• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
################ 3.3.0 ##################

###################
# Free Features
###################
- Base game is now free to play!
- Monarch's Journey is available to all non-Linux players. This is a feature which will bi-weekly present new characters to play with a scenario of challenges to earn cosmetic rewards for the upcoming Crusader Kings III game.
- CK2 is now running on a 64-bit architecture, 32-bit systems are thus no longer supported.
- Egyptian portraits.

###################
# Balance
###################
- Adjusted some numbers for tech spread rate for upgrade features relating to the Great Works Library and University.

###################
# Interface
###################
- Fixed it being possible to open multiple rename windows when renaming Great Works or Artifacts.
- Made it possible to scroll the bloodline description in the bloodline view, in case the text is too long to fit.

###################
# User modding
###################
- Added is_local_human_observer trigger.
- Added support for hide_scrollbar in instanttextbox definitions.
- Added support for scrollbar_offset in instanttextbox definitions.
- Disallowed safe ReligionEffect from changing the religion of a Holy Order leader.

###################
# Bug Fixes
###################
- Hiding the Legend text on the Society menu when no societies are found.
- Blocked members of Holy Orders from numerous converting religion decisions.
- Unqualified leaders of Holy Orders are regularly cleaned out should they've converted since they joined.
- Fixed the issue where one got a game over by converting to a religion that requires a disabled DLC by blocking some convertion decisions
- Unqualified leaders of Holy Orders are regularly cleaned out should they've converted since they joined.
- Blocked members of Holy Orders from numerous converting religion decisions.
- You will no longer push yourself to your death.
- Your courtiers will now care about their sexuality when they get lovers.
- You can no longer seclude yourself for meditation when you're already meditating.
- Century old wonders will no longer be talked about as if newly constructed.
- Courtiers will no longer leave their children behind when asked to leave court.
- Dead people looking for books will no longer behave as if alive.
- It's no longer a religious experience to be an Aquarius.
- The Local Traditions decision now includes an active Embrace.
- You will no longer be gifted artifacts from imprisoned characters.
- Artifact flags are no longer looked for in a character scope when you throw it to the ground to save yourself in battle.
- Women can now hunt boars themselves, and also send their daughters to do so.
- You will no longer be able to be both a strong and a weak leader at the same time.
- After siege looting rampages are now far less common.

- Monarch's Journey is available to all non-Linux players. This is a feature which will bi-weekly present new characters to play with a scenario of challenges to earn cosmetic rewards for the upcoming Crusader Kings III game.

Ooooohhh... Like I needed another excuse to play CK2 while waiting, lol.

Strange, with 3.3.0 the "Continue" button in the Launcher is always greyed out and no longer works. I wonder why... I guess they want you to go to the menu so you see the CK3 ad. :D

Here's hoping for a few new patches to polish off CK2, before it is given a wellneeded rest.

Now, why would Paradox waste time and money doing that when they could just pop out some more portrait DLCs for CK3 when it comes out. :rolleyes:

Now, why would Paradox waste time and money doing that when they could just pop out some more portrait DLCs for CK3 when it comes out. :rolleyes:
Doing their best to expand the current player base, preparatory to the Big Release comes to mind...

Can anyone explain what bi-weekly means in this context?
One New character every two weeks or
Two new characters every week?

I really want it to be two new characters every week.

Can anyone explain what bi-weekly means in this context?
One New character every two weeks or
Two new characters every week?

I really want it to be two new characters every week.
Probably one every two weeks, two per week would be too fast for most people to enjoy and unlock most of the rewards.

Strange, with 3.3.0 the "Continue" button in the Launcher is always greyed out and no longer works. I wonder why... I guess they want you to go to the menu so you see the CK3 ad. :D

It wasn't for me.