• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GurenGaaze

Pope
84 Badges
Jul 17, 2010
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Imperator: Rome.. Johan. (unsure if I should tag him/you or not) We have already had a development diary about characters, wealth and loyalty. And in that characters pay for their own loyal troops. (which, if it's alot, will make the character disloyal I assume)
How are you planning to tackle the issue in EU:Rome where a character can be -7000 in depth, and still pay for his troops, holding on to their loyalty, which in turn keeps the character disloyal? (Which also means you don't want to use him, which is reasonable considering he's disloyal.)

https://imgur.com/QbZMJU6 (Imgur picture to illustrate my point.)

Last edited:
In Imperator, if a character cant afford to pay his or her troops, then they will no longer be loyal.

In Imperator, if a character cant afford to pay his or her troops, then they will no longer be loyal.
Is that instant or is there a grace period? Or perhaps a %chance each month/day?

How much can they affor then if they only hold a city? Or can you give more cities/lands to different families so they'd be able to pay more troops of their own eventually? Because you didnt explain exactly how land assignment works for characters in the devdiarie where you announce that.

Yes and 5 minutes of looking could have answered that question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_ancient_warfare#3rd_century_BC

And that is just warfare, not including Rulers of regions that would hand direct command to lower ranks (but the game might not portray the lower rank and would thus depict the female character).

Ok, so in 100 years, there were 13, one of which was fictional, one was Chinese (and out of scope of the game), One was effectively an orderly (Construction and nursing), three nebulously states that women "helped with the defence" and does not mention women in leadership roles, One threw a tile allowing a man to kill an enemy and one is listed as a generals consort.

If that's the extent of it, then I just hope their spawn rates reflect this reality.

Last edited:
Ok, so in 100 years, there were 13, one of which was fictional, one was Chinese (and out of scope of the game), One was effectively an orderly (constitutions and nursing), three nebulously states that women "helped with the defence" and does not mention women in leadership roles, One threw a tile allowing a man to kill an enemy and one is listed as a generals consort.

If that's the extent of it, then I just hope their spawn rates reflect this reality.
If CK2 and hints are anything to go by, their "spawn" (I assume you mean birth?) rates will be the correct 50/50 while laws and social norms will determine their role and potential leadership in political and military affairs.

If CK2 and hints are anything to go by, their "spawn" (I assume you mean birth?) rates will be the correct 50/50 while laws and social norms will determine their role and potential leadership in political and military affairs.

Yes. I'm all for having women generals, of the like of Boudica. But I'd rather they be as rare as histroy remembers. In order to balance this, I'd have them have bonus moral boosting effects. Women who do end up being leaders at this time tend to be Fan-friken-tastic.

So that means if a general couldn't afford the expense of his/her troop, he/she will lose the swealty of his/her troop.What about countries?If senate couldn't afford the expense of national army, will army lead a revolt?
And how to get a general? If a general can be spawn by a decision like CK2, this general will have no cash and power and holdings. Then the senate will be gald to appoint this guy to lead thousands of soldiers. Because the general is too poor to afford the expense of one cohort. No any troops would show swealty to this general. Due to that, even if this general is disloyal to senate, he/she still can't revolt . It may make senate feel safety by using spawn generals.