• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hopit

Captain Pessimist
125 Badges
Nov 30, 2011
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
Hello everyone.

I've been wondering for some time, who/what actually are the "approved re-sellers" that Paradox considers legitimate? Is there a list Paradox has made, which has all of them? If not, why? I'd think something like that would be hugely important and helpful to everyone involved (Possible customers and Paradox)

Greenmangaming is one that I'm most confused about, they have Paradox on the list where they have every publisher/developer whose products they sell, I think?

https://www.greenmangaming.com/publishers-and-developers/
(Moderators, if link is not allowed/accepted, just edit it out then, as I'm not completely sure about it)

I've bought a few keys from them in good faith, but now I'd like to know for sure if they sell legitimate keys or not, so I can continue buying from them or stop all together.

Also, a list of legitimate re-sellers would be very appreciated (I said this twice, as I consider it to be the most important part in this post)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Green Man Gaming is indeed an approved reseller. There used to be an official list somewhere but all I've found is out-dated information. So I have taken the time to compile an up-to-date list with links to each approved reseller's webstore and detailing which exact form they sell PDX games in.

Currently the approved resellers (updated 14/06/23) are:
If you still have doubts about a certain reseller not listed above, be sure to check this Support Article and if you're still not sure it is best to contact Support for advice:

https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc...-Buying-keys-from-third-party-sellers-warning

NOTE that Paradox Interactive also sell Physical Copies of certain games (usually the flagship titles) under their own name on Amazon as well as the distributor "Ikaron". Both Sellers are officially viable ways of obtaining a physical copy of a Paradox Interactive game. When buying from Paradox Interactive on Amazon be sure to double check if it is a Direct Download or Physical Copy that you are purchasing in order to get your desired version of the game correct. Also worth pointing out that physical copies are only available to ship to certain EU countries including the UK.

Update (09/17): It is also worth pointing out that Paradox sell both Non-Steam and Steam required games from their Paradox Plaza store, you will receive both a Steam Key and a version of the game that is launched through the Paradox Launcher. You will receive two versions of the game at no extra cost. Please note that this does not mean you will receive two copies of the game, it is two versions of one license. This only relates to Planetfall, Empire of Sin, Surviving Mars, BattleTech and Tyranny at present but other PI games may be available on the Launcher as it is developed further. Stellaris and Crusader Kings III were supported on the standalone Paradox Launcher platform, but are no more - so only old versions of those games, and older DLCs, will appear there.

Update (11/18): You cannot use license keys bought on GOG to activate on Steam.

Update (09/19): Despite the discontinued partnership between Gamersgate UK and Paradox, by courtesy of Virtual Programming (licensed to publish) pre-2012 Paradox titles are available on the Gamersgate store including the later Victoria II exp. packs and are solely available on MAC OS. These are all MAC-Direct Downloads.

Update (12/21): Instant-Gaming is not an approved reseller.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Green Man Gaming is indeed an approved reseller. There used to be an official list somewhere but all I've found is out-dated information.

Currently the approved resellers (that I can remember off the top of my head) are:
  • Steam Store
  • GoG
  • Green Man Gaming
  • Amazon Digital Distribution and Retail Distributor "Ikaron"
  • Humble Store/Bundle
  • Paradox Web Store.

If you still have doubts about a certain reseller, be sure to check this Support Article and if you're still not sure it is best to contact Support for advice:

https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc...-Buying-keys-from-third-party-sellers-warning

I know this has nothing to do with "Hopit" question and i am indeed sorry, but this is directed at "Sanny". I just want to say, i have been watching this forum both signed in and not signed in and from what i have seen "Sanny" is a wonderful human being, always helping members, looking up information about questions a member might have and as i know from personal experience a kind word, i will never forget when i mentioned i was fighting cancer, Sanny was very kind and it really made my day and i really felt better at the time. Sanny, the world would be a much better place with more people like you, i wish you the very best in life and may god bless you always. Keep being the person you are, no matter how tough life may become and you will be just fine. "Paradox" should make you a "Good Will Ambassador" for the forums or a "Moderator", something worthy of you. Thank you for being you, a wonderful and kind human being. I salute you!!!!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I know this has nothing to do with "Hopit" question and i am indeed sorry, but this is directed at "Sanny". I just want to say, i have been watching this forum both signed in and not signed in and from what i have seen "Sanny" is a wonderful human being, always helping members, looking up information about questions a member might have and as i know from personal experience a kind word, i will never forget when i mentioned i was fighting cancer, Sanny was very kind and it really made my day and i really felt better at the time. Sanny, the world would be a much better place with more people like you, i wish you the very best in life and may god bless you always. Keep being the person you are, no matter how tough life may become and you will be just fine. "Paradox" should make you a "Good Will Ambassador" for the forums or a "Moderator", something worthy of you. Thank you for being you, a wonderful and kind human being. I salute you!!!!
Thank you very much for the kind words, I just like to help out and offer some assistance to the community. Staff tend to be up to their ears in workload sometimes, and occasionally miss posting/updating important information like this.

I hope you are doing well @CookieMonk all the best!

Sweet.

Thank you very much for the kind words, I just like to help out and offer some assistance to the community. Staff tend to be up to their ears in workload sometimes, and occasionally miss posting/updating important information like this.

I hope you are doing well @CookieMonk all the best!

Sorry it has been a while since i logged in, just dealing with things. thank you for your reply and i met each and every word. Yes i am doing good, just not too much energy, but well and again thanks for asking, you are so kind. Take care and be well, take care of yourself, Sanny.

Green Man Gaming is indeed an approved reseller. There used to be an official list somewhere but all I've found is out-dated information.

Currently the approved resellers (that I can remember off the top of my head) are:
  • Steam Store
  • GoG
  • Green Man Gaming
  • Amazon Digital Distribution and Retail Distributor "Ikaron"
  • Humble Store/Bundle
  • Paradox Web Store.

If you still have doubts about a certain reseller, be sure to check this Support Article and if you're still not sure it is best to contact Support for advice:

According to this thread gamesplanet.com are also official.

Last edited:
Updated with some information on the Plaza Store and Paradox Launcher. Thanks to Product Manager DNote for the details.

If any Forum or PDX Staff notice anything incorrect or missing in my information regarding Approved Resellers, feel free to make your own corrections to my post or contact me via PM.

Last edited:
I was wondering whether the retailer wingamestore is an approved reseller. I saw they were offering pre-order copies of Stellaris: Apocalypse as well as Surviving Mars. I sent them an e-mail and they said they were awaiting keys for Surviving Mars from Paradox, so I was wondering if they are an official reseller?

Same question about cdkeys.com, all my purchases including Stellaris came instantly and complete

CDKeys is definitely not legitimate. They are among the same lines as Kinguin & G2A and other grey market resellers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can you explain, like I said, all game keys cake instantly. Why are they not legit, how do they get the keys?
They buy the keys through using weak currency and not paying tariffs/taxes, like buying from Russia or South-East Asia is far cheaper than buying from the United States. Basically you are buying keys that are not intended for your region and sometimes you can have grey-market keys revoked on your account (if caught) after all you are only buying a license to play the game. You also have to be aware that some games are region locked and so if you do buy a grey market key you might not be even able to activate it. At the end of the day the Developer and Publisher loses out on their fair share for their hard work, you don't want to do that to Paradox especially, who are a great company, they care about their gamers, so everybody should care about them too.

I'm not sure about wingamestore by the way, I researched them a bit, traditionally a Mac-only reseller. But the website does appear legit however I would need definite approval from Paradox on this one to add it to the list.

Last edited:
Can you explain, like I said, all game keys cake instantly. Why are they not legit, how do they get the keys?
Sometimes they are reselling stolen keys, either bought by fraudulent means from us or other legit sellers, or skimmed from hard copies.

Such keys are likely to be revoked at some point.

Hi guys! Super new, here. I hope this is the right place to ask. If I buy a game directly from the Paradox Store, will I get a download code or a physical copy? I'm a tad confused on that, as I've never bought a game from Paradox's website directly. Thanks in advance!!