• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And we're back from our summer vacation! Only to skip the word next week because I will be in Cologne for Gamescom with Karoliina, our game designer. It's going to be epic and there will be an announcement made on Thursday the 18th. I honestly can't wait! Therefore this week the team and I are working hard to have everything ready for the event, basically continuing from what we left off with before the vacation.

The vacation was great and we actually managed to have nice and warm weather here in Finland for a change. Having four weeks off gave us plenty of time to relax and gather energy for the rest of the year. The best thing with long vacation is that you really start to look forward to getting back to work so it's great for motivation. I do believe there needs to be a balance with work and freetime, you know, to get the best out of your employees. Happy dev is a productive dev!

IMG-20160808-WA0002.jpg

We ate a cake on Monday, cause that is kind of what we do here :D

How was your summer vacation? (Given that you live on the Northern Hemisphere and in a country that has annual holidays, like Finland does.) I closed all notifications on my phone, tried not to read any emails and went to a couple of festivals. The highlight of the summer for me was definitely seeing Helloween play at the John Smith Rock Festival in Central Finland. Otherwise I pretty much spent my vacation doing nothing as our horses also enjoyed a couple of weeks off training and competitions.

IMG_20160802_091018.jpg

Tilda and Alpo just horsing around.

All in all the team and I are very excited to be back at the office and continue to work on Cities: Skylines! Stay tuned for more updates this autumn and if any of you are at Gamescom next week, be sure to visit the Paradox booth!

Cheers,
Mariina

Welcome back. Super excited for the 18th. Cant wait and cant imagine whats coming!!!!!!

By the way, i will be in Gamescom next week. how is the announcement going to be, a public event or invitation only? Can you please throw some more light on it ?

Reactions:
How was your summer vacation? (Given that you live on the Northern Hemisphere and in a country that has annual holidays, like Finland does.) I closed all notifications on my phone, tried not to read any emails and went to a couple of festivals. The highlight of the summer for me was definitely seeing Helloween play at the John Smith Rock Festival in Central Finland. Otherwise I pretty much spent my vacation doing nothing as our horses also enjoyed a couple of weeks off training and competitions.

Welcome back Mariina! I'm afraid my 2-weeks-only vacation was way too short to be of any help with my mental health :D
How did Helloween play? Seen them in Milan way too many years ago (it was something like 1999 or 2000...)

Can't wait for your announcement next week! Like The-Eradicator, I'd also like a teaser :p

Welcome back! Nice to read your word of the week again.

Helloween? Does that mean we can have a Rock Festival DLC? like the soccer one? :)
Would look cool to have more events in the city.

I´m also very excited for the announcement!

Wish you all a good start at co!

oh no teaser for the announcement??? :( Welcome back, though :) We've been looking foreward to your return!
Thanks! And I know, I'm evil that way :(

Welcome back. Super excited for the 18th. Cant wait and cant imagine whats coming!!!!!!

By the way, i will be in Gamescom next week. how is the announcement going to be, a public event or invitation only? Can you please throw some more light on it ?

Imagine epic! And then be slightly disappointed when you hear what it is (I'm excellent at expectation management, don't you think?).
Keep an eye on Paradox to hear more about the announcement. I know I will be stuck in a box the entire event :D

Welcome back Mariina! I'm afraid my 2-weeks-only vacation was way too short to be of any help with my mental health :D
How did Helloween play? Seen them in Milan way too many years ago (it was something like 1999 or 2000...)

Can't wait for your announcement next week! Like The-Eradicator, I'd also like a teaser :p

Mental health is important to take care of, I'm happy you have at least the 2 weeks to relax :)
Helloween was AWESOME! I saw then in 2004 last and they were exactly as good as I remembered.

Welcome back! Good that you relaxed and all. Can't wait on Thor's day, 18th! :)

Thanks! I can't wait either!

Welcome back! Nice to read your word of the week again.

Helloween? Does that mean we can have a Rock Festival DLC? like the soccer one? :)
Would look cool to have more events in the city.

I´m also very excited for the announcement!

Wish you all a good start at co!

Haha, no rock festival DLCs planned at this time, yet it sounds kind of cool. Maybe we could even license some Helloween songs for it? That means I would meet the band, right? I'm loving this idea!

Reactions:
Stuck in a box? Hopefully you spend less time in the box than David Blaine did it in London and that no one throws burgers at you ;p

Reactions:
arghh!!

Why is gamescon sold out????

I already wanted to go to see and meet the Planet Coaster team (Frontier). Now that i know the Paradox team of my beloved Cities will be there as well i want to go even more!!
It would have been the perfect opportunity to meet both my favorite game developers!!

Reactions:
Stuck in a box? Hopefully you spend less time in the box than David Blaine did it in London and that no one throws burgers at you ;p

It's ok, it's only for the week and I like burgers :D

arghh!!

Why is gamescon sold out????

I already wanted to go to see and meet the Planet Coaster team (Frontier). Now that i know the Paradox team of my beloved Cities will be there as well i want to go even more!!
It would have been the perfect opportunity to meet both my favorite game developers!!

Well the Paradox team is there at the booth. Unfortunately Karoliina and I will be there just to talk to press and no fan meeting time :( So you don't have to feel so bad! :)

Reactions:
Glad you had a great holiday.

I think the picture of Tilda and Alpo just horsing around, is a not so cryptic clue.:cool:
Sooo... I'm going with Pony Simulator or Stable Manager as my guess for the new announcement.

Lets hope the rest of the team can talk you down again before next week :D

Reactions:
I would love to have you guys consider an update to the Unity engine for Cities: Skylines. THere is a TON of details about how this would make peoples lives much better here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ended-requiremens.842603/page-9#post-21698406

If I ask really nicely?

It is important for us to follow the updates of the Unity engine and we are often working with the latest version. This kind of big updates are released usually with expansions because they require proper testing :)

Reactions:
That's great news. If you want testers, let me know - I'm not far of getting a newer GPU with proper linux support - as right now my 6 year old card has problems....

This is exciting news though.....

Reactions:
Is the cake a hint? 112 is the number for emergency services (in Europe) You really need them if there is a disaster. Disasters would be classic!

Reactions: