A new patch with Tunnles later this week!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ggjono

First Lieutenant
14 Badges
Apr 5, 2013
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
https://www.facebook.com/CitiesGame...9816145860771/465789683596749/?type=1&theater So I've just seen this post. If you can't access it then it says:

"Coming to you later this week...

Also, a little sneak peek on the update notes:

"Asset editor: Added the ability to set custom thumbnails and tooltip images for all types of assets (in the save panel)"

And we then have some fantastic eye candy to go with it :D
11220120_465789683596749_3443250471452415209_n.jpg

Reactions:
Here is a link to an HD version to be analyzed in better details:
http://i.imgur.com/SKgCjgk.png

Apparently, this is a crossing between two avenues. So we don't see here 2 tunnels but a single avenue tunnel which is separated in half by a wall in the middle. Why not, that makes sense. Apparently there are lights in tunnels (vertical neons), but they are not lit, the angle doesn't let us see enough to judge this definitly.

I like the fact that tunnel ramps to reach ground level have walls on the sides. That's something which was missing in the CIM games. There's necessarily a view (maybe the public transport view or the trafic view) to actually see tunnels path and build them. It would be interesting to know more about it. I would also be interested to know if tunnels could be built on multiple levels (as for bridges) or if it's not the case (as for metro).

Here is a link to an HD version to be analyzed in better details:
http://i.imgur.com/SKgCjgk.png

Apparently, this is a crossing between two avenues. So we don't see here 2 tunnels but a single avenue tunnel which is separated in half by a wall in the middle. Why not, that makes sense. Apparently there are lights in tunnels (vertical neons), but they are not lit, the angle doesn't let us see enough to judge this definitly.

I like the fact that tunnel ramps to reach ground level have walls on the sides. That's something which was missing in the CIM games. There's necessarily a view (maybe the public transport view or the trafic view) to actually see tunnels path and build them. It would be interesting to know more about it. I would also be interested to know if tunnels could be built on multiple levels (as for bridges) or if it's not the case (as for metro).

There's a tiny change coming for the metro as you will be able to adjust the level of the tunnels underground, just like the tunnels ;)

Reactions:
I just popped in to mention that I've been testing the tunnels and they are absolutely awesome, I hope you will like them as much as I do! I've been mostly building underground roundabouts today ;D

I think an underground roundabout deserves a picture, and no I don't mean of the ground! :)

Reactions:
It would have been nice to make a screen where you can actually see the tunnel, not only a tiny bit on the corner... yeah, it´s me again. What is visible looks OK, although I don´t know where any "neons" are supposed to be, that´s simply texture. Is there any actual illumination? I guess we can make some colour variations ourtselves. I also hope we can adjust the slope because that looks way to steep.
Way more important would be that they work okay and they don´t create any collison errors. I´ll take that as a given.

Oooooh.... nearly forgot: Since you didn´t mention anything about W2W buildings I guess they won´t come with this patch? If at all that is...