• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThalesMM

General
45 Badges
Sep 5, 2007
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome
I don't want to start new threads for all bugs I found. I will update this thread when I find new bug.

1. Windowed mode scroll problem (Will be fixed. - ForzaA)
I am using 1920x1200 monitor. I play Paradox games in 1920x1080 windowed mode. The problem is; when I scroll right screen doesn't go right. It goes north, south and left but not right.

2. I can't click ledger icon when more mapmodes are opened.

3. In all mapmodes there are 3d city models on map but in trade map mode there aren't. Will there be trade goods models in trade map mode? Or is it bug?

4. Distant oversea effects should be calculated by distance itself, not by continents, otherwise this happens: http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/bee3weu6/Castille_Distance.png

5. My army was defeated and retreated from Athens to Smyrna instead of closer provinces. See the screenshot: http://www.pictureshack.us/images/78203_retreat.jpg

6. I was at war with 3 minor countries. When occupied Moldavia (WS: 100) "Call for Peace" flag drop on the screen. I clicked it, but it opened the peace tab with Dulkadir instead of Moldavia. http://www.pictureshack.us/images/47971_cfp.jpg

7. When I select Hungary (or any other country) in diplomatic mapmode, I see Ottoman core provinces outside of Ottomans instead of selected country's core provinces. http://www.pictureshack.us/images/17987_cores.jpg

Bug reports from other users:

In the tutorial, when asked to declare war on Leinster, the tutorial says you should click the province to display the Diplomacy menu but you actually have to right-click the province.
Some events (I don't quite remember the names) have grammatical issues, such as missing periods.
So I installed the game but whenever I try to play there's a massive issue with the terra incognita being out of place, there's a picture here - View attachment 87188
The Black AMericas was fixed by updating my graphics card drivers but the fog is still in the complete wrong place, does anyone know what the issue could be here?
When I play the demo it crashes after random periods of time. nVidia GTX 580 with latest drivers (320.49).
I've had a problem where changing from a selected province to a fleet based in that province makes my game run extremely slowly until the window finishes sliding completely out.
I had, what I thought was a bug, when playing as Portugal. When my provinces were ceded back to Morocco by way of the English-brokered peace deal, what units I had based in Tangiers temporarily lost their ability to siege Moroccan lands, as well as the ability to 'create new unit' and 'merge' while in Moroccan territory. Only once my African forces had met up with the Portuguese reinforcements I landed in Africa were my units able to begin sieging and reorganize/merge.

Occasionally the colonial distance numbers appear wrong on the map, e.g. I have 325 colonial distance but the map says I have 195 when I hover the cursor over an uncivilized province.

Occassionally the manpower real total exceeds the manpower limit by about 40ish, e.g. 29960/29990 (latter being the real force, previous being the limit.)

I know I found more, will edit them in if I remember.

Encountered a rather crippling bug whereby I was invading an single province nation and received +144 war exhaustion per month because 'my people wanted peace' once I won the siege...it was 30th of the month, so the result was near instant widespread uprisings because it maxed my exhaustion immediately

In the colonization tutorial, when playing the game on higher speeds the "arrow-meter" that shows how close the units are to moving to the next province fill up way tooo slow, and the units end up moving to the next province when the meter is fill ed up to about a tenth or something.

Had the demo crash at the end of the last tutorial when you colonize in America - think I saw someone else have this but couldn't find with tutorial search.

The Ming have a National Idea called "Create the Eight Banners."
Except the Eight Banners was a military organization created by the Manchu to conquer the Ming.
http://blog-v2.tweaky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/failing-at-cro.jpg
I don't know if that distance overseas thing is a bug, per se - it worked that way in EU3, too. It's most relevant for countries like England - if it was based on distance alone they'd get distant overseas modifiers for a lot of France, probably.
While playing with the Ottomans, after splitting up my navy a few times, it started auto-generating army names for my navy. Weird to see your fleets named "Army of Syria" and the like.
As Portugal, 5 years in Tangiers and Ceuta randomly became Moroccan. No war, no event, they were just suddenly not my provinces anymore. Pretty sure the date was September 1, 1497.
Attrition too low on exploration Barque fleets, especially crossing the Atlantic.http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ploration-not-painful-enough-and-way-too-easy
revolutionary_republic_desc
... Revolutionary propaganda gives the armies defending the revolution strong moral and the principal than everyone is equal gives strong leadership.​
Should be 'morale', 'principle', and 'that', respectively.
The temple faction still promotes war...
I don't understand PI logic. They need to explain this to me.
Ottoman's unify Islam decision seems to have localisation problems.
The localization for the 'Unify Islam' decision is missing, or at least it is in my game. As the Ottomans, it appeared as 'unify_islam_decis' or something.
Pop-up and pause on unit arrival does not work. See this thread.Darkrenown has already noted it is a bug, but thought it best to wrap it up in your list.
Still trying to figure out if there's any chance it's on my end, but I'm leaning towards bug. Post a thread on it, didn't see this one yet: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?706880-Weird-graphical-quot-hiccup-quot
Two bugs I was seeing in the demo:
- When I had to declare war in the campaign tutorial, I was told to use the conquest CB, but I actually only had a holy war CB available.
- The shadows for undiscovered continents were in totally wrong places (i.e. the Americas were much too far east, so South America was overlaying Africa), and didn't disappear once the continents were discovered.
When you click on a country in political mode, and then on another you get stuck at the previous countries core claims rather than seeing the new countries core claims. It requires you change to a different map mode and back to work again.
A similar thing happens in cultural map mode, where once you select a culture and it goes into culture group colours, you can't go back to normal until you swap map modes and come back.
The following has happened to me twice...
Playing as Portugal. Created a General and put him in charge of my 15k stack. Few years later went to war with Morocco. Clicked the "attach to transport button" and it Auto split my army. Transported it all over to Africa and recombined it. General is no longer in charge, yet he is not available for selection and is listed as still alive and draws upkeep from my MMP.
At work atm so cant test it, and last night i was tired and thought i just missed something. However i've seen someone else post this another thread. Anyone else had this problem?
i have the Problem that the sounds disappear after a while of playing, Music stays there but sounds like moving army or Canon shots in siege Interface disappear.
May not be a bug but some weird stuff happens if you select a province, then switch to region mapmode. It only highlights the region which that province is in, and to get the full region map back you need to close the province window and then click the region mapmode button again. I can't see a reason why this behaviour would be desired rather than just showing all the regions whenever the mapmode is active, as it's trivially easy to see which region a selected province is in anyway.
dunno if its a real bug... but in my last portugal game (played it like 5 times up to now ;D) i realised that if you have discoverd a province of an other nation which your not able to see the capital of them yet all you have to do is click on the newly discoverd province and you ll get a free discovery of the province holders capital. Makes no sense that you dont have to actually discover the capital the normal way and just get this information as a present from paradox...
Every time I try to click and drag with the mouse the music pauses for 1-2 seconds and the screen locks (as in I can't scroll around the map) and I need to go to the escape menu to re-enable it.
Not that big off a deal but still very annoying.
Africa: Lake Volta, it's a reservoir from 1965.
MENA: Judea wrapping around the Dead Sea, Negev too and Judea, Hawran, Al Karak as Al Misr (Egyptian) is just wrong. Tunis/Algiers lake border. Bahrain is mostly on the peninsula. You have a province of Kurdistan and it has Azeri culture?
Europe: Western, Central, Eastern "Finish" Lakes. Lake between Beloozero and Yaroslavl has terrible borders. Slovenes are not Austrian Germans. Riga and Lithuania have a border... Liege is too long and phallic for my taste.
Asia: Mislabeling Qinghai Lake as Poyang Lake. Aral Sea size is too much shrunken modern. Java being half uncolonized.
South America: Lake Poopo draining upwards... South Georgia as part of Falklands
North America: "Great salt Lake". Cape Breton and Acadia touch.
I've been having CTD crashes lately, all except one so far in tutorial. Today, just started a normal game on demo and after some time, even before I have yet to unpause the game and after tinkering around with various interfaces, it crashed to desktop. So far, I am unable to find consistent cause of crash. Does the game automatically create a dump or log during game or after crash that I could supply here to assist Paradox here? Thanks.
EDIT: I also vaguely remember something about 'runtime' being mentioned on crash dialog that pop-up.
EDIT #2: I forgot to post my spec here:
GeForce GT 230M
1024MB dedicated video memory
Intel Core i7
1.60 GHz
450 GB
6GB RAM
Discovered a bug: When you have below 0 DIP Points (bottom cap is -100), you cannot end a war even at 100% warscore and 0 DIP costs. You have to leave the country occupied until your score is back to 0 or greater.
(For those wondering: You can go negative forcefully by going on a vassalation spree above your diplomatic relations limit)
Clicking on a country's shield doesn't take you to your diplomatic actions towards them, but just lists their relations as if it were your own country.
Edit: never mind. Please do change the icon on the bottom right that is used to switch though, because it still looks like "opinions" even when you have click it to get back to the actions...
Selecting the mission "Protect against XXXXXXX" requires you to build one unit larger army than XXXXX and gives you 5 army tradition.
When you complete it, you can just delete the newly created unit and select the mission again, build new unit and complete again and repeat. I've been able to do it 5+ times in a row now.
It allows you to freely farm army tradition. I'm going to see how far I can take it, if it eventually randoms away from the mission screen.
EDIT: Now it disappeared. But I was able to do it like 6 times in a row. Netting me 30 very cheap army tradition.
@SchwarzKatze: A follow-up, it happened again, though I was able to get by without it for longer than all past incidents. Got this error: View attachment 87367
You say I need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/08/10 Redistributable packages. So do I get those 3 packages from here? Or am I looking at wrong place? Thanks.
Also, I want to report a bug I notice: Genoa just got annexed by Savoy, yet several game days later shortly after that, the Papal States gave a guarantee for Genoa's independence, even though it no longer exists.
- Combat messages for naval combat dosnt work. My fleet dies without any alert.
- FPS is far from stable. Its not just 1st day of every month, it can jump and drop repeatly even when game paused. Its huge issue in demo coz i cant restart game. Im my demo fps destroyed in 10 years after start and never restored to normal.
Don't know where to post this, but i give it a try here.
This happend to me when playing as Venice, don't know if it's a bug or whats up.
When constructing men at arms in my provinces nothing happend in Istria. The outliner tells me that I have an army of zero men (Armata di Hum) that should be in Istria. When I click on the army it's shows me the regiment tab. But I can't move the army, because there is no men to move. Even though there should be 1000 fresh made, men at arms.
View attachment 87410
This looks like as good a place as any...
  1. Line 63 of common\countries\LanNa.txt has a ?= in it, instead of an = sign.
  2. The text for alert_advisor_slot_delayed in text_l_english.yml needs a semicolon: "At any one time your Realm can have up to 3 advisors to help shape your development. You currently have vacancies in your court; fill them and take advantage of the skills advisors offer. \n$LIST|R$"
    (I do greatly appreciate the fact that YAML allows semicolons, unlike CSV.)
  3. Province #1931, East Frisia, and province #1743, Cambray, are both in the HRE but do not have "hre = no" in 1806.7.12 when Napoleon dissolves the HRE.
Attach to transport bug:
How to reproduce:
Have one transport fleet in province harbor and another non-transport fleet. Select army in province and click "attach to tranport". Move non-transport fleet out of the harbor.
Results in a ghost army with 0 troops attached to the fleet and your are unable to split this fleet since there is an (ghost) army on board.
Tested with Portugal, game start with all ships/troops in Lisboa.
I don't know if this is WAD, but if your colony is destroyed while your navy is based there, it will instantly be destroyed as well. I lost a 30+ ship fleet as Portugal this way.
Personally I find it massively alt tab unstable (w8 64, e8400, 560gtx)
More text file bugs:
Provinces #424 (Ardabil), #1967 (Khujand), #1968 (Kulob), and #1969 (Sozak) are marked as part of Europe, but #424 is in the southern Caucasus and doesn't border any other province in Europe. The other three are in central Asia.
Quite a few sea zones are also marked as part of continents. I don't know whether that affects anything or not, but for tidiness, I'd like to remove them. #1281, #1293, #1297, #1320, #1323, and #1926 are in Europe; I can easily list the sea zones in other continents if it's actually not intended.
There are two "islands" of the central_asia region that are completely enclosed by the middle_east region; intended or not?
It looks like province #1950 (Meghalaya) is supposed to be part of indian_region, since it's completely surrounded by indian_region and it is not in any regions at all.
Getting CTD's randomly when running the demo. No idea why but they usually occur within the first 6-7 months ingame
Is it just me or does morocco randomly get ceuta and tangiers for absolutely no apparent reason randomly sometimes? There weren't any rebels there or anything.
Right clicking a countries shield in a pop up works as it should - brings up small options to Go to capital, open diplomacy, etc.
Would think this functionality would remain the same when on the diplomacy page, where currently right clicking the shield does nothing.

Last edited:
In the tutorial, when asked to declare war on Leinster, the tutorial says you should click the province to display the Diplomacy menu but you actually have to right-click the province.

1. Windowed mode scroll problem (Will be fixed. - ForzaA)
I am using 1920x1200 monitor. I play Paradox games in 1920x1080 windowed mode. The problem is; when I scroll right screen doesn't go right. It goes north, south and left but not right.
For EU3 it happened for me when the window was to far right, so that the right border would be "outside" of the monitor. Maybe that's the same for EUIV?

I've had a problem where changing from a selected province to a fleet based in that province makes my game run extremely slowly until the window finishes sliding completely out.

I had, what I thought was a bug, when playing as Portugal. When my provinces were ceded back to Morocco by way of the English-brokered peace deal, what units I had based in Tangiers temporarily lost their ability to siege Moroccan lands, as well as the ability to 'create new unit' and 'merge' while in Moroccan territory. Only once my African forces had met up with the Portuguese reinforcements I landed in Africa were my units able to begin sieging and reorganize/merge.

Occasionally the colonial distance numbers appear wrong on the map, e.g. I have 325 colonial distance but the map says I have 195 when I hover the cursor over an uncivilized province.

Occassionally the manpower real total exceeds the manpower limit by about 40ish, e.g. 29960/29990 (latter being the real force, previous being the limit.)

I know I found more, will edit them in if I remember.

Encountered a rather crippling bug whereby I was invading an single province nation and received +144 war exhaustion per month because 'my people wanted peace' once I won the siege...it was 30th of the month, so the result was near instant widespread uprisings because it maxed my exhaustion immediately

In the colonization tutorial, when playing the game on higher speeds the "arrow-meter" that shows how close the units are to moving to the next province fill up way tooo slow, and the units end up moving to the next province when the meter is fill ed up to about a tenth or something.

Had the demo crash at the end of the last tutorial when you colonize in America - think I saw someone else have this but couldn't find with tutorial search.

Except the Eight Banners was a military organization created by the Manchu to conquer the Ming.

failing-at-cro.jpg

I don't know if that distance overseas thing is a bug, per se - it worked that way in EU3, too. It's most relevant for countries like England - if it was based on distance alone they'd get distant overseas modifiers for a lot of France, probably.

While playing with the Ottomans, after splitting up my navy a few times, it started auto-generating army names for my navy. Weird to see your fleets named "Army of Syria" and the like.

As Portugal, 5 years in Tangiers and Ceuta randomly became Moroccan. No war, no event, they were just suddenly not my provinces anymore. Pretty sure the date was September 1, 1497.

failing-at-cro.jpg
Have you read the dev diary?
The Eight Banners: +100% Manpower.: Actually a Manchu military system, this was the organization framework that allowed the northern power to overwhelm the Ming in the 17th century. You as the Ming Emperor have the chance to model your own army after theirs.
But those 0 and 1 emperors... if they were indeed that incapable Ming would have collapsed long before 1644.
And the repair Great Wall events... are they placeholders? They are insanely costly for 5 land tradition and provides no defensiveness bonus at all.
Chinese DHEs requires you to hold... Ternate(649)?