• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Everyone!

We got the proofread localization files and managed to fix some other bugs last week. QA also had the time to go through the patch and verified the fixes. This means the patch is going live today! See the full notes below.

The team continues their normal work this week, except for Karoliina who is attending Quo Vadis conference in Berlin as a speaker and on Thursday I will be attending the Finnish Game Awards where Cities: Skylines is nominated in two categories. It's rather exciting!

Just to be sure I ordered cakes for next week so we can either celebrate the win or drown our sorrow in delicious and unhealthy sweets. I think that's only fair, right?

Cheers,
Mariina

1.4.1-f2

• Fixed: Assets editor ignores vertex colours when a mesh is imported
  • Fixed: Buses can enter and exit bus stations located at highways with sound barriers
  • Fixed: Rocks, Trees, and Shrubs can clip through elevated roads and paths when terrain is elevated with Shift Tool
  • Fixed: Building a Cargo Hub also add weekly Train expenses
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Text: The default names of the Souvenir Shops have the word "Souvenirs" misspelled.
  • Fixed: Text overlap in New Game panel when using Polish language
  • Fixed: Text goes out of bounds in Load Game panel in several languages
  • Fixed: Road maintenance pickup has misplaced headlights
  • Fixed: Placing a Six-Lane Road to the edge of a Train Track cause it to clip through it
  • Fixed: Map Editor: Environment props could be sorted in different tabs.
  • Fixed: Asset Editor: UI: Map Editor Environment assets could be sorted in a different tab of the Building Asset Importer.
  • Fixed: custom water normalmap issue
  • Added newly proof read and fixed strings
  • Fixed: localization issues
  • Fixed: Hovering / floating cars going across map
  • Fixed: Changing elevated pedestrian path to ground level near elevated road causes visible path level issue
  • Improvement: Added confirmation window when unsubscribing Steam Workshop items from Content Manager

awesome little patch but still need to fix the AI when changing lanes

Unfortunately that is not something we will be focusing on I'm afraid.

Wait, we have shepherds for our fleets now?

Awesome!

Unfortunately the fix doesn't work in old saves where the cars already fly. It looks so weird though, reminds me of the landships :D

Last edited:
Reactions:
Why not? It doesn't have to be addressed right now but at some point I think it is something that would be really worth addressing

Sure it would be worth to look into at some point. However it will not happen in the next update or even the one after that. The traffic AI has been discussed multiple times and we have explained it works as intended and changing the behaviour has impact on the performance. Due to that reason we have estimated the workload for improving the traffic being so significant that it is not feasible for us to focus on it any time soon. Currently we are focusing on other things and maybe later in the future we will revisit the question. I really just don't want to give any false hope for a speedy change in the traffic AI as there is not going to be one. I'm not saying we ignore the issue, but we have chosen to prioritize other things over this one.

Thank you for fixing the water normal issue! :):):)

I was beginning to wish I had giant floating chess pieces lol

Haha :D I'm glad this helps you out!

Reactions:
You broke all my savegames again!! What is wrong with you people? I love Cities Skylines but every single patch ruins all my savegames and its starting to get REALLY REALLY TIRESOME.

Not CO broke your Game. Some of the mighty Mods broke your game. Chill out for a few days, most times it will be fixed. If the mod that caused the crash is abadoned, well, it's destiny. That's the risk when playing with mods.

Reactions:
Thanks!

But since the last patch I can't go back to main menu without the game crashing. Has that been fixed?

Is this the one where you can play the game while Steam is offline? Unfortunately we haven't been been able to reproduce it so there's no fix for it I'm afraid. It is likely to be caused by a mod, but we'll keep our eyes open if a solution could be found.

You broke all my savegames again!! What is wrong with you people? I love Cities Skylines but every single patch ruins all my savegames and its starting to get REALLY REALLY TIRESOME.

I'm afraid we don't want to stop updating the game. Please subscribe to mods that are updated to avoid such issues.

Btw are you already ordered cakes for Skylines Party? :D

Yes, there will be a very special cake for the party ;)

Reactions:
Unfortunately the fix doesn't work in old saves where the cars already fly. It looks so weird though, reminds me of the landships :D

It's not a bug, just the early stages of a scifi DLC! (A Cities of Tomorrow like DLC would be awesome. No one makes futuristic city builders, only medieval. And anno is not really a city builder...)

Reactions:
All my traffic disappeared. As in, there are no cars or other vehicles driving anywhere. Including hearses, police cars, ambulances and fire truck. There are a few vehicles parked at curbs, but other than that, nothing.

All my traffic disappeared. As in, there are no cars or other vehicles driving anywhere. Including hearses, police cars, ambulances and fire truck. There are a few vehicles parked at curbs, but other than that, nothing.

This happened to me too! Do you play with Traffic Manager: Presidential Edition? I enabled the "advanced AI" in the options and this got some traffic working again but it seema quite low. If you have this mod it might mean we need to wait for it to be updated.

Reactions: