BATTLETECH - Tasks not progressing in timeline

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arny

Recruit
12 Badges
May 16, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Magicka
One line summary of your issue
Tasks not progressing in timeline

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After completing a story mission (where you have to destroy the Newgrange) I have a number of mechs in for repair and refit, a ship upgrade running, two mechwarriors in medbay and a financial update in a few days. When I try to progress past this point, no matter what I try and do I find that the only tasks in my timeline that are progressing properly as time advances are the healing mechwarriors in the medbay.

Everything else stalls, aside from the financial report, which progresses to 0 days and changes to "DONE" in the timeline, but never shows me the actual report. If I then continue advancing the timeline, my mechwarriors heal up, the financial report goes into negative days in the top left, and everything else stalls.

Steps to reproduce the issue
Load the save game and advance time. It doesn't seem to matter what you do in terms of repair, refit, events, etc.

Upload attachment

Attachments

• 4e5bd1ab-ce7f-435d-a617-465e5b9faa05.sav
    404,2 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0
Yeah. I really don't want to have to repeat that particular mission only to find out that the same issue exists, but I will give that a go in the next day or so. I just don't want to have to start over, as much as I'm enjoying the game.

Same issue. Mech bays does not open - only Yang. Contract launch screen stuck. 1619 campaign days. Only one save file.

Attachments

• 43fa23bf-845c-437a-815f-18bb097cf00c.sav
    1,2 MB · Views: 30
  • bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    685,8 KB · Views: 57
  • bt2.jpg
    bt2.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 59
  • bt3.jpg
    bt3.jpg
    436,1 KB · Views: 54
Same issues for me as well. Mech bays and engineering upgrades not progressing anymore and financial reports not triggering or deducting funds.

Looks like the game is now unplayable for the time being, which is a shame.

On the other hand I've been totally addicted so at least I'll now be forced to do other things.

this issue was reported in the .03 beta but it got pushed to the live update now everyone who didn't want to wreck their saves from risking a beta test get wrecked anyway

Ugh...I'm experiencing the same bug.
So are there any workarounds currently or we hosed until the next patch?

I've found no workaround other than going back to pre-1.0.3 saves and hoping one works and the bug does not reoccur.

Some reported success with validating the game files or reinstalling. Neither solved the issue for me.

I do currently have a save where the bug hasn't happened that is functional. I have no idea what makes it different from the others.

Similar event happened as I finished the storyline Coromidar mission.. had a sound glitch that played one particular ambient sound loudly and continuously *and* the way cool mech you get afterward would not progress when I put it in refit. I tried another contract thinking perhaps the glitch may reset when I returned to the ship, no joy. In fact I returned with a damaged King Crab and it hung at the one day remaining to complete the repair and would not progress. I deleted the save files to a step before I took the Coromidor contract and reloaded that one and everything worked fine. (well ..except I ran into different mechs during the contracts leading up to Coromidar) -Nagumo-sama, Genjo ..call sign Kamikaze ..aka Frank :)

this issue was reported in the .03 beta but it got pushed to the live update now everyone who didn't want to wreck their saves from risking a beta test get wrecked anyway

Really? So you're saying my save is now trashed? Or is it just not working till they sort it out?

Either way it's not really worth starting another game until the issue is resolved if it could happen again.

I did a mission today and now find myself in the same situation. I'm no longer able to repair or ready mechs. The time line just doesn't tick down anymore for those things. The financial report ticks along fine though. I don't use any mods, nor have i altered any game code or whatever it is people have mentioned in earlier posts. Its just vanilla, out of the box Battletech. Unless i want to continue on with the game with a 3 man squad i'm stuck until this is fixed.

Same issue. Medbay progression continues but finances and mech repair does not (despite finances timer goes to zero, and negative in LHS ledger).

Tried to exit and restart and load earlier savegame (though it was still 1.03) and problem was still there.

Finished the Liberation of Panzyr mission and now I have this problem, too. It looks like it is triggered by completing a story mission, perhaps?

Don't think so. My issues happened well removed from a story mission. In the other, earlier thread that should be merged with this one, there are many reports of the issue happening removed from story involvement.