Changes to the HoI4 Website! (And some Speculation)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bargey

Captain
95 Badges
Jul 28, 2013
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Island Bound
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome Gold
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
WELL, THE DATE IS CONFIRMED TO BE JUNE 6TH. IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED GUYS.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
WE HAVE FOUND A RELEASE DATE AS WELL AS A PRICE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS! See below:

ANOTHER IMPORTANT EDIT: Paradox staff have stated that this date was only a placeholder. Whether this is true or not, we will see tonight. I am taking both sides with a spoonful of salt right now.

As many of you remember, about two years ago, the Hearts of Iron 4 website surfaced. Everyone freaked out, posting their referral links everywhere. For those who don't know, you would get a link when you signed up with your paradox account, and when somebody else signed up through your link, your referrals would tick up, and it was stated that ten people who had referred twenty or more people to the site, would be picked randomly for beta access. For every referral, there was a bar that would tick up with promised prizes for those who signed up, such as a Wallpaper, Strategy guide, Forum icon, and finally a free DLC upon release. So naturally people wanted these things. Anyone and everyone who had knowledge of this was spamming their links to friends and on the steam forum for HoI 3, etc.

Well, following all this news about GDC (hype!) I decided to revisit this site, only to discover the referrals, after all these years, have finally been closed, and recently too. (I believe I checked last one month ago.) I also noticed a link. To another site. And I recognized the link! And you guys may, too! http://www.heartsofirongame.com/ Where do you recognize it? Just recently, it was completely dedicated to HoI3! Now.. well see for yourself! It's completely redone for HoI4! Not only that, but I have some further speculation.

In the middle of the heartsofirongame website, there is a button. Big, yellow button that lights up if you hover the mouse over it, with the words "COMING SOON". However when you mouse over this button it lights up. Obviously meant to click. After putting a lot of effort into clicking it, with nothing happening, I middle mouse clicked. What happened next blew me away. The link at the top of the screen changed. It changed to http://www.heartsofirongame.com/#base-game. Key part of the link is "#base-game". Why is this significant? Well as of now, it just redirects you to the home page if you click on it, but will it do this tomorrow? My speculation is that after tomorrow, this will not be the case. I believe that link will be a redirect to a preorder page, considering all the news of release info tomorrow night.

A bit of evidence to back this, is of course the GDC news, and Podcat talking about how he simply doesn't have the time to finish development of supplying from the air. Alongside this there's all the times Johan, DDRJake and Daniel talk about how well the game is coming along, and how most issues are fixed. I believe the release is nigh. Perhaps in April. I also believe a specific date will be announced at GDC.

So what do you guys think? Is a release coming?

EDIT: Thank you to ddezurik, apparently there is actually a date posted in the source code! I personally do not know how to check this
While it may be old, if you look at the source there is a portion that is commented out:

<!-- "pre_order" -->
<!-- <h4 class="orange">Available on May 25th</h4> -->

EDIT 2: THIS IS CRAZY! I have been able to confirm the reports of a hidden date! Special thanks to Nelfe!
Code:
    <div class="slogan-container">
        <a id="cta" class="btn-cta-main" href="#base-game">
            Coming Soon
        </a>

<div class="slogan">
            <h1 class="main-title">Hearts of Iron<sup class="reg-tm">®</sup> 4</h1>
            <h4 class="sub-title">The ultimate WWII strategy game</h4>

<div class="accolades">
    <h4 class="coming-soon-title">Coming Soon</h4>

<!-- "pre_order" -->

<!-- "buy_now" -->
        <!--
        <div class="accolade">
            <q class="accolade-quote"></q>

<div>
                <p class="accolade-author"></p>
                    <div class="accolade-score rounded"></div>
            </div>
        </div>
        -->

The release date is May 25th!....
2017 (insert trollface here)

EDIT 3: I never expected so much info! Thanks again to Nelfe and ddezurik, a price has been found!
Shows the same for USD

<div class="hidden"><span itemprop="price">39.99</span><span itemprop="priceCurrency">USD</span><span itemprop="description">You are now in command of World War II! Your ability to lead your nation is your supreme weapon, the strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio lets you take command of any nation in World War II; the most engaging conflict in world history. </span></div>

Price: €40 Euro, $40USD and CAD, £30 (according to source code)

Edit 4:
Proof of price
Code:
 <div class="hidden"><span itemprop="price">39.99</span><span itemprop="priceCurrency">USD</span><span itemprop="description">

Edit 5: Alright so I now feel obligated to post the system requirements for the game. The code is lengthy however and this first post is dragging on, so it is in the spoiler below. I have converted it from code to normal human text.
Windows (XP or later)
Mac 10.6+
Linux 14.04+

Processor
Windows: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
Mac: Intel Core Duo Processor 2+ GHz
Linux: Intel PentiumR IV 2.4 GHz<br>AMD 3500+

Memory/Ram
2 GB RAM all around

Hard Drive Space
2 GB free all around

GPU/Graphics Card
Windows: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon®
Mac: ATI Radeon HD 6750 or NVIDIA GeForce 320 or 9600+
Linux: ATI Radeon HD 6750 or NVIDIA GeForce 320 or 9600+

Last edited:
Reactions:
Lets hope we get a release date soon !
I can't wait !:D:D

Reactions:
While it may be old, if you look at the source, there is a portion that is commented out:

<!-- "pre_order" -->

Does this mean the game will be out on May 25th???

Last edited:
Reactions:
May 25th ?!?
That's the day I start my exams...!:mad::mad:

Reactions:
"I personally do not know how to check this"

If you use Chrome, when you right click there should be something like "View the source code" (i'm using the french version, it's "Afficher le code source de la page").
I take a look at it, and if it's commented out, it means it must be hidden until they decide to show it. Further in the source code, there is this line too :

<li class="nav-rwd-item">
<a class="nav-rwd-link external" target="_blank"
href="https://www.paradoxplaza.com/hearts-of-iron-iv">
Buy
<i class="icon-link-ext"></i>
</a>

Reactions:
Price found ! In the link i've quoted, if you look at the source code :

<div class="hidden"><span itemprop="price">39.99</span><span itemprop="priceCurrency">EUR</span><span itemprop="description">You are now in command of World War II! Your ability to lead your nation is your supreme weapon, the strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio lets you take command of any nation in World War II; the most engaging conflict in world history. </span></div>

(its in euro, maybe because i'm french, so if an american forumer can check this, it's around line 798)

Reactions:
While it may be old, if you look at the source, there is a portion that is commented out:

<!-- "pre_order" -->

Does this mean the game will be out on May 25th???
How come this hasn't been showered by helpfuls :p ?

May be old, but may also be a sly way for them to drop a hint of the release date, perhaps a day early : ) . Nice find!

Reactions:
Shows the same for USD

<div class="hidden"><span itemprop="price">39.99</span><span itemprop="priceCurrency">USD</span><span itemprop="description">You are now in command of World War II! Your ability to lead your nation is your supreme weapon, the strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio lets you take command of any nation in World War II; the most engaging conflict in world history. </span></div>

I FOUND THE CODE GUYS! Thanks to Nelfe
"I personally do not know how to check this"

If you use Chrome, when you right click there should be something like "View the source code" (i'm using the french version, it's "Afficher le code source de la page").
I take a look at it, and if it's commented out, it means it must be hidden until they decide to show it.
</a>

I have confirmed these two reports of a hidden date
Code:
    <div class="slogan-container">
        <a id="cta" class="btn-cta-main" href="#base-game">
            Coming Soon
        </a>

<div class="slogan">
            <h1 class="main-title">Hearts of Iron<sup class="reg-tm">®</sup> 4</h1>
            <h4 class="sub-title">The ultimate WWII strategy game</h4>

<div class="accolades">
    <h4 class="coming-soon-title">Coming Soon</h4>

<!-- "pre_order" -->

<!-- "buy_now" -->
        <!--
        <div class="accolade">
            <q class="accolade-quote"></q>

<div>
                <p class="accolade-author"></p>
                    <div class="accolade-score rounded"></div>
            </div>
        </div>
        -->
This is insane!

Reactions:
Price found ! In the link i've quoted, if you look at the source code :

<div class="hidden"><span itemprop="price">39.99</span><span itemprop="priceCurrency">EUR</span><span itemprop="description">You are now in command of World War II! Your ability to lead your nation is your supreme weapon, the strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio lets you take command of any nation in World War II; the most engaging conflict in world history. </span></div>

(its in euro, maybe because i'm french, so if an american forumer can check this, it's around line 798)
Unfortunately I only see 636 lines, I will quote you in the main post however