EUIV: Rights of Man Content Pack Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Carlberg

Lead Environment Artist - CKIII
Paradox Staff
40 Badges
Oct 17, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Paradox Order
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV
The drums of war thunder again and another content pack comes over the horizon, I'm here to introduce you to the new troops under your command.

German Princes (Tier 1 & 3)
First off we have the German Princes, more uniforms and troops for the armies of the glorious Holy Roman Empire. From the end of the late middle ages to the uniforms of the 17th century there's a plethora of nations covered, large and small but all with potential.
UpPjESe.jpg

kv6HI8A.jpg

YdDbGPW.jpg

West African Unit Pack (Tier 1-4)
I think we can all agree it's great that it's finally time to drop the loincloths and finally get some more historical units to the West African region. A region that had felt the influence of Islam in the north during the middle ages and now stands up against the more deeply rooted animist faiths of the south.
3mhHtAd.jpg

Ci9ZTBH.jpg

5dA2uY0.jpg

CM7axrc.jpg

Reactions:
The unit's are quite good looking this time; especially the tier 2 West Africans.

I'm certainly going to grab this pack.

And the Prussian units showed in the preview pics; Evangelical Majors will be out for RoM as well? :)

Reactions:
Hausa looks bad ass. Am I missing something though? Do we already have tier 4 German units and I forgot? Or did you not have time to make them/ saving them for the next DLC which will be late game(Napoleonic) based?

The models are looking good, and I'll probably buy the pack at launch. A few thoughts:
- I guess the reasoning for no tier 4 units for the German princes is that they wouldn't be likely to be around by the late game?
- Since Hausa doesn't even exist at the 1444 date, I hope the three minors with Hausan culture get those models as well.
- This is going to sound a bit salty, but I wish the faces of the East African unit models (from Mare Nostrum content pack) had the same same attention put to them as the West Africans here. Many users didn't find them very accurate as I recall.
- Still perhaps a bit salty, but it's funny that both German and Italian minors now have models, yet a unified Germany or Italy does not (unless I'm sorely mistaken). No bigger fish to fry?

Reactions:
Hausa looks bad ass. Am I missing something though? Do we already have tier 4 German units and I forgot? Or did you not have time to make them/ saving them for the next DLC which will be late game(Napoleonic) based?
Well... it does say part 1 out of 3.... my guess would that there will another showcase for the rest of them

- I guess the reasoning for no tier 4 units for the German princes is that they wouldn't be likely to be around by the late game?
Not the reason, but this unit pack focused on tier 1 & 3, tier 2 have already been covered in an earlier content pack.

- This is going to sound a bit salty, but I wish the faces of the East African unit models (from Mare Nostrum content pack) had the same same attention put to them as the West Africans here. Many users didn't find them very accurate as I recall.
I think there were some alterations made to those after release due to that feedback, at least around the Ethiopian and Somalian units areas I believe?

- Since Hausa doesn't even exist at the 1444 date, I hope the three minors with Hausan culture get those models as well.
That is indeed the case, all the Hausan cultured nations, and Hausa itself if formed, will use this set of units. We've gone through the cultures that are shared to fill the map a bit more with the units. So Mali will for example share its units with Jolof and Jenné.

Also, we've made sure that dynamic coloring is in full use among the units.

Reactions:
I think there were some alterations made to those after release due to that feedback, at least around the Ethiopian and Somalian units areas I believe?
I thought the alterations were made to the Maghrebi countries of North Africa. I just checked in game, and at least Ethiopian and Somali units looked as they did in the preview pictures, unless there have been some fairly subtle changes.

That is indeed the case, all the Hausan cultured nations, and Hausa itself if formed, will use this set of units. We've gone through the cultures that are shared to fill the map a bit more with the units. So Mali will for example share its units with Jolof and Jenné.
That is good to hear. Kudos!

The units are amazing, especially the Africans, but I'm not sure why the team is so insistent on them using old gun models.

Will you guys eventually do tiers 2-4 for North American natives? Can't have Hiawatha's descendants fighting without proper uniforms, now.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It's nice to get the German princes but what about Prussia?

Well they can't do it as long as they're in the empire and aren't an elector.
Yeah that part of the HRE mechanics don't work particularly well. The emperor only ever gives electorates to theocracy OPMs.

Reactions:
I thought the alterations were made to the Maghrebi countries of North Africa. I just checked in game, and at least Ethiopian and Somali units looked as they did in the preview pictures, unless there have been some fairly subtle changes.
I'll see if I can take a look at that, might be me confusing the changes.

I wish more Wesphalian minors were succesfull in forming Hannover
Good news is that the Hannover units is also shared with Brunswick, so that they will also be available before Hannover's creation.

Reactions:

If i recall correctly, the skin tone of North Africans was fixed. Also, Swahili and Somalian units were extended to cover all the minor states. Unfortunately, this dindn't happen with the Ethiopians.

Also, we've made sure that dynamic coloring is in full use among the units.

That's great. I've always thought these kind of unit packs should stretch to a wider range, like by culture or region.

Reactions: