• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GurenGaaze

Pope
84 Badges
Jul 17, 2010
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Introduction
Imperator:Rome v.1.3.2
The goal of these "A Suggestion for Improvement" series, is to make fast and easy changes to greatly improve the game.
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Military & War
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Management
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Diplomacy & View
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Mission UI

This thread will be updated if a major suggestion comes to mind either from me or from anyone else.
This thread will be discontinued and make a new thread whenever a new version comes.

This only contains photoshopped images of suggestions to improve visibility.

This suggestion is a little influenced by some clever design choices from the "1.3 Better UI" mod.

Nation Overview
If controlling a major Empire (Great Power) then categorize every provinces into Regions so it is easier to find the one you want.
Ideas
Have all available ideas to choose between be on the left side.

Government - Offices
Government & Jobs Done.png

Show all your great families names/colours. And show how many have a job vs required. Would help in decrease the amount of time you use clicking back and forth from the great families view when assigning people jobs.

I also think removing the icon for “Statesmanship” is better off removed. This way I have done (Or the previously mentioned mod) is much cleaner. Just let what the Icon explained be explained on the bar instead. The same goes for Loyalty. Show if its going up or down.
The gradually filling bar is showing what that want to do perfectly alone. It only adds confusion

In the Assign Job screen, if there is a great family that is scorned it will show at the top. (Not photoshopped into the image)
Add an icon to single out great families when assigning any Jobs.
Show the current holder of the office.

Technology
This needs to become better at showing the skills of your office holders. While also taking most of what I have mentioned here into play.
Decisions
Add a button to hide decisions that are not wanted to see (As popups)

Provinces
1. Let there be an option in province view to release a vassal instead of having to go into the Nation Overview - finding the provins and release it. Additionally let me add/sell more provinces into this new puppet state if I so chose, instead of selling every city to it manually.
2. Let me build in a city/province even if disloyal - at the cost of Tyranny and/or happiness.
3. Let governors who want to use their own money use it to develop the province - in favour of earning more money/popularity for themselves. (Don’t let them construct forts. That should be the state responsibility only) Maybe get less money from that province if it is building to balance it out a little or something.

Map
If not to discuss new mapmodes, then it only needs the option to either add a button to add a second row (like it was before) OR improve it further to allow EUIV mapmodes switch - meaning you can have 2-3 customized mapmodes on your 1 row.
Trade
Add a button to remove spamming trade offers for a certain trade good from a certain province (Capital)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Co-Consul needs to be even more relevant.
- Needs more government positions. With a large Empire, it's impossible to train everyone up to become a decent governor in time. Its probably ahistorical, but just having 2 researchers for each category would help massively. Or let a Governor take a Ward to train that young lad become a decent Politician.