• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EUG_PapaYankee

Second Lieutenant
19 Badges
Mar 2, 2017
  • Magicka
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
59db582aa2ddf7d1c92d9aa913a3d1b76689d82c.jpg

We are proud to announce the second major DLC for Steel Division: Normandy 44, Back to Hell, featuring 7 new historical missions, 4 new divisions, and 2 exclusive aces.

7 historical missions, including 5 in cooperative play: fight historically accurate battles, such as the Operation Deadstick, Operation Windsor, or Operation Bluecoat in this new set of missions designed to reproduce actual situations and order of battles on the eve of major operations. Play as the leader of one of the 11 never-seen before divisions (such as the legendary "Big Red One" - 1st (US) Infantry Division or the 1. SS-Panzerdivision "LSSAH"), and sync your actions with you allies' complementary divisions to win the battle. Every new mission will come with its own achievement.

5c92959e2c103d9b151483c80cc644589f35ea68.jpg

4 new divisions, playable in solo & multiplayer skirmish:
  • 7th Armoured Division "Desert Rats"
  • Demi-Brigade SAS
  • 2. Panzerdivision
  • Festungs Gross-Paris
5802db16270e0d9910e876022eb5d42ccd7e731b.jpg

58 new units, including the famous Westland Lysander aircraft, the le.FH 16 field howitzer, the Dewoitine D.520 fighter aircraft, the Panzer IB light tank, and the 75mm SP Autocar... Use the new remote-controlled demolition vehicle Borgward IV to blow up your enemy infantry & light vehicles.

1a03f7bb1faf62fdb071e21e2c11a323dcb52df2.jpg

2 exclusive Ace models: Major Horst Rämsch and his Panzer IV, & the famous Major Howard, one of the first allied officer to set foot in Normandy during the Operation Overlord.

WATCH THE TRAILER HERE!

Back to Hell will be available on February 13th. In the meantime, keep an eye on our blog for all the details on the historical missions & the new divisions!

d29c015abedcfb744a9265a21245197601eef63f.jpg

Also... THE FREE COOP MISSION PACK IS COMING!
As announced in the Content Roadmap, Back to Hell will be synchronised with the release of the free coop mission pack for Steel Division: Normandy 44.

Part of a new update for the game, this pack will include the "Operation Atlantic" historical battle, playable in 2v2, and featuring, for the first time, the 11th Armoured Division, alongside the well-known 3rd Canadian Infantry, facing the 16. Luftwaffen-Felddivision & the 21. Panzerdivision. Like the other historical missions, Operation Atlantic comes with a new unlockable achievement. You know... for the "sense of pride and accomplishment".

56692e4276951961d5a7975684c7414ac9912eae.jpg

Stay tuned for more info!

Okay, no idea what Demi-Brigade SAS or Festungs Gross-Paris are actually (but I have rough idea) so this is gonna be interesting.

Althought I think Festungs Gross-Paris is basically meant to represent the various police units that Germans used to make improvised Sperrvebands (blocking groups) in and out of Paris area to stall allied advance.

And Demi-Brigade SAS, well FFI marking have something to do with that.

7 historical missions, including 5 in cooperative play

Does it mean 2 of these historical missions will be solo only and the 5 other ones will be solo coop or multiplayer ?
(as said here https://www.paradoxplaza.com/steel-..._sd_forum_all_20170118_ann&utm_content=banner)
Meaning we will be able to use a part of these 11 new divisions in multiplayer through each one of these 5 scenarii ?

On another note, will any change on previous decks come with the DLC ? And have you any plans regarding the distant future on any kind of new multiplayer map (10vs10, teamplay, 1vs1) ?

Okay, no idea what Demi-Brigade SAS or Festungs Gross-Paris are actually (but I have rough idea) so this is gonna be interesting.
They are quite ... unusual units, indeed. But real. ;)

I think Festungs Gross-Paris is basically meant to represent the various police units that Germans used to make improvised Sperrvebands (blocking groups) in and out of Paris area to stall allied advance.
Indeed, but if police/security/ad hoc units formed most of the garrison, they were all that was under von Choltitz's command to make sure that the city didn't fall to the Allies, or only as a pile of ashes. If you look at the newsreel of the battle of Paris, you'll se some Tigers or Panthers, and a lot of other stuff commandeered from crack units retreating from Normandy.

Hence you'll get a patchwork of a little bit of everything, from best to ... well, definitively not most modern frontline units. :)

FFI and the Demi-Brigade SAS are two different things ... although they ended up fighting side by side.

Althought I think Festungs Gross-Paris is basically meant to represent the various police units that Germans used to make improvised Sperrvebands (blocking groups) in and out of Paris area to stall allied advance.

Perhaps they're talking about the 325th Sicherungs/Security Division

They are quite ... unusual units, indeed. But real. ;)

Indeed, but if police/security/ad hoc units formed most of the garrison, they were all that was under von Choltitz's command to make sure that the city didn't fall to the Allies, or only as a pile of ashes. If you look at the newsreel of the battle of Paris, you'll se some Tigers or Panthers, and a lot of other stuff commandeered from crack units retreating from Normandy.
Hence you'll get a patchwork of a little bit of definitively not most modern frontline units. :)

So you're not using the 325. Sicherungs-Divisionen?

Awesome news! I guess the 15 Euro pricing is for the added singleplayer missions as well which don't interest me as much but I am thankfull to see more content being produced for this very good game.

Probably for the new singleplayer modes too.
Dont wanna spoil the hype for true fans,but 15 euro is the price of "half game",if they added 5-10 new maps that would be another story.

Its a good idea to realise content for the single players who dont touch online since there are tons of them out there,but that could be a specially designed DLC and another one with pay to win divisions later.

I'm very excited for the new content! I really support this game and paradox so $15 isn't a big deal. One question I do have, is a balance patch coming as well? And in that balance patch, will we be able to go through hedgegrows and see a tweak to crit system?

Here is list of new units
7th Armoured Division ""Desert Rats""
Staghound
Wasp Mk.IIC
Stuart V
Bofors portee
Mitchell II
Cromwell III
Cromwell V KRIH
Abbot of Chantry
Desert Rats
75mm SP Autocar
M3 Mosquito PR.XV
Demi-Brigade SAS
FFI Traction
FFI Side-car
FFI Panhard
FFI Panzer III H
FFI Panzer IV H
FFI Jagdpanzer IV
FFI SdKfz 250/1
Jeep SAS
Westland Lysander
Citroën Hotchkiss
FFI Hotchkiss 13,2mm
FFI Ralliés
Chasseurs-Parachutistes SAS
Groupe FM SAS
PIAT SAS
Mortier 3-inch SAS
Sniper SAS
Leader SAS
Scout SAS
Jedburg
DMA Logistique
2. Panzerdivision
Fw 190-A4/U4
Maultier Mun
Borgward IV
Beo.Panzer II C
Ju-88S SD2
Fw-190A-8/R-1
Aufk.Panzer IV J
Aufk.Panther D
Sturmgrenadier
Sturmführer
Festung Gross-Paris
Panhard MG
Panzer I B
R40
Flak M.36(f)
Flak 39(f)
D520
Bef.BMW R.75
Strafgruppe
Feldgendarmerie
ROA
KM Marineinfanterie
KM Führer
Landesschützen
Lehr-Pionier
le.FH 16

As you can see one more WG cancer like normal tanks with good optics returned. Hooray...

Last edited by a moderator:
15$? Ok. But mb you guys balance 1v1 before. I mean 4AD and 2nd just steamroll any german division for a month and u doing only paying content. What about new crit system? Mb u fix it before making new content?