• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #15: Assorted cool things

Hello all, it’s time for another DD about <Secret DLC> and interesting 2.6 patch things! I am pre-writing this DD to be posted while I am on vacation, so I may or may not show up to answer questions when it goes live. Anyway, “today” I want to reveal a few cool but unrelated features and fixes we’ve made.

Let’s start with some rather old complaints! Flanders is now part of k_france. Wow! And on the subject of France, the AI king of France will no longer create the Kingdom of Aquitaine unless they are close to meeting the requirements of creating the empire of Francia. Barcelona and Trier are also in more logical places.

A little pet peeve I’ve had since playing Conclave was that the fact someone owes you a favor is a bit hard to see, so there is now an icon on a character’s portrait if they owe you one.

Speaking of favors, Muslims will be able to force Decadent relatives to shape up using favors now too.

Players with Horse Lords may have been annoyed at the number of clicks needed to pillage a holding, so instead of needing to continually decide to pillage, the decision is now a toggle rather than an action. Once you decide to pillage, buildings will be destroyed periodically until either the player decides to stop or the holding is destroyed. You can simultaneously pillage multiple holders per province too. The revolt risk has also been capped at 30% while the revolt size has been made more sensible (larger!).

Speaking of Nomads, when a non-nomadic realm conquers an empty province from a horde, the province now gains some revolt risk from Nomad Agitation. This effect remains until the nomads are pacified, either by constructing a Castle or City, or if Tribal by constructing at least 2 buildings. If a province has not been pacified upon succession it will break away and spawn a new Nomadic ruler.

And on the subject of Horse Lord things, the Silk Road has been extended by adding a new branch from Lut - passing through Rayy and Tabriz - to Trebizond, and the southern part of the Silk Road has been updated to also pass through Dhofar, Socotra, Busaso, and Taizz on the way to Alexandria.

Some new targeted decisions have been added in 2.6/<Secret DLC> too:
  • You may break non-aggression pacts, although this gives you a short truce with the other character.

• You may cancel tributary status of your tribute-payers

• Owners of <Secret DLC> may attempt to recruit prisoners who do not like their liege.

• Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask their vassals individually to end their wars with each other, or force them to do so with a favor. When favors are not used, the vassal may accept or refuse or may accept in exchange for cash or gaining a favor from you. If the aggressor is asked to and agrees to end their war they are also barred from declaring new wars on your other vassals for a time.

• Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask characters who are unlanded and unemployed to leave their court.

• Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask their vassals to return to gavelkind succession, or force them to via a favor.

We have added around 50 new nicknames, here's a selection:
Nicknames.png

These images have been edited to fit together better, names are still in the regular places ingame

Another old annoyance, characters in the character finder now have icons to indicate if they will or will not move to your court, and another to show they are outside of Diplomatic Range:
finder.jpg

A final neat thing, we have added a Continue button on the Launcher to load directly into your latest savegame.

These are not all the cool things we have added, of course, but it’s a nice selection for now I think. Next week I will still be on vacation, but I have pre-prepared another DD about torture and executions!

Reactions:
Flanders is fixed!?

Although I assume it means no more kingdom of Frisia, which is kind of sad, though I guess you can still make a custom kingdom one...

Reactions:
Another old annoyance, characters in the character finder now have icons to indicate if they will or will not move to your court, and another to show they are outside of Diplomatic Range
Could you add a toggle to remove characters outside your diplomatic range from the list? They offend mine eyes.

Reactions:
  • Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask their vassals individually to end their wars with each other, or force them to do so with a favor. When favors are not used, the vassal may accept or refuse or may accept in exchange for cash or gaining a favor from you. If the aggressor is asked to and agrees to end their war they are also barred from declaring new wars on your other vassals for a time.

Great!

What will happen when favors are not used and the vassal refuses?

Reactions:
Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask their vassals individually to end their wars with each other, or force them to do so with a favor. When favors are not used, the vassal may accept or refuse or may accept in exchange for cash or gaining a favor from you. If the aggressor is asked to and agrees to end their war they are also barred from declaring new wars on your other vassals for a time.

That is so great! Thank you very much for this!

Reactions:
Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask their vassals to return to gavelkind succession, or force them to via a favor.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

That's amazing but odd and unexpected the mind just reels at the possibilities though.

I do wonder what if any limitations will be had in regards to when or to whom I can request this. Am I really going to be able to sit on primogeniture and ask or favor force a vassal to gavelkind. Honestly that would be really sweet.

The find characters window improvements are also very nice, and so is the continue button. Now all the character finder needs is a few buttons to save and load one or maybe a few specific search criteria.

I also like the new greenish death icon.

Reactions:
Great changes. For the character finder, I would be happy with some extra filter like browsing only people who are NOT in my realm or in Vassals tab who are or are not direct or filtering those who have claim on something but I can't be that greedy I guess :D

Looks really really great!

Owners of <Secret DLC> may attempt to recruit prisoners who do not like their liege.
With them being imprisoned what is the gain though?

Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask characters who are unlanded and unemployed to leave their court.
Yes! This has been soo soo needed.
Owners of <Secret DLC> may ask their vassals to return to gavelkind succession, or force them to via a favor.
Very useful.
but I have pre-prepared another DD about torture and executions!
Looking forward to it; better start oiling the racks!
was this not supposed to go up yet?
I rather think that the automatic posting failed and he had to manually do it.

I didn't even see the Gavelkind thing. Can't even count the number of times I've had that massive vassal who keeps inheriting duchies and then I'm stuck on primo succession...

Reactions:
You may cancel tributary status of your tribute-payers

Sweet finally this is going to be a thing. its annoying when you have a Tributary and you cannot cancel it when you want to attack them for there land !.

Also looks very interesting those new nicknames.

Reactions: