Stellaris: Horizon Signal - available now!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
horizon_stellaris_release_20161205.png

Horizon Signal Update For Stellaris Adds New Mysteries
Paradox SciFi Sim Gets Free Boost From Renowned Game Writer

STOCKHOLM - 05 December 2016 - A new and rich storyline has been added to the already deep well of events and occurrences in Stellaris, the hit grand strategy space epic from Paradox Development Studios. A signal in distant space is calling out to your empire. What does this entity want, and how does it know who you are?

Horizon Signal is written by Alexis Kennedy, a British writer best known for his work at Failbetter Games, which he co-founded. His writing for Sunless Sea and Fallen London has been widely acclaimed, and now he is scribing new stories for Stellaris.

This story update is free for all Stellaris owners and highlights one of the great strengths of the game – its ability to tell stories that entertain and entrance without distracting you from the core strategic gameplay.

Horizon Signal is available now.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/stellaris

FAQ
How do I get this new content?
- Just make sure that you are online on Steam and it should be automatically added. You can check the DLC tab in the launcher to make sure.

Will the Horizon Signal content be available in already started games, or do I need to start a new game to access it?
- Even if you are playing a save that was started before the release of Horizon Signal, the event chain can still occur in your game.

What exactly is the new content?
- It's a somewhat rare event chain that can potentially be triggered at any time in your game.

I can't see Horizon Signal in my DLC list, neither in the launcher or Steam
- Restart Steam by exiting properly and starting it again.

Earlier today we also released Update 1.4 Kennedy. To read the entire changelog go here!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Sunless sea was my favorite go-to with a bottle of nice red... pretended I was drinking mushroom wine haha

Shroom Alcohol, the favourite of post-apocalyptic Russians and underground Londoners.

Reactions:
Reactions:
I have an almost unhealthy love affair with the Fallen London universe, so more delicious words from everyone's favorite tiger get me dangerously excited. No offense to Paradox's in-house talent, but if Alexis' past work is anything to go by this will be hands down one of my favorite stories in the entire game.

Reactions:
I have an almost unhealthy love affair with the Fallen London universe, so more delicious words from everyone's favorite tiger get me dangerously excited. No offense to Paradox's in-house talent, but if Alexis' past work is anything to go by this will be hands down one of my favorite stories in the entire game.

I wish this forum allowed me to agree many times over :)

Reactions: