• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The end of colonial empires? Surely you mean the end of the Allied colonial empires.

Thank you for joining!
If you don't mind, I have 2 questions since you have read everything in a short period of time and that you have fresh eyes on this:
-Have you noticed broken links?
-Have you noticed a loss of continuity/style in this AAR, independently of the few graphic improvements that I have introduced on purpose?
Thanks!

Also did you count how many times we ask Lucifer what his relations with Finland were?

"If the invasion of India fails," Hmmm, sounds like there's some inexcusable pessimism in the OKW. This is the time for boundless optimism!
That's... true. On this one, I was... weak :(

I haven't seen any issues with links, but as I've only clicked the links that went to the next page, I haven't tested them all. As for continuity,
it's a bit disorienting how you switch from front to front in each post (e.g. Eastern to atlantic), and I lost track of what was happening in each front and
it became hard to get a clear picture on what was happening in the east, especially. Hope this helps!
Thank you, then this means that no links are broken.
I decided to switch from the Eastern front to all the others so that it would be easier to follow what is happening, at least in my opinion. Each update now covers 2 or 3 days. Also, they alternate in order to avoid visible gaps between the 2 fronts. Personally, I think that it is easier to follow that way, but I am the writer, and a reader could have a different perspective. If other people express the same view, then I will create a poll so that the readers will be able to express their preferences.

Despite the far flung front lines going on there has been a significant lack of boat-on-boat action. Did you completely cripple the Royal Navy with NAVs?
Also where is the US fleet. All we have seen of it is a handful of cruisers and destroyers.
The Royal Navy is mostly dead. As far as I remember, it has been gutted following 2 surface engagements off the coast of Norway (Germany lost its 2 SHBB too :() and another series of surface and air-sea engagements in the Madeiran Plains. German NAVs took another heavy toll when Germany closed the Mediterranean coffin. After that, NAVs (mostly) cleaned most of the seas of the British remnants.
I don't know where the US Navy is located. I have not seen a single CV, and perhaps only one BB. I imagine that they are in the Pacific, but I have no other information.

The end of colonial empires? Surely you mean the end of the Allied colonial empires.
Yawol, Herr Faeelin!! (Clapping of the heels)

Also did you count how many times we ask Lucifer what his relations with Finland were?
What a smart way to ask without asking :rolleyes:
Answer: -44
Question asked: +1

HjrYKCC.jpg

Last edited:
So, what's the plan for when you have a second soviet front to deal with in Central Asia? Surely you plan to hold the smallest line possible no?

Well, the African front is about to close, and if he can finish off India quickly then that means he'll be linked up with Japan via Siam. Therefore, all these units that were fighting the allies can turn to the new Soviet front!

or invade Australia >.>
thanks for explaining the logistical issues that kept the most qualified units available from aiding the assault on the beaches, I was quite dismayed to read that.
damn the casualties on the beaches, 5000 dead in Karachi will mean nothing compared to 500k captured in Persia! though with how the Raj is faring, you might bag all of those even without skipping the lines via amphibious assault.

Alright, so Germania rules the waves. Are allied submarines a problem when it comes to supplying the African and Indian fronts?

Is the airsupport problem in India a matter of range, or number of planes available? The Maldives have runways so as long as you have planes available you should be able to atleast use TACs. Or is that out of range too?

Last edited:
That's a lot of questions! :)

So, what's the plan for when you have a second soviet front to deal with in Central Asia? Surely you plan to hold the smallest line possible no?

Well, the African front is about to close, and if he can finish off India quickly then that means he'll be linked up with Japan via Siam. Therefore, all these units that were fighting the allies can turn to the new Soviet front!

Duke is correct. If I can finish India the way I devised it, it means that the Raj will have almost no forces left when I will connect to the URSS via Persia. Then I will have 50 divisions (at 2/3 strength, mostly Italian), the equivalent of 35 full-strength divisions to deploy between the Caspian Sea and Afghanistan, between 1 mountainous and 1 desert provinces. I don't know better along the current Eastern front.
The plan after that? I don't know yet. USSR is a real pain, as you will see soon thanks to some graphics.

or invade Australia >.>
thanks for explaining the logistical issues that kept the most qualified units available from aiding the assault on the beaches, I was quite dismayed to read that.
damn the casualties on the beaches, 5000 dead in Karachi will mean nothing compared to 500k captured in Persia! though with how the Raj is faring, you might bag all of those even without skipping the lines via amphibious assault.
Yeah, Australia...
The problem is with Suez only. Anywhere else, I could board German troops in Italian transports, these ones being in harbors or in adjacent sea provinces. Once I realized the issue, most of the troops had already been embarked, and I didn't want to postpone the invasion any longer (mostly for gameplay reasons)

Alright, so Germania rules the waves. Are allied submarines a problem when it comes to supplying the African and Indian fronts?

Is the airsupport problem in India a matter of range, or number of planes available? The Maldives have runways so as long as you have planes available you should be able to atleast use TACs. Or is that out of range too?
I don't leave convoys active when they are not needed. And I have reported all the convoys losses on both sides. So you can see that the Allied SUBs are not an issue at all... except that I want them destroyed (a few ASW brigades will be deployed soon).

Regarding India and the German TACs, I had left 4 TACs and 4 NAVs in Lebanon for a few weeks, so they could reorganize, before moving them in Iraq. They are available, but too far from India (and there are enemy FTRs in Persia). I am going to anticipate a little, but before I just want to remind that this version doesn't allow to check the range between 2 provinces. So, after capturing the Maldives, I have rebased there a weak Egyptian INT just to check the range; the result is bad: from there, only the 4 closest Indian provinces could be reached with a German TAC (range, 900km)

Would it have been better, and is it still possible, to land in Nawabshah and try to attack Karach and Ahmedabad from the sides? They'll be out of supply, but would that be as bad as the amphibious landing malus?

Would it have been better, and is it still possible, to land in Nawabshah and try to attack Karach and Ahmedabad from the sides? They'll be out of supply, but would that be as bad as the amphibious landing malus?
I didn't want to land in Nawabshah for several reasons:
1-the province is farther from Afghanistan, and I want to cut Persia from India as fast as possible, to trap the Raj's units in Persia.
2-Nawabshah's garrison has left, and I don't want to attack an undefended province for game play trason. And also,...
3-with this version, all the units landing on an undefended province will land with 0 org.

I keep forgetting you're not on the latest version. Carry on, Field Marshal!

Is that airbase in southern Persia the last one in Persia? and would it not be excellent to capture and use to provide airsupport to the struggling India Corps?

Is that airbase in southern Persia the last one in Persia? and would it not be excellent to capture and use to provide airsupport to the struggling India Corps?
That's correct, that's the only one left (the only one actually).
But the province has no beach, I don't have any PAR available for airdrop in this area, and an invasion by land will require more than a month. In conclusion, there is no way that I could use it to support the invasion of India in time.

Holy nuggets, good job Speer! Will you bother with the Uboat Pens? Your subs are already masters of the Atlantic, so boosting them further seems unnecessary. Plus, you need to save up for those Wunderwaffen!