Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Unespected Parklife Park Upgrades in Holiday Patch

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vote539

Private
13 Badges
Feb 23, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Description
Unespected Parklife Park Upgrades in Holiday Patch

What is your game version?
1.11.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have a park area named Maple Hill Park. It has 337 entertainment in the form of a Park Plaza, Cafe, Bathrooms, and a few Side Gates. The park was level 2 for a long time, and I intended to keep it that way. The park is located near a lot of hotels, so it gets a lot of visitors.

Upon receiving the 1.11.1-f2 update, Maple Hill Park became a level 5 park, even though it still has only 337 entertainment value.

Note: Like many players, I use some popular mods, but I don't use any that should affect Parklife parks, and none of my installed mods had updates between my savegame on December 8 and when I noticed this issue on December 15, which leads me to believe that the game update caused the unexpected behavior.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Open the attached savegame in 1.11.1-f2. After the game is loaded, you should get announcements for upgrades on several parks, including Maple Hill Park, which goes from level 2 to level 5.

However, open the same savegame in the previous version (1.11.1-f1?). The parks should remain at their current levels.

Note: I use a lot of custom, mostly transportation-related assets, all from the Steam Workshop, so I imagine you may get warnings opening the savegame.

Attachments

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.50.05 PM.png
    753 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.51.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.51.07 PM.png
    498,6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.51.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.51.22 PM.png
    760 KB · Views: 26
  • QuickSave20181208023751957.crp
    30,8 MB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
you need to upload your output log file as well, that gives us details about the mods you're using

Note: the logs say that it loaded Parkify, which seems like it could affect Parklife parks, but I have the mod disabled in the Content Manager. I unsubscribed the mod to make sure, and I still experience the same issue in the OP.

The park in question has 337 entertainment and 14,000 visitors.

If it is expected that the park received an upgrade with those stats, can you clarify what are the new conditions under which a park gets upgraded?

Came here to report the same issue. Definitely not just old saves as I'm seeing it on new games I've created in the past few days, well past the holiday patch. Looks like entertainment requirements are being ignored entirely and it's leveling up just based on visitor count.

I've seen this with both City Parks and Nature Reserves. Haven't tried the other two types yet.

I'm reporting back that I do also see this in new cities. It seems that visitor count is the only requirement for park upgrades; the entertainment value no longer seems to have an effect. Perhaps it was changed from Visitors AND Entertainment to Visitors OR Entertainment? I haven't tested this hypothesis.