• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last Friday we had an epic party at Pakkahuone in Tampere to celebrate the success of Cities: Skylines.
It was so much fun to meet with the Praise the Chirper contest winners Alex and Dmitry as well as plenty of friends and colleagues!

Here's the speech I gave at the party courtesy of Checkpoint TV.

And our art director Antti and artist Henkka really loved the photo booth:
Dudes.jpg

Check out those hats ;)

Now after all this partying we really need to get back to work to making something new for the game!

Cheers,
Mariina

Steam's forum has been by far, one of the busiest forums for Cities: Skylines out there. Sadly though, since Moo's departure, it has been neglected by both Paradox and Colossal Order and now we get posts like this where some players of a nervous disposition get a little worried through lack of attention...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/357286663678446982/

Reactions:
There are those who seem to have very little common sense or perspective on real life. Developing any creative project requires a great deal of time and effort. It also requires testing/refining to ensure that quality is assured. Too many millennials have the entitlement gene and expect instant gratification- devouring data/content with a voracious appetite. They also love a good conspiracy theory to fill any information vacum. Have you considered that if the devs spend all their time in the forums it doesn't leave much time to, well, develop? Be patient, CO have stated that they are committed to CSkylines for several more years in its current form and have a roadmap/strategy for future dlc/updates including an update later this year.

Reactions:
Steam's forum has been by far, one of the busiest forums for Cities: Skylines out there. Sadly though, since Moo's departure, it has been neglected by both Paradox and Colossal Order and now we get posts like this where some players of a nervous disposition get a little worried through lack of attention...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/357286663678446982/

We at Colossal Order focus only on the Paradox Forums as it is the channel for our communication with the community and agreed upon with the publisher. I also keep an eye on Reddit because it's fun. So us devs at Colossal will not have a presence on the Steam forums, but I will relay the message to Paradox that attention is required :)

Reactions:
We at Colossal Order focus only on the Paradox Forums as it is the channel for our communication with the community and agreed upon with the publisher. I also keep an eye on Reddit because it's fun. So us devs at Colossal will not have a presence on the Steam forums, but I will relay the message to Paradox that attention is required :)
I have over 3900 posts in the Steam forums since the game was released, since I help other players there a lot, on a daily basis and I'm not the only helpful member there. The turnover of players that visit the Steam forum has always been greater than here. This is naturally due to the fact that they run the game from the Steam app, their workshop is there and they are more likely to get a quicker response to any questions or issues there than they will here.
I come here now only because, TotalMoo has departed for warmer climes and poor Escher cannot maintain the presence that John did. As for Reddit, you might think it's fun, but I avoid it like the plague. It's an awful mess, more akin to text messaging than a discussion forum.
Anyhow... thanks for passing it on ;)

Reactions:
Agree Grapplehoeker. Steam Forum would appear to be the most sensible place for CO reps to monitor. The amount of traffic/posts is far greater than other forums. It would also be a wise move as CO could respond directly to some of the more outrageous posts and misinformation that appears regularly, nipping silly rumours in the bud and keeping the community informed of developments.

Agree Grapplehoeker. Steam Forum would appear to be the most sensible place for CO reps to monitor. The amount of traffic/posts is far greater than other forums. It would also be a wise move as CO could respond directly to some of the more outrageous posts and misinformation that appears regularly, nipping silly rumours in the bud and keeping the community informed of developments.

I'm afraid we really don't have the resources at Colossal for monitoring multiple forums and need to fully focus on developing the game further. So that's why we have a publisher and their community developers :)

Reactions:
I'm afraid we really don't have the resources at Colossal for monitoring multiple forums and need to fully focus on developing the game further. So that's why we have a publisher and their community developers :)
I completely understand and appreciate that. I'm also very appreciative for the time you are taking to respond here yourself, thank you.
It is interesting to note though, how long it is taking for any Paradox representative to respond to this topic in their own forum.