EUIV: The Cossacks Content Pack Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Catalack

Imperator of Outsourcing PDS Dev
Paradox Staff
55 Badges
Feb 10, 2014
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • King Arthur II
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Dungeonland
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
A new expansion is upon us, and that also means new content and new unit packs! These packs contain units from the steppe people of the Eurasian hordes around the Black Sea and East Europe and we hope they will help add to the experience of playing with the hordes and their conquests.
For extra tasty flavor we've also added a European Cavalry Unit Pack, giving special cavalry troops to some of the major European Countries.
If there are any uncertainties or questions, please don't hesitate to bring them hitherward!

Black Sea Unit Pack
This pack contains troops for Zaporozhie, Crimea, Circassia and Theodoro. As usual our talented artists got to add a bit of flare to the provinces that ceased to exist before the later parts of the 18th century.
yvwjajW.jpg

uNEghgv.jpg

Great Hordes Unit Pack
No doubt longed for, the Great Hordes UP contains troops for the Timurids, Golden Horde, Nogai and Uzbek hordes.
gaOsRzN.jpg

ELgJXCe.jpg

European Cavalry Unit Pack
The Cavalry Pack contains cavalry units for England, France and Spain.

EuDh2Nt.jpg

a3uRv7U.jpg

4wSbCO6.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Okay, I get that it makes sense to give Zap. Their own units, but there better be an event chain that causes them to form at some point, you know, so we can actually see them.
Also, I'm a little salty that historical loser Nogai gets units instead of any of the Tengri hordes.

Reactions:
@Catalack Really nice unit models, especially the horde ones! Great work, I'll be sharing some of these unit models with the Asian steppe hordes as well.

I'm totally going to use the Theodoro unit models for BYZ instead of the Turkish ones from Purple Phoenix. Probably Trebizond as well.

And what about the Evangelic & Catholic Majors and European Cavalry?

Seeing how Jerusalem (Kingdom) doesn't use the Knights or Cyprus' pack I guess no.
What? Cyprus never had a pack and doesn't have unique unit models. You probably meant how Cyprus and KoJ don't use Knights' unit models? That was one of the first things I modded for that unit pack.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Stupid question, but Zaporozhie is what? I think I haven't seen that tag? Or am I just dumb?

They're a releasable nation in the south of Lithuania with 3 or 4 cores at the 1444 start. I believe they're independent in some later starts. They're relevant because they're the Cossacks.

Reactions:
I hope later we will have north american part 3 and 4 unit pack
They are still missing tier 2-3-4 for either cavalry and infantry :(

What about Major Catholic and Major Evangelical Unit Pack from arumba's stream?

And what about the Evangelic & Catholic Majors and European Cavalry?

These aren't part of the content pack, as they are a free perk related to the Paradox Accounts. However those renders are also coming up, probably some time tomorrow, so keep posted!

Reactions:
And now I really want to play as Zaporozhie. By the way, they all look awesome, great job!

They're a releasable nation in the south of Lithuania with 3 or 4 cores at the 1444 start. I believe they're independent in some later starts. They're relevant because they're the Cossacks.

Zaporozhie is just country of the Cossacks. Zaporozhie is vassal of PLC in middle game.

Curiosity, Cossacks were main infantry of PLC while Winged Hussars were cavalry.

Last edited:
Reactions:
These aren't part of the content pack, as they are a free perk related to the Paradox Accounts. However those renders are also coming up, probably some time tomorrow, so keep posted!

Does it mean they come for free?

Reactions: