Augustus - Teaser #5 - 29th of July 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Game Director is Henrik Fåhraeus, 15 year industry veteran, lead designer behind the Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron series.

Means nothing. Don't try to trick me with this one. :p I believe he worked on some other projects too and etc... Basically, he has done everything and nothing, and would be relevant for each major IP at paradox. I believe he was a modder at first.

Could still be migrational era though.

Last edited:
Suggestion is that the game is a combination of CK2 and HOI :)

Crusader Tanks confirmed ?

Clearly this will be a game where a time travelling Roman Empire emerges in 1940's Europe and tries to establish a new Republic and/or Empire.

The player must manage their way through a world of politics to ensure their character and eventual offspring gain more and more power in the Senate. Ultimate goal is to grow powerful enough to declare themselves Emperor.

How close am I?

IMHO Grand-strategy game definitely confirmed
This was already confirmed by dev comments and the fact that all major IP's at paradox have been grand strategy. They would never have calkled it a major IP if it was not grand strategy.

Suggestion is that the game is a combination of CK2 and HOI :)

Crusader Tanks confirmed ?

drive%2Bme%2Bcloser%2521%2Bi%2Bwant%2Bto%2Bhit%2Bthem%2Bwith%2Bmy%2Bsword.png

CK2 style ancient world game (no migration period) is still the most likely explanation

Please let it be Rome! Please oh please oh please! I've played Rome total war till death with the total realism mod...but since knowing Paradox and grand strategy it lacks depth and actual grand strategy...

I can't see what HOI would have to do with this unless it's a space sim (or modern, but CK2 wouldn't fit into the modern era).

EDIT = That is, some sort of Dune-esque setting with space feudalism. Like Crisis of the Confederation.

also we knew this already, he's Doomdark, he also did Vae Victis

HenrikF%C3%A5hraeus_Projectlead_2resize.jpg

Don't show me his picture, show me where his family lives! Let's see if we still get these difficult quotes when we get some decent leverage to negotiate for information!

Just kidding of course.

OR AM I?......

Anyhow I never played EU:Rome but as I understand it Vae Victus really improved on the core game. So not a bad sign I guess. But not a great hint as well. Can still be anything.

Please paradox just give me something like 300 BC to 300 AD with the whole of Eurasia to play with and nicely varried gameplay when playing india, china, Rome or some hellenistic succesor state and I can happily quit my work and social life.