• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sseatris

Recruit
Sep 6, 2017
I have 6 total saves between autosaves/manual, and all give the same issue when I attempt to load a game: Loading begins, with the little icon on the top of the screen, then everything goes completely black. I thought it was just a transition between screens, so on multiple occasions I let it sit there. 5, 10, 45 minutes. No change. I can start a new game, but even then it won't let me load any new saves. .. Any ideas? Even though I'm posting on the Console Version thread, I suppose it can't hurt to confirm that I'm playing this on the PS4.

Upvote 0
I am sorry you are experiencing this. It would help us if you could give us some more information.
  1. Have you ever been able to load a game?
  2. So you never see the loading screen with the tips, loading bar etc.?
  3. What language are you using on your system?(feel free to PM me about this if you want)
There is currently an issue when playing on some locales on the PS4 (Notably Turkish) that we are working on getting a patch for soon. You would get items named "Missing Item 67" if you play on a Turkish language setting. The current workaround for that issue is to change system language.

Thanks for the response, here's the requested info:

1. Yes, for a solid week of play I was able to save/load/continue without any problems whatsoever. The issue came all at once and affects all current and new save files.
2. The regular loading screen is just gone, it transitions straight from the select save file screen to black. When continuing from the main menu I thought it showed the little autosave icon before transitioning to black, but I restarted the game so many times while testing that I may just be remembering when it shows up before loading the main menu.
3. English language​

No other error messages or issues I've noticed except that the game seems to stutter briefly when loading the Obsidian logo animation on startup. Otherwise everything is fine, no issues with the system itself or other games. I rebuilt the database after the first round of troubleshooting and it seems to have made no difference.

Could you try playing on a different user and see how that works out? It may be a rare issue with how our settings system work. If you could try this it may help us nail down the source of the problem. If you can play successfully on a new user it may help if you delete Settings>Application Save Data management>Save Data in System Storage>Delete>Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition>SavedData as this contains settings (Those in the options menu) for your user.

Last edited:
I'm also having the same problem. I've been playing on a PS4 since launch, at about 80 hours of gametime. Just this week my Saved Games won't load. I'm having the same problem ... it just goes to a black screen and doesn't load the game. The only thing I can do is back out of the game and close the application. I can't load Saved Games that I created, AutoSaves, or "Continue".

If I delete Settings>Application Save Data management>Save Data in System Storage>Delete>Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition>SavedData, will that also delete my Saved Games?

It happens to me several times on ps4. I resolve this issue by beginning a "new game" and then when I have the control of my new character, I load my old save file.
I hope it will work for you to