• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So was Sucker Punch in its entirely an April Fool's joke?

I don't know if I can trust Germany anymore!

Wait, people actually fell for it? I thought everyone was just playing it extremely straight.
I will only say "Nice try!"
That's what happens when you are at least 12 hours ahead of most of the world... the dates sometimes don't quite match up and it doesn't click!
I posted it first thing when I got up so that it would still be April 1st in Americas, Europe and Africa.
Therefore I guess that you are not in Lybia.
I'll admit, I fell for it. To be fair, "so crazy it could work" sums up most of your plans in this AAR so far. :p
That's actually the excuse that I was expecting :p
The truth is, I don't think that any of my plans are that crazy. They can be surprising at first (like claiming all of France) but they usually deliver great advantages (like the destruction of the Royal Navy in the Mediterranean Sea) and would not have been that impossible IRL.
Now, invading the USA that way, even if eventually possible in-game, would have been a "little" too irrelistic to fit in this AAR, where I limited myself to avoid exploiting the AI's weaknesses too much.
I fell for it too...:(
The prospect of a Germania in Brooklyn blinded me...
Such a vision... You are forgiven :p
Mouaf? Germans laugh Hahaha - that man must be a foreign spy! Seize him!
He was doing an April fool joke to the Fuehrer.
He has been seized and terminated.
So was Sucker Punch in its entirely an April Fool's joke?
I don't know if I can trust Germany anymore!
Not a joke at all, it will just take some time / updates to develop... and I still have to play the next days ingame. You may have noticed that the PanzerArmee is being redeployed to Athens.
"I don't know if I can trust Germany anymore!"? Please keep this one for April 1st, 2016 :p

A lone Italian boat with a crew of 7 bob in water off the shores of Newfoundland.

"Voluto che ci aveva detto"

A lone Italian boat with a crew of 7 bob in water off the shores of Newfoundland.
"Voluto che ci aveva detto"
"I wish they had told us" ? Told what?
You may have noticed that I used the news, with the probable discovery of a 2nd Viking site in Newfoundland :)

7fKrnqx.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Huh. Does Japan always underwhelm?

Not always, but most times :( I've actually seen an AI-driven Japan manage to puppet NatChi, then with the help of their considerable land forces take India, but the usual result is a stalemate (and it's even worse in vanilla HOI3, where Japan loses Manchuria by '37 in about 80% of the games I've seen, although the later add-ons and mods have dona a lot to help there.)
As for the UK - time for even tighter rations, I guess. Let's see them try to prepare an Overlord now ;).

Huh. Does Japan always underwhelm?
I can't make fascistics with only 2 games (not completed) with this mod.
As a rule of thumb, Japan's AI has trouble to fight on such a vast front, with the level of coordination required with such a different kind of units.

As for the UK - time for even tighter rations, I guess. Let's see them try to prepare an Overlord now ;).
They still have more than 2000 convoys after having inherited France. The rations are still copious.
Overlord... the Soviets will be in Berlin before it will happen. I don't know if I should :) or :mad:.

...It's been a while, but can they do anything if they have no oil? Doesn't that not affect infantry?

G'day Lucifer!

With the release of Hoi4 coming up soon, I decided to dust off DH and have a game to prepare me! Having little experience with DH (I played a lot of HoI2, and little or no HoI3) I decided to read an AAR or two to get a handle on things amd stumbled across this epic. It has taken me a week (on and off) of reading to catch up, but here I am :)

Just wanted to say thank you for all the work you've done on this AAR, I really appreciate it. And good luck moving forward.

Sorry it was a poor joke saying that though it was just a dream some how these poor Italians had managed to try to invade on their own.

...It's been a while, but can they do anything if they have no oil? Doesn't that not affect infantry?
If they don't receive oil from trade, they will still get enough oil from Siberia for the first 8 hours of a day. This will definitively hamper their ability to launch deep and threatening offensives, but this won't impact their infantry which will still be able to grind the German forces. On the other end, it should be easier for me now to refuse combats that I don't want to be dragged in. Also, I don't know how this will affects the VVS in the air after 8-10am; the oil shortage situation is entirely new for me, I have never seen it for my "enemies" in any game.
What I am sure of from when I play the 44-45 scenarios as Germany is that even with no oil to move, tanks are still very efficient in defense.

G'day Lucifer!
With the release of Hoi4 coming up soon, I decided to dust off DH and have a game to prepare me! Having little experience with DH (I played a lot of HoI2, and little or no HoI3) I decided to read an AAR or two to get a handle on things amd stumbled across this epic. It has taken me a week (on and off) of reading to catch up, but here I am :)
Just wanted to say thank you for all the work you've done on this AAR, I really appreciate it. And good luck moving forward.
Thank you Col, it is always nice having a new reader. Since this AAR is intended as a tutorial as well, I hope that you found some useful knowledge here.

Sorry it was a poor joke saying that though it was just a dream some how these poor Italians had managed to try to invade on their own.
:)

I didn't have time for new updates lately; they should resume soon though.

Their motorized and armored divisions will be really slow without oil, that's for sure. It'll make encircling more easier for you
That's for sure, unless the Soviets start piling INFs up as if they wanted to build a human wall. Anyway, winter is coming and I am done with any other thought of encirclements in 1941. I hope that this campaign will be decided in 42.

Are there not some really bad events that happen to the Germans in '42?

If i'm not mistaken, Lucifer will at least get Albert Speer beginning in '42/43, and Herr Speer has some awesome bonuses to industrial capacity and resource extraction, unless WiF2 nerfed the bonuses. So there is one bright shining hope for the future.
Milconning Italy is likely the turn-around in Africa that Germany needs to distract the Allies for at least up to '43, while Luci works the USSR into it's grave :D I am eternally optimistic of your chances.

Reactions:
Bad news + Germany in the same sentence after the beginning of Barbarossa in WiF2, that's almost a pleonasm :)

If i'm not mistaken, Lucifer will at least get Albert Speer beginning in '42/43, and Herr Speer has some awesome bonuses to industrial capacity and resource extraction, unless WiF2 nerfed the bonuses. So there is one bright shining hope for the future.
Milconning Italy is likely the turn-around in Africa that Germany needs to distract the Allies for at least up to '43, while Luci works the USSR into it's grave :D I am eternally optimistic of your chances.
You may be correct regarding Speer, but to be honest I have not played a DH campaign except this one for so long that I barely remember what I can specifically expect.
Otherwise, regarding your last comment, that's the spirit the Wehrmacht needs in these dire moments!