Bugfixing-Patch 1.0.7c is LIVE on retail

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings Chirpies!

Easter is over, and so is the wait for the next patch for Cities: Skylines. As previously mentioned our core focus lies in solving the most common technical and accessibility issues some users are experiencing which should be clearly noticeable in this update.

You might recognize some of these patch notes from previous threads, the reason being that we patched previously and then retracted it due to unexpected technical issues.

Please note that if you run a heavily modded version of the game you might want to disable your mods and start a new city to ensure the vanilla game works properly - before you try running your modded city. We can not assume responsibility for the stability of your game when using mods but highly guarantee this practice (as well as regularly backing up your saves!)

If you're experiencing issues with this patch please inform us in this thread so that we can easily monitor the severity and frequency of your problem.

Patchnotes 1.0.7c (incl. 1.0.7b and 1.0.7)
  • Fixed: disappearing custom assets should now show normally
  • Modding: assembly version should now be ignored when loading a map
  • Misc: Embedded mod information to save games (to help debugging and for future improvements)
  • Asset editor: fixed an issue where dragging/rotating props may conflict
  • Asset editor: fixed user-made LOD model getting overwritten by a generated one in some cases
  • Asset editor: fixed problems sometimes occurring when rescaling models in the import window
  • Localization: German loading tips improved
  • Warning text added when enabling a mod
  • Save to cloud box now remain checked if the loading was performed from a cloud save
  • Japanese garden for everyone
  • Added command line parameter "-limitfps x" to set a target fps
  • Mac/Linux: Fixed custom assets not loading due to an invalid PNG format.
  • Mac: Removed menu bar & docks in fullscreen mode
  • Asset Editor: the default size of assets created from templates now matches the template size if loading props
  • Asset Editor: fixed a case where the default textures may get corrupted and require to restart the game
  • Asset Editor: already placed props can now be moved around and rotated in place (respectively using the left and right mouse click) when no tools are selected
  • Asset Editor: fixed cases where LODs may not rotate with the building in the import panel
  • Steam workshop: Steam fixed the workshop not being showing when in offline mode in the latest Steam client release (24 Mar)
  • Locale: added LOADING text
  • Misc: fixed a case where command line arguments may conflict
  • Misc: removed an invalid key binding option
  • Misc: Added screenshot shortcuts to rebindable input (default is F12 for normal screenshot and shift+F12 for hi-res screenshot, also local screenshots now go to gameUserFolder/Screenshots) Steam screenshot feature is untouched and still the preferred method to take screenshots
  • Misc: Info views panel added to the Escape chain so the last Escape press will close the info views now
  • Misc: Save map does not show builtin and workshop maps any longer
  • UI: Fixed arrows sprites not showing feedback when interacted with
  • UI: Fixed color picker color not displaying in the right color space
  • No more duplicate name error for identical names coming from different packages
  • Paths can not be built inside elevated roads anymore
  • Elevated roads can now be upgraded or changed direction if one-ways
  • .ccs files displayed in red can now be selected in the load panel when trying to recover a failed save (when a save fails and attempt to preserve itself generating a .ccs file)
  • French localization improved
  • General audio improvements (should help address the sound stuttering issue with some sound cards)
We'd like to thank you all for being patient with us in these times of post-launch funsies (we promise that's the professional term) and hope that we can continue working together to better Cities: Skylines one update at a time!

Regards,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Reactions:
No 'known issues'?

Is the 'not all building color variations being spawned' fixed already? It was not fixed in beta 1.0.7c, if you fixed that you should have released as 1.0.7d. If it's still not fixed, it's a known issue'.

Would be good to give a progress report on the 'Tunnels' update too.

All in all, thumbs up to the release!

Reactions:
No 'known issues'?

Is the 'not all building color variations being spawned' fixed already? It was not fixed in beta 1.0.7c, if you fixed that you should have released as 1.0.7d. If it's still not fixed, it's a known issue'.

Would be good to give a progress report on the 'Tunnels' update too.

All in all, thumbs up to the release!

Will do an update on known issues and future content in a not too distant span of time. Right now we need to measure the results of this patch and see where our focus should be.

Generally speaking I dare say that all the most common problems are well known by us and are being actively approached or exist in an information-gathering stage where we're working on repros.

Reactions:
Nope, it should update automatically if you disable the beta branch :)

No, and I have no possibility to change to the stable branch.
I'm running still on closedbeta till next beta.

Only possibility is to delete and install the game!

Please CO, make your homwork and try to understand the steam stable/beta process!

Reactions:
I guess CO is fixing high priority issues which might break the gameplay and in the meantime observing and working on new features, traffic "commute time" is a plus feature which should have been a no need mod. The mod which has the rewarding commute time feature is also broken, I really wish we had a commute time like we had for Sim City 4. +1 for CO, great work on this update.

Reactions:

Please CO, make your homwork and try to understand the steam stable/beta process!

As far as I am aware you can simply select "none" as a beta, verify your game and it will patch?

Reactions:

It just did it on its own for me with no loss of data or an erase and install.

Also . . .

I noticed I'm suddenly missing my directional took to change from one way to two way or change the direction of a one way road now. I however still appear to be on "closed beta"

I'm now currently on 1.0.7c and I have those directional buttons back.

Don't be rude to them while you have not tried simple things. As for them understanding the steam stable/beta process, it seems it is you that doesn't understand it.

Two simple things you could and should have done before being rude.
1. Check games integrity (what I did, it worked)
2. Close and restart Steam client (also works and is easier than the above)

Reactions:
To get off the Beta just select None for beta option, close Steam and relaunch and it will patch your game automatically. If for some reason it doesn't then verifty file integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.