Get A Free EU4 Unit Pack With Your PDX Account!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
UPDATE 5 - Guest Updater AndrewT!
This offer lapsed in February 2016 in favour of a CK2 DLC. That too has now lapsed as I write this.

Neither are available by any means any more, but may be made available by other means in the future.

UPDATE 4 - SOLUTIONS!
Greetings everyone,

The duplicate key issue should now be resolved. If you go into your Keys section on your account page you will now see the key for the free DLC. Some of you will see two keys (one being the duplicate one) and one you can use. If you cannot see a key there please logout, clear cache and log back in, this should refresh it properly.

If you are still not able to see the key after doing this please send me a PM and I will check with my tech team and have them investigate it further!
/TinyWiking

****UPDATE 3 - THIS BIG ISSUE!****
Greetings everyone,
Please note that we are aware of users getting "key in use" errors and are working on resolving it. HOWEVER THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME!

Please be patient and stay calm, everyone that is eligible for the free DLC will get it, you may just have to wait an unspecified amount of time. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this causes but we are doing our very best to sort it as soon as possible!

Finally, there is no need to contact support! The issue is under investigation and we will communicate when it is resolved.

Thank you for being awesome everyone!
/TinyWiking

***UPDATE 2 PLEASE READ***
Hi again! We've identified why the free DLC doesn't show in-game and a hotfix is in the work that should give you all the Catholic Majors Unit Pack (not the evangelical one, it was misnamed)!

Those of you who are still waiting for keys, please be patient. There's a lot of keys to send out and it might acctually take longer than 48 hours, right now we're looking at around maybe 72 hours to run through the entire database.

Those of you who get the error message of duplicate keys when you try to redeem it, please contact our support (link on forum front page sidebar).

Again, sorry for any inconvenience!

***UPDATE PLEASE READ***

As you may have noticed, there’s some issues with the free DLC not showing up in the game launcher. This might be due to a snafu (yes, that is the technical term) in our steam backend. We’re working on solving this issue but we can’t do so with skeleton crew we have on hand tonight. You WILL receive a free Unit Pack in the near future for merging your accounts, so no work done by you has been in vain. Keys will keep rolling out, and we’ll keep updating the main post when we got new info!

Thank you for reporting and for your patience! In the near future a tasty Free Unit Pack will be yours (which one is still a teensy bit unclear, but we’ll get it sorted)! We'll also include answers to the questions asked here (which tier are the units, what is actually in the patch, and we'll publish renders if we have them,. Nothing will happen tonight tough!)

Sorry for any inconvenience!
-----
Original Post:
Hi everyone!

It’s not the holidays yet but we decided to give all of you who’ve created and verified your Paradox Accounts a little something! Everyone who has a verified (that means you’ve confirmed your email address) Paradox account get’s a free unit pack for Europa Universalis IV, the Evangelical Majors.

I don’t have a Paradox Account but I want this! FREE STUFF! WOO!
No worries! Just create and verify your account and you’ll have it! Create a new account here: https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com

How do I Get the DLC in Game?
*Login to your account page (https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com)
*Go to the "Keys" tab
**If you have connected your Paradox Account to your Steam account, just click the relevant "Activate" button
**If not, then copy the key, and use the "Activate a Product on Steam" dialog in your Steam Client, in the Games drop-down menu
*Done!

Clarification Update: To get the DLC, you don't need to connect your Steam account to your Paradox Account, only to confirm your email address. When you do, the key will appear under the Keys tab, and you can then manually copy/paste it into the Steam client, if you don't want to connect your Steam account. It's just more convenient if you do :) (then you can just click activate straight in the Keys tab).

How do I know I have it in game?
Check your “Owned DLCs tab” in the EU4 Game Library on steam.

I’ve had a verified Paradox Account for ages but I haven’t gotten the DLC
We’re currently churning the codes out to a whole lot of accounts, so it might take up to 48 hours to get through them all. Please let 48 hours pass before contacting support.

I have a Paradox Account, how do I know it’s verified?
Log in to your account, and check under the “Settings” tab. You can also verify your email from there.

That steam connect thing sounds neat, how do I do that?
Log in to your account, and press the “Settings” tab and then selected “Steam Connect”

If I verify my email, will you send me sales offers and stuff?
Not if you don’t opt in to it under the “Subscriptions” tab. We will send you information about your account (purchases, login info, that sort of stuff), but you won’t get any newsletters or special offers unless you opt in to it.

What if I DO want newsletters and info about sales?
Then you log into your account, choose the subscription tab, and select which games you want to get updates about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Does this work for a free version of the 'Cossacks Content Pack'?

If so, it's not showing up in my list of Keys.

EDIT: never mind, it's there now, and I now understand it is a one-off pack. Thanks!

Last edited:
Cant i purchase this pack elsewhere if dont desire to connect my accouts? This all seems a wee bit invasive to me, i dont want my real email on the launcher....

Reactions:
I’ve had a verified Paradox Account for ages but I haven’t gotten the DLC
We’re currently churning the codes out to a whole lot of accounts, so it might take up to 48 hours to get through them all. Please let 48 hours pass before contacting support.
Ok, I'll wait.

Reactions:
To get the DLC, you don't need to connect your Steam account to your Paradox Account, only to confirm your email address.

When you do, the key will appear under the Keys tab, and you can then manually copy/paste it into the Steam client, if you don't want to connect your Steam account. It's just more convenient if you do :) (then you can just click activate straight in the Keys tab).

If you've already confirmed your account on a previous date, fear not, we're working hard to get the DLC to you! It will come within 48 hours.

Reactions:
Someday gift the Catholic? Spain need a Tier I

Reactions:
"If you've already confirmed your account on a previous date, fear not, we're working hard to get the DLC to you! It will come within 48 hours."

I`m so unlucky :( poor me

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.