Beta Patch 1.1.0 (Clarke) Released [checksum ed47] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, the b938 was the hotfix that was released on Friday night for the beta that caused a few CTD's for people so they rolled it back to 3613. In the Dev Diary today there was some mention that they might release an update today, but not sure if that's going to happen now...

Reactions:
So it is.

* Tech penalty : I didn't see anything, I felt like in my previous games. Carefull early expand due to energy shortages, then colonize as much as I can. Set sector on science. Tech, tech, tech.

You said you turtled so I'm assuming low planet count. I had quite a sizeable empire and late game techs now take ages as they required something around 50000 points. Theres no more "getting techs quicker" with the average being around 50/60-80/90 months for most big techs now. So you do get higher tech levels later. (which is a shame for me as now performance hits late game mean I can't play late game at an enjoyable pace).

Reactions:
You said you turtled so I'm assuming low planet count. I had quite a sizeable empire and late game techs now take ages as they required something around 50000 points. Theres no more "getting techs quicker" with the average being around 50/60-80/90 months for most big techs now. So you do get higher tech levels later. (which is a shame for me as now performance hits late game mean I can't play late game at an enjoyable pace).

No low planet count. I was Fanatic Materialist / Pacifist, so +10 % from Ethos + 10 % from Network administation. Settle forward to block AI developpement (FTL only game). I think I finished with something like 30/40 planets (small galaxy). Turtle = no war, for me.
Maybe, I was luck, no planet inside size 10, except 5 or 6 at 9.

I stopped my game when I ended tech tree, before 200 years. Late techs took between 40/50 k, between 24 to 48 months.

We have updated the beta again, new checksum is ed47.
If everything looks fine we will upload the final release update in 1-2 days.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions:
We found an issue with the end-of-combat report this morning that we are working on fixing ASAP, but will not fixed in the latest update.
The issue is that we didn't track evasion stats correctly so the Hit Ratio and Evasion Ratio fields display incorrect information.

Reactions:
We found an issue with the end-of-combat report this morning that we are working on fixing ASAP, but will not fixed in the latest update.
The issue is that we didn't track evasion stats correctly so the Hit Ratio and Evasion Ratio fields display incorrect information.

so the reports are false but the battles are working as intended?

@Zoft thanks for the heads up.

Can you put back the patch notes for the hotfix please (or point us to where it was posted the first time) ? Thanks !

EDIT : never mind, I found it myself : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-problem-reports.937741/page-20#post-21273855

For the lazy :

We have updated the beta patch, patch notes and checksum updated in this thread.

- Fixed a bug where assigning ethics to newly generated pops would cause incorrect ethics divergence.
- Custom ruler and heir titles will now be properly saved and loaded.
- Fixed armies being stuck on planets
- Planets recaptured from the AI empire will no longer randomly become Tundra worlds
- Fixed the AI empire having highly self-destructive ideas about AI legality
- Colonizeable tooltip in galaxy map lists reason for unable to colonize in delayed

Reactions:
Agreed with Te'Ryn Tec on this. It causes problems like this one I'm having in my game, where I use hyperlanes and can't reach the empire that the federation is at war with. But everyone else's ships are following me rather than going and ending this little podunk war.
http://imgur.com/0nbRHKE
I'm less than thrilled with this situation.

Reactions:
How difficult is it to NOT have your allies follow your fleet with the most power? This really makes it impossible to have a war in late game as you are basically fighting everything solo cuz your allies do nothing but follow one fleet around the entire time.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...dog-conumdrum-suggestion-fixes-listed.939403/

Wars are just fatiguing Whack-A-Mole at this point, hyperlane only makes them slightly better but the AI tends to just romp around killing your mines and spaceports while you lag a few jumps behind.

Reactions:
I've found that well-placed fortresses and the like can stop that, because it'll engage them and give you time to catch up to them. Or using smaller fleets to hem them in. If they engage, then you can slow them down a bit to bring full fleet down on them

Reactions: