• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Paradox Carousel banner.png

Hey! Here's our general FAQ for today's release! If any common issues show up we'll add them here!

Will this work with my existing saves?

Yes!

Where do I find the Flashpoint content?
Once Flashpoint is installed, the new ’Mechs and maps will be available in Skirmish mode.

In Campaign mode you can experience the endgame Flashpoints right away if loading a post-story campaign save game.
For a longer a more in-depth Flashpoint experience it is recommended to start a new game in Career mode! In Career Mode, Flashpoints will begin appearing after only a few weeks however make sure that your crew and ‘Mechs are ready for the challenge before taking them on!

I am playing BATTLETECH through the Paradox Launcher and I can’t find the Flashpoint content:
After purchase of the Flashpoint expansion, you will need to be logged in within the game in order to see Flashpoint content. This is only if you are running the game through the Paradox Launcher though.

What’s new in Update 1.3?
1.3 comes loaded with a lot of goodies! You can read the full release notes here.

I heard whispers about a localization beta, tell me more!
Localization is officially in Beta on Steam and GOG for all OS versions! Select the “public_beta_localization” branch to opt-in, then select German, Russian, or French in the in-game Settings menu. This Beta includes translated Flashpoint paid expansion content for owners of Flashpoint. We will continue to work on bug fixes (including updating any missing string translations), improving the quality of the translations, and updating this beta branch. We also look forward to hearing your feedback on the PDX Forum. Habe Spaß! Повеселись! S'amuser!

Speaking of betas what about Linux? Are we still in Beta?
The Linux Beta along with fixes and updates has been integrated with the main game version and is available on Steam, GOG, and Humble! We are still in Beta and continue to bug fix, so you should expect to still encounter some issues.

I have been playing with mods, will the game still work with my mods running?
BATTLETECH does not officially support mods and as such we cannot guarantee that the game will function as intended if the game files have been altered. The community recommendation is to uninstall the game and make a clean install to assure the game working with the new content until modders have updated their mods to be compatible if you have previously been using mods.

I bought the season pass through GoG and are currently not getting the update or Flashpoint content:
There is currently an issue which requires users to launch the game through the GoG Galaxy launcher in order to activate the new content, this should hopefully fix the issue for now while GoG investigates a permanent solution.

Known Issues:
Some users may experience up to 80 seconds of loading when launching the game, issue appeared inconsistently but is known. Please just wait even though loading seem unusually long.

Last edited:
I'm not using the Paradox launcher and I can't find the Flashpoint content. I'm on GoG, not using Galaxy, and I've run the install file for Flashpoint several times now, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. I get told I've installed successfully. I get some files update in my game folder, including an uninstall utility for Flashpoint, but when I launch the game and go to the skirmish mech bay, there are no shiny new mechs.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Further browsing turned this up, possibly related: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?posts/24890894/

Last edited:
I'm not using the Paradox launcher and I can't find the Flashpoint content. I'm on GoG, not using Galaxy, and I've run the install file for Flashpoint several times now, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. I get told I've installed successfully. I get some files update in my game folder, including an uninstall utility for Flashpoint, but when I launch the game and go to the skirmish mech bay, there are no shiny new mechs.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Further browsing turned this up, possibly related: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?posts/24890894/
Updated the FAQ with this just moments ago, there is currently an issue with this on GoGs end, we and they are investigating but hopefully launching the game through the Galaxy Client would fix this for now before we have a permanent solution!

I bought the Season Pass direct from the Paradox store, intending to redeem the code in Steam and continue playing that, as I have for a number of Paradox expansions and games now. I received an email... almost thirteen hours ago now, saying that I would soon receive an email with the relevant code for Flashpoint in it. If I go to My Games on the Paradox site, the Season Pass and Season Pass (Paradox Launcher) entries are there, with a Manage option - but no image, nor anything else. Just the name and the default Paradox logo. If I go to my Order history and check, it has my order for the Season Pass, and the correct cost, but the item is not named - just a blank entry with the cost for the Season Pass on it, then another blank entry for $0. The free entry when buying an item on the Paradox store is the second version, either the Steam or Paradox Launcher version I forget which, so I'm not worried about the fact I had a $0 entry, but rather that neither the $0 or the costing entry appear to be FOR anything.

And yet, they are there in My Games, just with nothing but the name in their entry.

Should I open a ticket? Or have you already got enough tickets that you're investigating, and my ticket would be both superfluous and distracting?

Last edited:
Alliances
When you choose to ally yourself with a faction, your reputation will be reset to zero with their enemies. After breaking the alliance, your reputation with your previous allies enemies will remain at zero but can once again be improved.

Alliance Stores
After becoming an ally with a faction, your starmap will show the location of the faction specfic stores. To access the faction store, a new tab will be available at the top of the standard store to view and purchase the items only available from your allies.

Local Pirate Faction
If you choose to ally yourself with the pirates, then all other factions, including The Arano Restoration, become your enemy.

Black Market
Only once an ally of The Local Pirate Faction will you gain access to the Black Markets in much the same way as you gain Alliance Store access with other factions. The only difference is you only have access granted if you choose to accept an invitation from the pirates, this appears as an event. Occasionally additional membership payment events will occur.
There are many more Black Market Stores than Alliance Stores. I've seen better goods for sale, including complete Atlas and King Crab Mechs. This occasionally includes very rare items that appear to be Lostech, for example a Heat Exchanger. Most Black Market Stores sell low > mid range items and Mechs. It appears there are a few high value Black Market Store, for example Pojos within the Capellan Federation and Independence within the central zone.
If you leave the Local Pirate Faction Alliance, you retain access to the Black Market Stores. You do not however retain the discounted membership rates from events.