• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jiminy Cricket, 100 divisions. Are those some of the free divisions the Soviets get or did they actually earn that army?
They appeared in one day, they have to be some of the free divisions. And I thought I was done with them...

Aah reminds me of my AAR when the magical soviets with their goshdarned cloning vats just started equipping more and more conscripts. Beware their rhino tanks, they will bury you!
Hopefully they won't get more tanks. What I certainly don't want Stalin to receive are free INTs/FTRs. On this aspect, I think I am safe.

508 Divisions!?
Thats upwards of 7 million men given 13-16000 men per division depending on brigading and such.
I can understands wanting a challenging Barbarossa, but this is bordering on the ridiculous.
I am sure these are not men nor clones but old ladies and youngsters.
Also:
"Victory without risk is triumph without glory"

Are there events to give more MP to the SU left? Because between your dance with death and the unoly amount of press-ganging the soviets are doing I think they could be very well be bled white at some point

How many more of these free hundred divisions are there? Does it ever stop?

I can answer some of these:

@Giob, they dont get more MP, but the divisions they get are low cost, aka 0.1 IC cost. They still need to furbish the manpower cost. Draining the SU is a maddening idea, but it can happen and it can definitely be done.

@Faeelin, they will probably be getting more and more as time goes on. IC is the key factor here, manpower is secondary.

So because they have IC, they just keep spawning?

Sorry for the late reply, I wanted to create the material for the next update first.

Are there events to give more MP to the SU left? Because between your dance with death and the unoly amount of press-ganging the soviets are doing I think they could be very well be bled white at some point
SU has more than enough to replenish its losses in 42 and probably 43. Don't forget that some of these losses are just wounded soldiers.An error for me would be to try and reduce both its MP and IC at the same time, that's why targeting units costly to repair in term of ICs (ARMs & MOTs) is incidentally my best option (see that as the late war decision to target the German oil industry to cripple the entire economy)

How many more of these free hundred divisions are there? Does it ever stop?
If I remember correctly, the last and numerous lines of production are 0.1IC MIL, and I have met no MILs so far.

I can answer some of these:
@Giob, they dont get more MP, but the divisions they get are low cost, aka 0.1 IC cost. They still need to furbish the manpower cost. Draining the SU is a maddening idea, but it can happen and it can definitely be done.
@Faeelin, they will probably be getting more and more as time goes on. IC is the key factor here, manpower is secondary.​
I agree totally. I will add that reducing the Soviet available ICs and inflicting heavy losses have another effect. At the end, this leaves less ICs available for production. As the units at the top of the list have to be produced first, this means that the 0.1 IC units with a production speed of 0% will have to wait for units at the top of the list to be produced first.
So because they have IC, they just keep spawning?
I don't think that there are events to create new production lines but I may be wrong. And if there are, these new lines would be created at the bottom of the production queue. And I am sure that the SU has created a few expensive lines to replace its air force first. All this to say that I am not worried with infinite spawning. :D

Yep but then it increase tc and supply loads, and resplenishing unit can cost a lot if a lots of then are in needs of more troops
Replenishing INFs doesn't cost a lot to Germany, and even less to the SU. Other than that, yes.

pjcV3fx.jpg

Last edited:
Let's hope Hausser's eh, "optimism" isn't misplaced

Let's hope Hausser's eh, "optimism" isn't misplaced
I...hope...so!

Nice Update, however ith should be "Jawohl, mein Führer" not "Yawul Mein Führer"
Made me laugh and cringe a little as a native German.
At least, you noticed the 'mistake' of a supposedly German speaker who made a derisive comment regarding Intelligence officers and their need to go back to school while misspelling a word. It comes from a certain president who has the best words and who tweeted recently "Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!" This 'Easter egg' and its reward were more intended for native English speaker, but here you are and I couldn't held the fact that you are a native German against you, so here you are (for the 2nd time!!)...

At least, you noticed the 'mistake' of a supposedly German speaker who made a derisive comment regarding Intelligence officers and their need to go back to school while misspelling a word. It comes from a certain president who has the best words and who tweeted recently "Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!" This 'Easter egg' and its reward were more intended for native English speaker, but here you are and I couldn't held the fact that you are a native German against you, so here you are (for the 2nd time!!)...

Oh, nice. My very own Fallschirmjäger-Division. Love the ingame lore of honouring Operation Spannbeton. Have to have a look how long ago that was. I can't really believe I'm following this story for about 5 years now.

That was some carefully crafted easteregg, do you happen to speak german?

EDIT:
The aforementioned Operation "Spannbeton" can be seen here:
Begining:'AARchtung panzer!' II (WiF2)
Conclusion:'AARchtung panzer!' II (WiF2)
About 3 years ago... And for the sake of It, where are the guys that participated in it now(AFAIK the 32. Infantrie Division), perhaps they can have a toast with the Fallschirmjägers?

Last edited:
Oh, nice. My very own Fallschirmjäger-Division. Love the ingame lore of honouring Operation Spannbeton. Have to have a look how long ago that was. I can't really believe I'm following this story for about 5 years now.

That was some carefully crafted easteregg, do you happen to speak german?

EDIT:
The aforementioned Operation "Spannbeton" can be seen here:
Begining:'AARchtung panzer!' II (WiF2)
Conclusion:'AARchtung panzer!' II (WiF2)
About 3 years ago... And for the sake of It, where are the guys that participated in it now(AFAIK the 32. Infantrie Division), perhaps they can have a toast with the Fallschirmjägers?
Sorry for the late answer, I had to play the game first to prepare the next updates' material.
No, I don't speak anything else than a few words in German (I was born in Lorraine, France).

Regarding the 32. Infantry Division, I quickly went through a few updates and couldn't find what were her deeds. But "your" Fallschirmjägers won't have the occasion to have a toast with her before... the final victory (?) as she was sent to Tórshavn (Faroe Islands) a few months after the conclusion of operation Atlantis. The 32th was sent there to relieve the MAR which spearheaded the invasion of the island (this MAR was sent back to the continent to get ready for any future action where she would more suited, as it happened the invasion of India).

Huh, I never knew that production line text lied. Are they all similarly misleading?

it's less because he already have some bonus in percentage somewhere, that's why if you have a 10% reduction before the tech and the tech say you will save 30 days, at then end it's 30 day minus 10% so 27 days

Huh, I never knew that production line text lied. Are they all similarly misleading?
I don't know if this is a bug, due to the mod, and/or if this has been fixed in newer versions. But I kind of remember having reported this in a previous update.

it's less because he already have some bonus in percentage somewhere, that's why if you have a 10% reduction before the tech and the tech say you will save 30 days, at then end it's 30 day minus 10% so 27 days
None of my ministers give bonuses/maluses related to ARMs, if there are other extra bonuses/maluses they don't come from here.
Also, in your example it should be 30 days reduction plus a 10% bonus, which would result in 33 days reduction if I am not wrong :D

Let's rephrase it, the days bonus from this tech reduce the base time construction. Then politics, doctrines, minister and so on change it.
In your case I think your mob policies or hawk lobby already give bonuses

So let's say you need 100 days to build a tank, then you got 10% faster speed construction from hawk lobby, so you build a tank in 90 days.
Now you get assembly line tech which reduce the time construction by 30 but the 10% speed bonus affect the whole construction time so it takes you (100 - 30 ) *0.9 = 63 days

so in the end you reduce the amount by 27 days and not 30
(I hope it's more clear now, the gap come from speed construction time bonus which applies on lower number)

Last edited:
Thank you Vilcoyote!
I forgot about the policies (I am getting as old as this AAR apparently :D), and the numbers match your explanation.
Here are the numbers I have:

From the file:
# 1 - Improved Basic Armored Division (1941) (= ARM2 or Pz IV)
model = {
cost = 22
buildtime = 345

Here are the production time bonuses I have:
Policies:
-20% (Hawk)
-5% (Mobilization)
-5% (Free market)
Total: -30%

Ministers: none

Assembly line (production time -69 days)

Production time should be : (345-69)*(100%-30%) = 276*0.7 = 193 which is exactly what I have in the spreadsheet in the previous update. :)

dROdmb7.jpg