
sun_warrior;Warrior of the Sun;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
sun_warrior_desc;The Warriors of the Sun strike with all the fiery power of Zun Himself.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

For the Aztec invasion, can we get a rule that determines the chance the event happens at all? I think it would be neat if it only happened in say 1 out of 5 campaigns (at whatever particular time you set for it to happen with the other game rule).

I like the idea, but not for this patch at least.

Reactions:
  • Both Vassal and Demesne limits can be set to Normal/Unlimited/50%/25%

I assume that 50% / 25% means that we can have 50 / 25 % bigger demesne as well as vassal limit compared to normal, right? Hope so, as unlimited option seems a bit of a cheat to me, really. :rolleyes:

Reactions:
I assume that 50% / 25% means that we can have 50 / 25 % bigger demesne as well as vassal limit compared to normal, right? Hope so, as unlimited option seems a bit of a cheat to me, really. :rolleyes:
Kind of hope that they work the other way around really, I usually have very few vassals once I take all the land I want from them.

Reactions: