Axis Armor and Radio Pack available now!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event

Hearts of Iron Radio Pack

Drown out the hum of machinery and whine of bomber engines with the soothing sounds of new martial music brought to you by Paradox and its composing partners. This DLC pack adds unique radio stations for each of the three major factions in Hearts of Iron IV (Allies, Axis and Comintern) and gives access to free music updates as well.

The Hearts of Iron Radio Pack gives access to:
  • Faction Radio Channels: A total of 35 new songs spread across three faction specific radio channels, each with their own unique look and design.
The Hearts of Iron Radio Pack is available for $6.99 (6.99 EUR).

In addition the free 1.7 'Hydra' update improves music for everyone:
  • Free Access to Older Hearts of Iron Tracks: The scores for Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron III will be freely available to all Hearts of Iron players, letting you experience the soundscapes of veterans who have gone before.
  • Free refit of older music add-ons: If you own any of our older music packs, like the Sabaton music pack, those will now be redesigned to resemble radio stations like the newer music, to give you a smoother user experience within the game.
Hearts of Iron IV Axis Armor Pack
Push through the plains of the Low Countries or the jungles of Burma in style with new 3D unit models of Axis armor units. A total of 53 new armor models are in this pack which, added to the eight tanks available in the German Tank Pack, gives the forces of fascist militarism 61 different armor designs you can see in-game.

As a free bonus - the Axis Armor Pack also includes eight German tank models, previously only available in the Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel edition, such as the King Tiger and the Maus super heavy tank. After all, you can’t have Axis Armor without German tanks.

The Axis Armor Pack includes:
  • 19 German Armor Models: A range of tank destroyers, self propelled artillery and self propelled anti-air vehicles, including the Stug III, the Wespe and the Elefant heavy tank destroyer.
  • 22 Japanese Armor Models: A range of every armor type, with seven different Japanese tank designs like the experimental heavy O-I tank that never went into production and a number of tank destroyers.
  • 12 Italian Armor Models: A roster of Semovente tank destroyers and the always outmatched L6 tank highlight this list of Italian armor from the war.
The Axis Armor Pack is available now for $5.99 (5.99 EUR).

Buy on the Paradox Store
Buy on Steam

Last edited:
Reactions:
The Hearts of Iron Radio Pack gives access to:
  • Faction Radio Channels: A total of 35 new songs spread across three faction specific radio channels, each with their own unique look and design.
  • Free Access to Older Hearts of Iron Tracks: The scores for Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron III will be freely available to all Hearts of Iron players, letting you experience the soundscapes of veterans who have gone before.
  • Free refit of older music add-ons: If you own any of our older music packs, like the Sabaton music pack, those will now be redesigned to resemble radio stations like the newer music, to give you a smoother user experience within the game.

This is confusing. What is free, and what is part of the pack? If the last 2 items are free, why are they listed under "The Hearts of Iron Radio Pack gives access to:"?

Just a minor setback, the steam store pages of both those packs are not available in China, steam search returns no result of those packs. But, they are still purchasable by directly using the links above.
It is similar to the issue when MtG expansion first releases. ;)
But, as they are just decoration packages, it's not that much a problem like last time.

Update: the problem has been fixed!

Last edited:
I believe update to 64bit is including in 1.7 free patch.
So those are just armor and music packs

I know that the 64bit update is part of the patch. Question is if the patch is released now aswell!

Really happy about the packs though. I love myself some Jagdtigers on the field.

I know that the 64bit update is part of the patch. Question is if the patch is released now aswell!

Really happy about the packs though. I love myself some Jagdtigers on the field.
Yes, the patch has been released for about an hour. :D

Should be accessible as normal
Ok. And none of the old music DLCs will have the music files turned inaccessible? (As otherwise I need to make sure they all are extracted and not just linked to the DLC folders.:p (I usually have playlists for the various PDS games which I use when listening to music. Hence why it's annoying when the music files arne't extractable as then I can't listen to the great music e.g. when traveling.)

Ok. And none of the old music DLCs will have the music files turned inaccessible? (As otherwise I need to make sure they all are extracted and not just linked to the DLC folders.:p (I usually have playlists for the various PDS games which I use when listening to music. Hence why it's annoying when the music files arne't extractable as then I can't listen to the great music e.g. when traveling.)

As long as you own the DLC, the songs will get downloaded to the music folder in your local files. We have no plans to change this any time soon :)

This is confusing. What is free, and what is part of the pack? If the last 2 items are free, why are they listed under "The Hearts of Iron Radio Pack gives access to:"?
yeah sorry about it. I have updated the original post to hopefully be clearer now. We wanted to mention the free part and the updates to the other music DLCs so ppl wouldnt be confused about them changing

Love the idea of a radio pack and will be buying it asap.

What's the point of the armor pack, though? I can only see division models, so those would be medium tanks, maybe heavies. I have never seen a TD or SPART division (even when I included them in my templates). Plus AI never really makes armor unless playing with ExpertAI mod, so I will only see tanks I make myself.

Love the idea of a radio pack and will be buying it asap.

What's the point of the armor pack, though? I can only see division models, so those would be medium tanks, maybe heavies. I have never seen a TD or SPART division (even when I included them in my templates). Plus AI never really makes armor unless playing with ExpertAI mod, so I will only see tanks I make myself.

You can edit the model of your division. LIke. You can choose what kind of model it has on the map, depending on the units in the division. So if you have a HSPAT II in your tank divisions as germany, you can select the Jagdtiger model in the division creation screen to be the units display icon.

As excited as I am about Hydra (and that is a lot), I think I'm even more excited about this music and radio station DLC. This is fantastic!

As long as you own the DLC, the songs will get downloaded to the music folder in your local files. We have no plans to change this any time soon :)
Ok. Good to hear. Just checking given how it did change in Imperator.

Cool stuff. The models look good. And most of the music in this game is just amazing!
Both are so important factors for this game's immersion.
I love the radio station feature in the 1.7 beta.