• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quickly move to secure the Red Strip (One) in north Persia and then let the Iranians capture the territory, so the Soviets cannot use it to reach you. Dealing with the Persians/British Indians is prefereable to the Reds.

Reactions:
Seems like a good time to try funding some rebels in the Raj.

These coincidences almost make the AI look... smart. The horror!
My thought, precisely!
@Lucifer:
Damn, just damn! :eek: But I mean, if you can deploy a sizable force on the southern end of the Alborz Range in a timely manner, I'm pretty sure you can mitigate most of the damage...probably.
I have no reserve left, and mitigating the damage only will result in losing the war. Not a pleasant outcome.
This could potentially spell disaster for you. During my time playing WIF2 the hard mod, when i had just started playing i came onto this situation right when i was about to conquer the Caucasus completely. Then, those bastard persians gave the soviets that little gap and suddenly my 15 mountaineer divs, all rested and about to push southeast, face off against maybe 40 soviet divs. I was forced to hold off an attack there and ground most of my forces due to the critical fuel situation i had, but after pushing hard against the belly of the beast their IC withered and i salvaged it. You, however, have less men, less ARM/MOT and the AI is a cheating bastard in this mod.
I sincerely hope you make it out of this, though i really like AAR's in which players lose.
I still hope that I will disappoint you, but you clearly have a good idea of what's happening. Thanks for the good wishes though.
Quickly move to secure the Red Strip (One) in north Persia and then let the Iranians capture the territory, so the Soviets cannot use it to reach you. Dealing with the Persians/British Indians is prefereable to the Reds.
Actually, I disagree on this one. I will have to face the Soviets anyway and they will just be stronger on the main front if they don't have to reinforce Caucasus... and I will still face the Persian and Indian forces. Better using the Soviets as a buffer between me and the Commonwealth. Even better, since I think that I am going to lose the Caucasus, I would like the Raj to occupy the Caucasus, depriving the Soviets from its oil, while keeping a buffer of Soviet-controlled province farther in the North.
Seems like a good time to try funding some rebels in the Raj.
Sure, the Reich has 5 RM in bank... :(
Lucifer could you upload the file that contains AI bonuses from your version? Would love to try it with the newest version. Masochist I am..
Sure, I can try and upload all the text files tonight, you will just have to locate what you are looking for.

nyGW9H7.jpg

Will Germany take the military control of Italy until this crisis is overcome? (if this ever happens)
The choice is yours!

"Agree" to this update, and Germany will assume the military control (still a chance to win)
"Respectfully disagree", and Germany won't assume the military control (grim outcome)
"Helpful", i.e. I don't care, or I don't even know who Mussolini is, etc.

This kind-of a poll will close this Wednesday 23rd night. After that, the game and the AAR will resume accordingly.

Update:
Please use the "Agree", "Respectfully disagree" and "Helpful" options at bottom of this update. It will be handy to count the votes automatically.
Any other kind of vote will be discarded.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Agreed. The war is not lost, and we must take what we can to ensure that it will never be lost.
Thank you.
Please use the "Agree", "Respectfully disagree" and "Helpful" options at bottom of the update. This will be handy to count the votes automatically.
Any other kind of vote will be discarded.
Thanks!

Agree. And I have to say, the way you imitate Wehrmachtsdeutsch perfectly is quite unsettling...
It is actually quite easy (even if time consuming) to write. I look for the Directives on Internet, used them as a template, and directly sprinkled some lines which are relevant to the situation.

Reactions:
Great AAR, and what a brutal mod. I thought my first TRP game was a beating but this.. oh man. Clicked agree, I want to see if you can pull it off, though managing Italy's far flung assets must be a chore in addition to managing that beast of an Eastern Front. :eek:

Mein Furher, I know not of this Musselini fellow, but will follow your orders into Hades itself if needed!

*PS I freaking hate taking Africa, so boring and slow.

Reactions:
It actually killed my last game in WIF2 as it was the only front of any real action in 1942 and I just couldn't be bothered.

"Agree" to this update, and Germany will assume the military control

Do you really have a choice whether or not you take control of the Italians? It's really your only chance of keeping the Allies out of the Levant, to say nothing of the Soviets.

Wait, you're invading England?

Thank you I appreciate it. And great update! ;)
As promised, here are all the events from this early version of the mod.
Good hunting!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=96403315832390390571

I will answer to the other comments tomorrow.
Thank you all for voting, so far it is working as expected in the Reich, with almost unanimity! (Yes, I have seen, there is some 5% dissent to root out; I will find something with this dangerous agitator once Abwehr will have located him)

Absolutely agree. I want to see how you manage this sudden change in the fate of the war.
So do I :oops:
Great AAR, and what a brutal mod. I thought my first TRP game was a beating but this.. oh man. Clicked agree, I want to see if you can pull it off, though managing Italy's far flung assets must be a chore in addition to managing that beast of an Eastern Front.
No, that's not really a chore. The real pain is when the Italian air force is overstacking German-controlled air bases, preventing German units from recovering their ORG. Or when I have to reboot the computer (or following a power outage) and Italian divisions stop moving forward to occupy empty provinces in Africa because their ORG is too low, resulting in Italy strategically redeploying better organized units around the empty provinces, repeating the process and having up to 10 units around an empty province :mad:
Mein Furher, I know not of this Musselini fellow, but will follow your orders into Hades itself if needed!
How nice of you! ::rolleyes:
Do you really have a choice whether or not you take control of the Italians? It's really your only chance of keeping the Allies out of the Levant, to say nothing of the Soviets.
I think (and I stress "think") that I could implement my plan without the help of the Italians, but I want to use them to clean once for all the pockets in Africa before using the "Germano-Italian military conference"
Wait, you're invading England?
Please refer to B. in the previous update. That's all you need to know...security stuff you know...:p