• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a practitioner, I'm sure. The one drawing pleasure from their own suffering is the masohist (after Leopold von Masoch, author of Venus in Furs), the one drawing pleasure from anothers suffering (and/or inflicting said suffering) is the sadist (after Marquis de Sade, natch').

So if I'm suffering few postings I'm the machohist?

Now, were are the Verfügungstruppenüberkommandantur?
?

What was the status of Finland joining the invasion?
I KNEW IT. I knew that somebody would ask once again about Finland. That's why, in the very first update since I resumed the AAR, I wrote that "If only Finland could react in favor of Germany... Current relationship is at -32 :(".
I thought about giving you a position in the East front. I have found much worse: German attaché to Helsinki. :D

No mobile reserves available anywhere in Northern France or the Lowcountries?
Still no planes for Graf Zepplin, research lagging behind due to focus on other things?
Nope, no reserve at all. On the other hand, the British navy has very few TPs left, and they could not really exploit any success.
That's correct, due to the difficulty level, German research is lagging behind.

Hmm, we are having a lot of people enjoying talking about pain and suffering here. How interesting! (What have I done starting this AAR?)
Joke:
The masochist to the sadistic: "Hit me, hit me!"
The sadistic's answer: "No, no, no..."
Technically since we're watching your suffering, you're a masochist, and we're sadists.

Your sure its not the other way around?

As a practitioner, I'm sure. The one drawing pleasure from their own suffering is the masohist (after Leopold von Masoch, author of Venus in Furs), the one drawing pleasure from anothers suffering (and/or inflicting said suffering) is the sadist (after Marquis de Sade, natch').

So if I'm suffering few postings I'm the machohist?

Do you enjoy said suffering?
(any more, and Salon Kitty will open up spontaneously in the AAR)

I learned something today about Salon Kitty.

h3IDoOM.jpg

Last edited:
At least you're making slow but steady progress in India. Once Iran is down, you can just hunker down in the mountains and watch the Soviets drive tanks into cliffs.

A belated welcome back! I just noticed. And what a blitz of posts.
Also... your atlantic coast is really lightly guarded. And barely any reserves.

Do you expect any more event-troops for Soviet AI? or do you just have to grind down what they have.

The Eastern war has only gone on for 8 months. At this rate HoI 4 might actually be a decent game by the time this AAR reaches Moscow.
Not unless they completely rebuild the engine and its resource mechanism (tanks consuming 0 oil to run), and rewrite its braindead AI from scratch.

Not unless they completely rebuild the engine and its resource mechanism (tanks consuming 0 oil to run), and rewrite its braindead AI from scratch.

To be fair, they are adding fuel in the next content patch.

How many Axis units are committed in persia? The image suggests over 50 but that may include some retreating Persian and Raj units. Should be enough to put down the Raj and then swing back to reinforce the front against the soviets. Endsieg is withing reach.

How much do you want to bet its going to be a stupidly simplistic system riddled with game breaking bugs that takes an addition two or three patches to sort out.

Oh it definitely will. Still, I'd rather have fuel than not.

(time to call the reserve army)
Aka the Steiner group :confused:

At least you're making slow but steady progress in India. Once Iran is down, you can just hunker down in the mountains and watch the Soviets drive tanks into cliffs.
Slow? Slow?? SLOW??? This is the essence of btitzkrieg. It couldn't be faster, with mobile forces using the best available roads in plains, with LW leaders, also with 2 ministers (including AH) giving 2x10% speed bonus, and supported by bombers. It LOOKS slow because of the pace of the updates :p

what about your TC, as your army cover 2.5 continent, it should be worrying?
The TC is a little overloaded, with only 90% efficiency, but better than the low point when it was around 75%. New GARs are being deployed to check unrest, and the massive redeployments are done. This should further improve when Deep Logistics organization (1940) will have been researched.

A belated welcome back! I just noticed. And what a blitz of posts.
Also... your atlantic coast is really lightly guarded. And barely any reserves.
Do you expect any more event-troops for Soviet AI? or do you just have to grind down what they have.
Welcome back to you as well!
The Allies no longer have the means to mount a successful invasion in western Europe, for now at least.
Yes, more waves of Soviet units should arrive. Either by event, either because they are 0.1 IC units which have not been completed yet, supposedly because SU has to allocate lots of resources to repair damaged units. Ideally, I would like to grind down what they have, but I don't think this will last.

How many Axis units are committed in persia? The image suggests over 50 but that may include some retreating Persian and Raj units. Should be enough to put down the Raj and then swing back to reinforce the front against the soviets. Endsieg is withing reach.
Most of the entire Italian army is now in Persia after having been removed from Africa. That's 42 of the 50 Axis units in Persia. The goal was to attract and fix as many enemy units as possible by deploying as many Axis units along the border, while the decisive blow would be delivered in India with less but more mobile and more powerful units. Kind of a variant of the attack against France. Later, the goal is to use this mass of INFs to fix Soviet units, but that's for later.

When will you annex Persia btw? What is their last VP?
As quoted in the last update, the last VP is in Gameroon, which should fell soon.

Is it possible to starve the Red Army of fuel?
You are close to conquer the Caucasian Oil field, the Iranian corridor is already blocked, Archangelsk yours and Vladivostok belaguered by subs - their oil supply should be drastically hampered?

You are close to conquer the Caucasian Oil field, the Iranian corridor is already blocked, Archangelsk yours and Vladivostok belaguered by subs - their oil supply should be drastically hampered?

Lets hope it is possible. It would not surprise me if American Liberty ships are conducting daring blockade runs into Vladivostok.

Last edited:
All of this has already been approached in previous updates, but it was a year ago IRL, so a good refreshing is a good idea. :D
Drying Soviet access to oil is the goal.
Caucasus is already controlled by Germany, but Kazakhstan and its 30 oil is out of reach for now.
The Soviet army is heavily motorized now and was using up its oil reserves very quickly. Stavka's reserve dropped constantly until it plateaued to around 10k. With Murmansk captured, it has been supposed that USSR could only get its oil through Persia, or from the USA via Vladivostok (unless it is via events). Persia joining the Allies and giving access to the 60-division strong Raj's army has been both a major threat and a possible opportunity: a threat as such an army could have easily pushed the Axis back to Suez and threatened the Caucasus from the South; an opportunity if India could be defeated as Germany would gain access to ports close enough for the U-boats to reach Vladivostok and possibly lower trade efficiency between USSR and USA.
Preparing an offensive against India was a huge gambit. Operationally, let see it as a repeat of the German offensive against France. First, it required a strong enough army attacking along the Iraqi-Persian border to lure as many enemy troops as possible (i.e. the attack against Belgium and Netherlands). Second, OKH needed strong and mobile forces to cut through the hinge and bag the enemy fighting along the border (i.e. the breakthrough in the Bulge). Getting troops for the first part was quite easy; Italian INFs in Africa had just been freed, and they initially gathered and recovered in Egypt. Italian forces were not adapted to the second part, and OKH had to remove several PzDs and MOTs from the East front and regroup them in Greece, while the Soviets were attacking en force. Logistically, this has been a nightmare as all these movements were millimetered so that everything would be ready on time (I won't even talk about the naval deployments). One thing which was helpful was that I had built several airbases in Iraq, just in case.
Lets hope it is possible. It would not surprise me if American Liberty ships are conducting daring blockade runs into Vladivostok.
It has to be done via trade, which makes me wonder why Japan is not reducing its efficiency :(