• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xSCAR45

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jun 30, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
SJBc9wO.png

Welcome to my Stellaris AAR; Chronicles of the Talsonia. This AAR will be told through narrative and novel like formats. I plan to update on a weekly basis, give or take a day or two. I’m a novice when it comes to Stellaris so forgive me if I make obvious mistakes. I first purchased the game on launch and played a few hours before becoming bored with it. I’ve been keeping an eye on Stellaris over the years though and feel that now is the time to start playing again. I purchased all of the DLC so we should get all that Stellaris has to offer in this playthrough.
I hope you enjoy your stay here and keep coming back for more.

Table of Contents
Prologue

Chapter One
A New Era
Antonius
Descent
Discovery
Encounter

Chapter Two
Colony
Friction
Claims
Battle of Ambor
Rally at Chort
"For the Empire!"

Chapter Three
Rivals
Defense
Security
Anomaly
Diplomacy
Classis

Last edited:
Prologue

The Chronicles of Talsonia tells the tale of a warrior race bred for planetary and galactic conquest through either military or diplomatic endeavors. Before we venture into the galactic simulation of Stellaris we will briefly read up on the history of the Talsonia Imperium.

The Talsonia Imperium did not originate from peaceful beginnings nor was the planet named Talsonia. From the dawn of creation on Talsonia Prime factions rose to power and nations fought for territory for both military and political ideals. During the early era on Talsonia the inhabitants exhibited a higher than average intelligence and physical strength. This made for cunning and brutal combat as each faction battled against one another for dominance. For millennia the Talsonia fought in civil wars before the rise of the now Emperor Lucius Antonius. Emperor Antonius was able to lead a fractured faction into a mighty nation and eventually, after nearly countless battles, won the war to end all civil wars on Talsonia Prime.

Emperor Lucius Antonius was born into a fractured faction bloodline and would undergo mental and physical training to become a fit soldier of the Talsonia faction. It wasn’t until Lucius was seventeen years old that he would first enter real combat against a rival faction. Lucius fought hard and well and the Talsonia faction would win engagement after engagement thanks to Lucius Antonius’ predecessor’s careful tactics.

At the age of twenty-three Lucius would finally mature and succeed his uncle’s position as ruler of the Talsonia after his uncle fell ill. Lucius would keep his uncle in close council to further learn the ways of a royal leader and warrior. Months would pass and Lucius Antonius would continue to succeed and expand throughout the continents of what would soon become known as Talsonia Prime.

It wasn’t until many years later that the final major nations on the planet would close in on one another. Conflict would rage on until Antonius would defeat a majority of the now remaining factions and push to end the conflict through diplomacy. With Lucius’ uncle now terminally ill, Lucius Antonius’ uncle would give some much needed advice to end the remaining wars on Talsonia and crown Lucius as emperor. It took several meetings with the rival nation’s leaders before the conditional surrender of all foreign forces conceded in ending the war for Talsonia Prime and Lucius Antonius would now be Emperor of the Talsonia People.

With the wars now over Talsonia Prime would enter a golden age. Society would become more civilized and cultured while the military took up research and development over training armies for battle. Space exploration became an item and Emperor Antonius would publicly speak about the importance of technological advancement to further the Talsonia cause.

Years would pass before the long sought out quest for space travel became a reality. During the first twenty years of Emperor Lucius Antonius’ rule the Talsonia People would discover faster than light travel and so a boom in the space industry would now sweep across the planet’s industrial sites which would further expand the people’s ability and understanding of space travel.

If the Talsonia faction was to rule now Talsonia Prime, Emperor Antonius would have to expand his empire across the stars and into the unknown. And so our journey continues as the Empire of Talsonia Prime has now become a space venturing warrior race bound for greatness or perhaps an unfitting end...

Last edited:
Chapter One
A New Era
2200 – 2205

Following Emperor Lucius Antonius rise to power as Emperor, Talsonia Prime became a unified planet bound for greatness. Quickly the Talsonia reached for the stars and expanded in space. The construction of a modern spaceport orbited Helios along with various space traveling vessels for both civilians, diplomats and military. The construction of several mining and research stations were completed in the home star system of Helios which would bring much needed resources and knowledge to the Talsonia.

i6JCC4l.png

Now that the Helios system had been charted it was time to set policies and plans for the Empire’s expansion through the stars. Emperor Lucius Antonius’ will was to explore, discover, understand and conquer. It was important that the Emperor’s trusted officials carried out his will in that order and so government would go into session and dictate new policies and laws. After some time it was decided and the new edicts, policies and laws would be the following:

ITL7Ptn.png

With government taken care of it was time for the Empire to carry out the will of the Emperor and explore the neighboring star systems. At first there was only one science vessel capable of mapping the neighboring systems but immediately following the Emperor’s mandate another science vessel was cued for construction. It would take a short amount of time to produce the science vessel but a chief scientist had to be recruited. Unfortunately, the chief scientist would cost the Empire two hundred credits. This would take nine months to acquire and once obtained Chief Scientist Octavia Messius was commissioned the IPS Ptolemy.

To begin the Emperor’s mandate was science vessel TIS Acoreus which would map the most western systems of the immediate area followed by TIS Ptolemy who would map the northern systems. There were several surrounding systems in which the Empire could begin mapping and another science vessel would soon be cued for construction to map the eastern most systems. To acquire the third science vessel would take greater time than before as credits were hard to come by and resources were somewhat scarce. To combat this disadvantage the construction ship TIS Phoenicia would begin constructing starbases in the already surveyed systems in order to acquire more resources.

zSWKELI.png

In the not so distant system of Wir Thosk the first outer system starbase would be constructed. The Wir Thosk system was chosen for its abundance of energy and its ideal habitable planet, Wir Thosk III. Like Talsonia Prime, Wir Thosk III was an arid world and very capable of supporting life. All that needed to be done was to construct a colony vessel and set a course but the Emperor and his subordinates in government did not want to burden the Empire with too few resources already being consumed. In the future, however, Wir Thosk III was a prime candidate for planetary colonization.

With all the talk of space exploration and exploitation of interstellar resources captivating the populace of Talsonia Prime it would not take long for word of discovery of alien life to spread to the home world. This happened somewhat faster than anticipated given the fact that the galaxy was so large. However, official first contact with alien life occurred within eight months of exploration in the adjacent system, Gorim. Once again the scientists of the Empire would come across another habitable planet which would again be ideal to colonize along with the fact that the planet was flourishing with non-sapient life. Planet Gorim II was just adjacent to the Empire’s home system of Helios which made it an almost perfect candidate for colonization. The distance compared to the Wir Thosk system was nearly half making Gorim II a more immediate prospect. But again, now was not the time for colonization especially due to the fact that incoming resources were still much to be desired. Instead the Empire would produce two more of the Talsonia Imperium Navy corvettes to provide security for the home system Helios should a threat emerge.

p7kG26d.png

Research into the Talsonia Imperium Navy was well underway. The introduction of fusion reactors along with afterburners for the fleet would be introduced as soon as possible. The Emperor made it clear that security of Helios was critical, especially now that the Empire has discovered alien life, albeit non-sapient at that. If life could flourish so close to Talsonia Prime it was expected that the Imperium would soon encounter an alien civilization, whether it be primitive or advanced. Along with research into the Imperium Navy, growth and advancement of the Empire’s starships would be a top priority second only to exploration.

Now that space venturing and empire security had been dealt with the Empire began to focus on internal matters. Unemployment on Talsonia Prime had begun for the first time since the end of the civil wars that plagued the planet decades ago. To correct this an alloy foundry was commissioned to be erected which would not only bring jobs but more resources for the Empire. It took some time before construction was complete but once constructed jobs and resources began to flow once again. This would end the unemployment problem and the Empire then began to focus on its own Traditions that would guide the Talsonia into the future.

The Tradition of Discovery was selected which would immediately allow the research speed of anomalies to be increased by twenty percent. The next selection, which was towards the end of the five years covered, was “To Boldly Go” which gave a boost to system survey speed of thirty-five percent and a science ship disengage chance boost of fifty percent. This would all work in the Empire’s favor as the faster we could explore the galaxy, the faster we could expand.

VNyAuHH.png

And so, the Talsonia Imperium was off to a stellar start with several star systems surveyed and two ideal inhabitable worlds found in relatively close proximity to Helios. The location of the Empire in the galaxy was also ideal. Being located in the middle of the galaxy with such excellent hyper-lanes was nothing short of perfection. The Talsonia would be able to expand throughout this region of the galaxy and so far there was nothing to stop the rise of the Empire and Emperor Lucius Antonius would declare this moment in time “a new era” for the Talsonia.

Last edited:
You are certainly right Stellaris is in a great time now. I look forward to seeing what you make of it.

Antonius
2205-2210

With the discovery of the hyper-lanes faster than light travel was a reality. Since the Talsonia Imperium was forged so many years ago space travel and exploration was a key topic for discussion in the Empire’s government. Emperor Lucius Antonius had made it clear once the discovery of the hyper-lanes was founded that space would be a number one concern for the Empire. To explore, discover, understand and conquer was the very foundation of Lucius Antonius empire and he would see to it that his will was met.

Many topics of discussion regarding space was a key issue but none more than that of planetary colonization. The populace on Talsonia Prime was eager to see space for themselves. However, space was restricted to the general population as control on Talsonia Prime must be upheld. The Empire would not allow civilians to travel through space, encountering new worlds and claiming them for their own. That was strictly forbidden. Access to space for the military, diplomatic personnel and state run organizations such as miners and research teams was all that was allowed to venture into space.

While initially planet colonization was seen as unnecessary the Emperor slowly became more interested as space was being explored. Through the passes of the hyper-lanes was the brave few that would chart foreign systems and allow the Empire’s construction ships to build spaceports and mining installations to expand the empire. Several world’s were discovered as the scientists continued their search through the grand void of space. None caught the attention more so than Gorim II and Wir Thosk III as they were almost identical in composition to Talsonia Prime.

Gorim II was half the distance from Helios than Wir Thosk III but other than that the Gorim system was relatively empty of promise. The Wir Thosk system however held plentiful energy and some mining installations. And so Wir Thosk III was selected for colonization when the time had come. In preparation of the first colony a starbase defense platform was ordered for construction. The starbase defense platform would give some security for the arrival of the colony which would make the long voyage to Wir Thosk III from the Helios system. This was not however the final solution. In the years to follow the colonization of Wir Thosk III an order of eight Talsonia Imperium corvettes would be commissioned from the new starbase installation orbiting the Wir Thosk star. Seeing as there were already eight corvettes protecting Talsonia Prime, eight was seen as a suitable number to protect the future colony.

Colonization would be an expensive endeavor. A colony ship would have to be commissioned. A defense installation would have to be constructed as well as eight Imperium Navy corvettes to be built. This would all take a considerable investment and preparations for the colony were already being discussed back on Talsonia Prime.

Weeks would pass and debates between senators would endure. The Emperor himself would also be involved in the discussion, making sure his will was upheld. In the end, the Emperor would intervene more directly amongst the senators who would bicker from one another, lacking the cohesion that Lucius Antonius envisioned for his empire. The Emperor would rise from his throne and speak from the middle of the room as the senators watched and listened with awe.

“When I was a boy I was trusted to uphold my great uncle’s vision of a union between our old tribes. I would enter battle in his honor. I would bring forth a new beginning as each victory I made further solidified my presence on our world as kin to my uncle. I would see our brothers fight for my uncle’s vision. I would see men slaughtered for what is now my vision. I would remember their sacrifice at each victory, at each of my enemies’ downfall and I would later tell of those tales to my uncle. He was grateful for my allegiance to his cause. I will not see his vision falter at the hands of our own. We will take to the stars and we will make a new world a prosperous addition to the Empire I swore to uphold. We will call this new world Antonius in the honor of my great uncle and for those who have fought and died for his vision. We will embark on this journey together as we have done so in the past. We will do this for Talsonia. We will do this for our Empire!”

With the end of the Emperor’s speech came roaring applause from the senators. The squabbling would cease and plans would soon be underway. A colony ship must be made ready and the Empire and the Talsonia must collect brave persons to embark on this epic journey.

Planetary colonization would now be made ready and several hundred citizens would be screened, evaluated and approved to board the vessel in the coming months.

Sometimes one needs a leader, not a debate

To the new colonies with the ablebodied men and women, to the stars and bountiful planets!

Descent

The journey from Helios to Wir Thosk would take the TIS Germania nine months to complete. Onboard the TIS Germania were some of Talsonia’s greatest citizens as they were screened for acceptance and trained to operate well in small groups during harsh conditions. Seeing as planet Antonius was an arid world the transition from Talsonia Prime to Antonius should be, by all accounts, minor. The men and women aboard TIS Germania would most likely encounter few problems during the initial colonization process. However, that was not to say that it would be easy during the first few years.

TIS Germania would land on the surface of Antonius and serve as the colony’s central hub with small settlements surrounding the vessel. The spacecraft would allow for emergency shelter in case of harsh storms and other natural events such as viral outbreaks and the like. There were several dozen officials who would maintain and govern the colony providing services and aid for colonists in need. The future for the colony was well prepared. Careful study back on Talsoinia Prime prepared the officials and citizens who would embark on this journey and in only nine months of space travel would they arrive safely on Antonius.

Nine months would quickly pass and the TIS Germania would finally arrive on what will now be forever known as the planet Antonius. The massive ship bellowed through the planet’s atmosphere, descending through with its hull ablaze from the friction of the decent. The Germania would descend faster and small thrusters on all sides of the colony ship would fire to maintain the spacecraft’s trajectory. The ship began to shake as the descent through the atmosphere before suddenly coming to a calm. The Germania had passed through the atmosphere and into the stratosphere and the pilots onboard would take control from autopilot.

An alarm buzzed throughout the vessel along with red strobe lights cycling before the intercom spoke “Attention! All passengers prepare for landing.” The Germania fired its front thrusters and the descent began to slow. The molten glow on the ship’s hull began to steam as it cooled and the pilots onboard began to preform their final maneuvers.

7ejX33N.png

A dry salt lake shown over the horizon just as the pilots prepared for back on Talsonia Prime. The journey from Talsonia Prime to the surface of Antonius was all mathematically calculated prior to the launch of TIS Germania from the homeworld. As the Germania continued on course the pilots would navigate the ship with soft inputs and softly touch down on a dry salt lake bed. Outside the vessel the thrusters onboard would give a final hiss and sigh as clouds of steam would shoot out from them once they ceased to fire. The bottom of the hull was now charred from entry onto Antonius but the journey was a success.

“Attention! Preforming final security analysis.” announced the intercom as the Germania scanned the environment for toxins and other dangers before a green light strobed and the landing ramp was lowered. Passengers onboard would cautiously walk along the ramp onto the surface of Antonius, unsure of what awaited them.

As the steam passed from the thrusters and charred lower hull the citizens of the Germania looked upon the landscape in wonder. A large mountain pass was roughly five kilometers away, stretching across the horizon in its dusty reddish-brown color. The surface of the planet was all to familiar to the new colonists. It was a warm, dry earth tinted the color of the star of which the planet orbited. The passengers and crew all celebrated on land before returning back to the ship to organize a party to investigate the surroundings.

Hours would pass and the survey team returned back to the Germania just before dark. They had charted a three kilometer radius in all directions, finding a river to irrigate from in the hopes to successfully farm on the newly founded planet. For now the colonists would be able to survive off of carefully stored rations and in the future they would see a resupply from the neighboring starbase which orbited the Wir Thosk star. However, the goal for these colonists was to be self-sufficient but for now the colonists would have to rely on the starbase and the homeworld to survive.

Really vividly described. :)

Really vividly described. :)
Thank you. I very much enjoy writing. Almost more than the actual game.

I'd also like to extend a message to my readers. I may or may not reply to comments. I feel that reserving my posts for the actual AAR give my posts more significance. Thank you all for following though. :)

Starting on a new world is always going to be hard.

Discovery

In deep space the science vessel TIS Acoreus continued to venture forth through the dark reaches of space in the name of the Empire. It’s mission; to explore the western most sectors of the galaxy and find and map resources to be exploited, planets to be colonized, new life to be studied and the secrets of the universe to be unraveled. Luckily, the TIS Acoreus has been accomplishing its mission rather well with a number of western systems charted and anomalies deciphered. It wasn’t until the year 2210 that the TIS Acoreus was needed to shift course and survey the southwestern passages to secure the most immediate areas of the ever expanding empire. This change in course was a decision decided by the Imperium Senate as border security was a valued concern.

As the TIS Acoreus changed its course and backtracked from deep space the chief scientist onboard, Drusus Sertorius, was somewhat annoyed at the fact that he would have to leave deep space and return back to the immediate territory of the Empire. Drusus was an explorer after all and to venture out in deep space was his passion. However, his loyalty to the Emperor and the Empire was unwavering and he reversed course and backtracked light years to return back to Talsonia space.

With the TIS Acoreus back in Talsonia space chief scientist Drusus Sertorius would instruct his pilots to enter the southwest hyperlane and prepare to enter warp. The journey to uncharted space was just one lane away making the trip to the unknown all too close. As the TIS Acoreus entered the system of Puzuno the TIS Acoreus made a startling discovery. An enormous wormhole was at the edge of the Puzuno system and with it an unknown passage to an unknown sector of the galaxy.

bTO8smy.png

Alarmed by this discovery Drusus immediately ordered the survey of the Puzuno system and later went into his quarters to inform the Empire of this most exciting discovery. “It is with upmost enthusiasm that I report to the Empire a new discovery. The Acoreus has discovered what appears to be a functioning wormhole in the Puzuno system just southwest of Taslonia space. It is unknown at this time whether or not this wormhole is stable but we will investigate this to the upmost of our ability. We will closely monitor any activity that occurs and will standby for further instructions.”

Now that the Empire had been notified of this development a construction ship was then tasked with constructing a starbase in the Puzuno system to claim the wormhole as Talsonia. At this time the Empire did not have the technology capable of ensuring safe travel through the wormhole and risking a vessel with an esteemed chief scientist and crew was out of the question. So it was decided that the Puzuno system would be annexed into the Empire and careful watch of the wormhole would be continuously conducted.

Meanwhile, as the Empire continued to explore the unknown, internal matters once again came into discussion in the Imperium Senate. Research was once again brought up as the time to research former policies was overdue and replaced with new orders of study. With only eight Imperium Navy corvettes the military would need more investment in order to defend and expand the empire. And so research regarding the military was prioritized. Construction of shipyards in the Wir Thosk system was already underway followed by the construction of eight more corvettes once possible. The construction of defense platforms were also underway.

ERqzxub.png

With defense and research taken care of focus then shifted to planet Antonius. Colonization of the planet was still an ongoing process with only being thirty-five percent complete at the end of the year 2210. Overall the colony was doing as expected and it would take some considerable time before colonization would be complete on the planet. Once the planet had been successfully colonized citizens of Talsonia Prime would be allowed to migrate to the colony after completing an application which would then pend approval by Senate representatives. Overall though, the situation on Antonius was going as expected and no immediate changes were necessary.

Things proceeding smoothly, but always reminders that it is a large galaxy out there with many things unknown

Encounter

In the far reaches of the Empire starbases held strategic positions for Talsonia vessels to operate within. One starbase held the most western system along the frontier. This starbase would soon be known as the starbase that began a new chapter for the Talsonia. The Trinnick Research Outpost as it was officially named, came into some rather interesting data on a standard sensor scan of the Trinnick system. It seemed that an unknown vessel was preforming maneuvers close to Talsonia space. It wasn’t too much longer until this unknown vessel made first contact with the Talsonia research outpost when a transmission was fed through command channels.

hW0zfIq.png

The alien encounter was of fully sentient machines that seemed to be on a journey to map star systems for reasons unknown. After communicating with them for some time Talsonia officials on the Trinnick Research Outpost found them to be of no immediate threat to the Empire other than it halting expansion on the northwestern passages.

8chnKjk.png

They called themselves the Iribot Nucleus and they came in peace. The Iribots described themselves as being protectors of sapient life and appeared to be some sort of evolution of service drones. While the Iribots posed no immediate threat, news of the encounter in the Trinnick system sent Talsonia Prime into a mixed frenzy. Some believed that the Iribots were a threat to the Empire and that machines would serve no other purpose than that of aid to the Talsonia. While the Iribots were indeed friendly, to say that they were service drones was a bit of an exaggeration. Others believed that Talsonia should embrace them and create a pact to aid one another in exploration of the galaxy. Some went as far to protest outside the Imperium Senate chambers exclaiming that this new civilization was meant to serve the Empire and that the Talsonia should act quickly to make that a reality. These protesters would shortly after form Talsonia Prime’s first faction in decades. The Vanguard had officially formed.

While being a fully legal faction on Talsonia Prime, The Vanguard held many of the ideals that the Empire holds true. They believed that the Talsonia should expand, discover, understand and conquer much like the Emperor had said so many times before. While not an official branch of the Empire, they were allowed to conduct rallies, form militia and even broadcast propaganda through radio and television frequencies. In short, The Vanguard was an armed militia bent on the ideals and orders of the Emperor and his empire. They were officially the unofficial army of the Talsonia Imperium.

HMhzgYD.png

As the excitement began to settle from first contact the Iribots provided a gift forty credits and six hundred forty minerals as a show of good faith. The Empire would give nothing in return and would continue to monitor the machines carefully. From what the Trinnick Research Outpost could gather, the Iribots had an inferior military power than that of our own. Perhaps as time goes on the Empire could flex and force the machines to service the Empire. Or, on the other hand, the machines have shown to be friendly and gracious and there would be much one could learn from one another. Would the Empire strike against another civilization in honor of a growing empire or would the Talsonia embrace the machines as an ally for the future.

Only time would tell...

I can understand why some would mistrust the machines

Chapter Two
Colony

Morning slowly raised over the mountainside casting a beautiful ray of orange and red with clouds sparsely littered across the sky. Just off to the south of the mountains was the colony ship TIS Germania which had landed many months ago and with it the brave settlers that risked everything to journey across the stars before safely landing on Antonius. The ground was a soft brown color, warm and firm with a layer of arid dust laying on top. The Talsonia would now begin to rise out of their shelters and begin their day.

Roughly two kilometers east was a small river which flowed into the mountain range that the star so dramatically rose from. Its majestic glow gave the earth its steady warmth, never getting too cold for a colonist to wear extra clothing or a blanket in his or her quarters. Along the riverbed laid a vast farm which stretched for a kilometer in every direction. The Talsonia preferred to build everything in circles, giving it an even look and feel to it. Not only were their farms constructed with a diameter in mind but their settlements as well.

A few hours would pass and a cargo ship ferrying food and supplies could be seen entering the atmosphere from the colorful clouds above. This would be the final shipment of food and supplies before the planet would be officially deemed colonized. One thousand units of food was onboard the cargo vessel. A final tribute from Talsonia Prime to accelerate population growth on Antonius. This was an administrative decision by the colony and approved by the Imperium Senate back on Prime. As the cargo vessel descended onto Antonius the Talsonia made way and quickly began organizing a team to unload the precious cargo.

1x8Zoq6.png

With the cargo vessel landed and its cargo being extracted the rest of the colony began to do their duties. Farmers would finish breakfast and continue to irrigate the river while construction workers stacked bricks and paved roads. Administrators would hold hearings in the Germania to address issues within the colony while children would learn the ways of the Talsonia in classrooms which were also onboard. A garrison of soldiers were also on Antonius, providing much needed protection from the dangers on the planet such as predatory wildlife. The colony of Antonius was a well oiled machine with almost all of its citizens taking care of the necessities of everyday life on the planet.

Much was different about Antonius and much was the same from Prime. While the landscape was similar, the land was still alien to the Talsonia. Most of the native plant life was toxic to the Talsonia leaving the only crops to farm being imports from Prime. Seeds and other plantlife were shuttled in crates and sent out to the farms from the Germania to be planted along the farms to the east. Farmers would plant and harvest the seeds and crops and later ship them to the Germania for distribution among the colony. Everybody had a job to do on the colony. Whether it was learning in the classroom to protecting the settlements with rifles.

The Talsonia were a busy people and on the turn of the year 2214 Antonius was officially recognized as self-sustaining colony. No more food or supplies would be needed from Prime and settlers could settle as they pleased as long as they had the proper permits and abide by the laws of the Empire.

Nicely written colonisation scene.

Friction

Since the discovery of the Iribot Nucleus several months ago factions among the Talsonia were once again formed. Only this time the Emperor and the Empire was still absolute, making any deviants who would aim to overthrow or subjugate the Empire under penalty of death. Because of this, factions requested the permission of the Imperium Senate through the proper channels on whether or not they were allowed to form. For the most part, factions were allowed to form. Leaving only the most radical and unorganized without permission.

The first of these factions was The Vanguard. The Vanguard was an autocratic society loyal to the Emperor. They believed in the Empire and the Emperor’s will which was to expand, discover, understand and conquer. The Vanguard would hold rallies in the name of the Empire and form a militia. They were a lightly equipped militia with no access to explosives or other major weapons as they were illegal for a citizen to carry and own. The Vanguard considered themselves sons of the Empire and would protect the Empire at all costs.

Unlike the Vanguard who formed prior to the discovery of the Iribots, the Committee of Technological Progress formed after first contact with the machines and believed that they should be embraced. The Committee believed that there was much to learn from one another and that an alliance was in proper order. The Committee also believed that the Talsonia should continue to evolve technologically and apply science to everyday life such as robots for the most mundane of chores and so on.

uu5moPo.png

Along with the Committee of Technological Progress came the First Strike Legion. The Legion was as you would expect from a name as such. They were mostly prior service citizens that believed that the Talsonia should control the galaxy through force, if necessary. The Legion also spoke that the Talsonia should be revered as a divine or superior race and that all other species be held under its will. They believed in violence of action and conquest. Diplomacy would be left for after the war to clean up the fallen empire that once opposed the Talsonia. Radical in nature, the First Strike Legion was under careful scrutiny and while still operating on behalf of the Empire, they were seen as a borderline offensive faction that would need routine inspection by Imperium officials to remain in order.

Seeing as those three were the only three factions formed under the Talsonia Imperium there was friction amongst the citizens of Talsonia Prime. The introduction of these machines caused delight or anxiety to the Talsonia. The rise of these factions was a direct effect of the discovery of the Iribots which shed a new light on the Empire. Could the Empire be able to keep these factions in check and preserve peace? Or would an inevitable war be in the near future?