• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jia Xu

Strategist
62 Badges
Feb 27, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis III
https://steamcommunity.com/games/532790/announcements/detail/1557608851911533722

To all fans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

For the last three and a half years, we’ve worked hard to bring you a worthy successor to Bloodlines 1. To us, that meant not only making good on the ambitions of this remarkable game, but also a duty to ensure we would not repeat its mistakes. Today, we have to tell you that we need some more time to get you the game you’ve been waiting for. Although Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will still launch in 2020, we have decided to value quality over making the Q1 launch window.

There are some things we wanted to hit under all circumstances when we set out to follow in Bloodlines’ footsteps: A deep, branching storyline; fascinating and amazingly acted characters; the rich universe of the World of Darkness. We firmly believe that we’re on the right track to get you all of this.

On the flip side, there’s the responsibility to avoid some of the issues that plagued the first game, which was famously launched too early. Over the last few months, it became clear that to stick to our original date would risk repeating that mistake. We won’t do that. In the end, everyone working on this game wants to offer you the best Bloodlines 2 we can.

This hasn’t been an easy- nor our first choice. Throughout 2019 we have been improving our processes and growing our teams, however it soon became clear that this alone won’t allow us to deliver the quality we want at the date we promised.

Your feedback was invaluable in this. It helped us give the proper weight to what we saw, as well. We’d like to thank you, and hope you’ll support us in the decision that came from it.

Many of us from Hardsuit Labs will be in Berlin for PDXCON. For those of you going, we look forward to seeing you there! We will be sharing insights into the development of Bloodlines 2 along with other steps we’ve taken to strengthen our development team to realize our ambitions for Bloodlines 2.

For those of you who won’t be there, we will be sharing more about this during the PDXCON Announcement stream on Saturday the 21st. We are also opening up a Reddit thread to answer any of your questions in the Bloodlines stream on the following Sunday.

Thanks,

Andy Kipling and Brian Mitsoda, on behalf of the team at Hardsuit Labs

We want to hear from you! Join the discussion on the comments below to ask your questions. We will compile them to be answered on October 20th during our special Dev Q&A stream live from PDXCON.

Tune in to Paradox Interactive Twitch or Mixer channels this Sunday Oct. 20th at 4pm CET to watch our dev team answer your most burning questions.

As someone who as already paid for the season pass I support this decision. I can delay gratification for a superior game on release.

Thank you for not trying to release an unfinished game.

I have to echo everyone's approval, this wouldn't happen if it wasn't necessary and if it's necessary then it's good.

shigerumiyamoto1-2x.jpg

Now that makes this game very very different from other Paradox games.:p
*Cough* Imperator: Rome *cough*. :p

Hey guys i don't know how many of you play Stellaris, but could this have anything to do with Stellaris: Galaxy Command, the way it blow up in PDX face and the deals with China?
Maybe Hardsuit Labs don't want to be involved with Paradox and they are waiting to end their partnership, that could be the reason of the delay announced the very next day to the S:GC fiasco. What do you think? :confused:

Great!
The gameplay demo was horrible
Awful combat
Stupid AI
Cloned and generic NPCs
Facial animations are worse than VTM 2004
I hope your team greatly improve this game ;)

Last edited:
Good news, I'd rather wait for a better game than a rushed and bugged one. I have already been waiting for 15 years for a sequel so another half a year or so is nothing if it means the finished product is better. I hope Bloodlines 2 will be very good and a commercial success. If it does well we will probably get a BL 3 or another game set in the WoD.

I hope Bloodlines 2 will be very good and a commercial success. If it does well we will probably get a BL 3 or another game set in the WoD.

Like Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood? Or Coteries of New York? I think that even before being released there is already generating interest in other games :)

THIS is what investors in game companies need to see! A Developer showing common sense! Listening to the Customers!

To any investors (except Ventrue...begone powermongers!) this responsible action will net you MUCH more money due to positive reviews, more word-of-mouth and more likelihood of the game generating more $ via merchandising, etc.

Good show Devs!

Hey guys i don't know how many of you play Stellaris, but could this have anything to do with Stellaris: Galaxy Command, the way it blow up in PDX face and the deals with China?
Maybe Hardsuit Labs don't want to be involved with Paradox and they are waiting to end their partnership, that could be the reason of the delay announced the very next day to the S:GC fiasco. What do you think? :confused:
No chance, Hardsuit Labs have no reason to care about Stellaris Galaxy Command. Not to mention that they already decided against providing a playable Demo at PDXCON so this is hardly unprecedented.

No, it's most likely just a coincidence. Bloodlines 2 has issues and the devs in their wisdom decided to delay it instead of gamble everything.

Like I said months ago in a different thread.

The only thing you need to know is that the game is not releasing anytime soon.

The game was no where near ready.

2020 is too optimistic. More like 2021.

I won't lie, I am feeling a little bummed out by this, but I definitely respect their decision-as only they can truly know if the development pace was meeting their own expectations.

I still maintain that the game slice we saw back at E3 looked far better than several games that have released this year-like Anthem, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, FIFA 20, NBA 2K20, Borderlands 3.....to mention a few ;). That said, kudos to both HSL & PDX for wanting to put out the most polished product possible.

I do hope they are able to maintain-& even build on-the hype for this game beyond the Q1 2020 period!. My hope would be for a late Q2 2020 release......a solid 2 months beyond the release date of CP2077! I guess we will know more in 3 days time!

I agree with everyone this delay is for the best. While I've grown accustomed to the "release and patch" mindset for video games these days, I think it's really important for this game to make a good first impression.

This is very unlikely, considering that (1) Paradox (the publisher) funded Hardsuit Labs (the developer) to produce this game and (2) the series has been a Paradox IP ever since Paradox bought out White Wolf Publishing.

Under those scenarios, there's little to win and everything to lose if Hardsuit Labs ended their partnership. If the partnership is going to end at all, it's likely going to be that the entire project just sunk or Paradox decided that they want another developer to work on this. At this point, there's no information to suggest either of this is going to happen.