Paradox Celebrates International Women’s Day With DLC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
EDIT: Feel free to discuss the content of the DLC but any complaints about "political correctness" etc will be considered trolling. We know there are a bunch of people with that opinion and we don't need to be reminded about it. We wanted to do this DLC anyway.

ForumWomen.jpg

Free EU4 Add-on Brings the Great Women of History

STOCKHOLM – The pages of history books are filled with the stories of great men – but also great women: artists, authors, councilors, and rulers. Would Tenochtitlan have fallen without the language skills of Malinche guiding Cortez? Had the reign of Edward IV not been cut short by illness, would England have still ruled the seas, deprived of the strong hand of Elizabeth I?

To mark International Women’s Day (March 8th) Paradox Development Studio has created a free update for Europa Universalis IV, adding 100 great women of history to the game. Each character can be generated through event triggers (a weak regency, a colonial empire, certain ideas, etc.). Players will then have choices about how to use this talented woman. Some may join your court as advisors, some might be suitable for riskier employment as rulers or leaders.

Thomas Johansson, the head of Paradox Development Studio, says that this DLC does something important for the company’s flagship title. "It's no surprise that the role of women in history isn't as well known as that of men,” Johansson says. “Europa Universalis, admittedly, hasn't done a lot to foreground their contributions. We thought that International Women's Day was the best time to do a little bit to help balance the scales and introduce our audience to some very interesting people." The DLC will contain the following features:

• One Hundered new events for important women in history such as Queen Elizabeth I, Caterina Sforza and Sophie Germain.
  • Female advisors can appear at your court in place of their male counterparts.
  • Female portaits for all 22 advisor types in the game.

The Women’s History DLC is free for all Europa Universalis IV players and will be available on March 8th, 2015. Full patch notes have been posted here.

Screenshots available at www.europauniversalis4.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Nice.

Are Isabella d'Este and Lucrezia Borgia in?

Good idea! Almost simultaneous with the introduction of the Frauenquote in Germany, too. Games as a social engineering tool, why not? Queen Louisa of Prussia, the real King of Prussia should be there, I hope.

Reactions:
eu4_248.png

That's a rather good portrait (although since it's the Mughals that only serves the purpose of reminding me that EU IV needs portrait sets for other cultures :D ).