• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Damarrocarion

Field Marshal
1 Badges
Mar 29, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
SassanidRockFace2.jpg

"We see you are the wisest of the wise:
If, by your skill and bravery, you rise
To be the King of Kings, what will you do
To further justice? How will you renew
The ways of righteousness, and set us free
From fears of theft and royal tyranny?
"

Hello.

I have completed my own MOD, Iranian Intermezzo, and I am now making it officially released. This creates a new bookmark where you can start playing at 1st of January, 935. I wanted to create this because there is currently a two-hundred year gap between Old Gods and Stamford bridge start dates and game can only be improved by putting a bookmark between these two dates.

yuO7rbb.jpg

Despite it's name, this mod offers full playing experience for the whole map, not just Persia/Middle-east. In this bookmark, map is not quite as blob-heavy as in Stamford bridge though mainland Europe is slowly being divided by France, Germany and Italy. Pagans are still a viable presence around the map and Seljuk Turks have not unified Middle East under their own rule. Several noteworthy persons are playable such as:

Haakon the Good - First Christian king of Norway
Mardavij Ziyarid - Last Zoroastrian ruler of note in Persia
Imad_al-Dawla - Founder of Buyid dynasty
Æthelstan - First king of united England
Igor of Kievan Rus
Abu-Tahar al-Jannabi - Leader of Qarmatians who looted Mecca and stole the Black Stone
Otto the Great - Holy Roman Emperor

Right now, every part of the map is ready and MOD will undergo changes as playtest so requires. For example, if some realm appears bit too weak or strong than historically happened, we will tweak things around a bit. If borders are wrong, they will be moved. So I hope you enjoy this MOD and I would love to hear any feedback, corrections and suggestions you may have for it when you play it (you can answer to this thread or via PM)

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE (2.4)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q&A

Q) What's with the MOD name?
A) Well, it does refer to historical period, even if it overlaps somewhat with Old God's start.

Q) What remains to be done with the mod?
A) It is done in a sense that every place is playable but playtesting is meant to see if balance is correct and if some nation is stronger/weaker than historically was the case and needs tweaking.

Q) What new mechanics have you created?
A) None whatsoever, even for Qarmatians (Hurufi heresy was used instead) to keep this as compatible and bug-free as possible.

Q) Any annoying bugs which you have encountered?
A) At the moment, there is a bug with education which gives no traits to children but this may have been fixed in v.0.8. Likewise, for the life of me, I could not get Ramiro II (king of Léon) start with Léon as his primary title but since he changes it to primary title after one day of playing, this is not a big deal.

Q) How historically accurate this is?
A) At all possible cases, real historical characters have been inserted as rulers if I have found the information (please tell if you want corrections). Likewise, scheming viziers and skillful generals have been given some land to rule if no other information was found regarding possible vassals. Of course, there are places where ahistorical rulers are more of a rule than an exception.

Q) Is this compatible with other MODs?
A) Should be, of course there might be conflicting character ID's and I likely correct these a bit later.

Q) Can I use stuff from this MOD in my own work?
A) Go ahead, just mention the source. Though since I have no new mechanics here, I wonder why you would want to :)

Q) Are there playable rulers for all religions in this bookmark?
A) Aside from some heresies like Druze (who did not exist yet) and generic pagans, yes. There is even a historical "pagan holdout" in Afghanistan which was made Zunist for sake of variety (plus Attrition mechanic lets him possibly hold on to his land)

Q) Even Hellenists?
A) One Hellenic courtier has been inserted to court of Strategos of Achaia. One was also put to Ghurid court for the hell of it if you want to re-create Hellenic Bactria. This is merely done to let this MOD to be compatible with MODs that flesh out that religion.

Q) Any side effects when running the mod?
A) Most likely your 1066 bookmarks will have some freaky things like independent counties due to altered history files so I do not recommend keeping this MOD activated if you play year 1066+ (I try to fix this later, at least for Monotheism Rising version)

Q) Opening window only shows two republics, why is that?
A) True but you can simply savescum and use king of Italy to create Pisa/Genoa. Additionally, Barghawatas of Mauretania can create a Muslim republic and you can use tribal Africans to establish republics.

Q) How stable is this MOD?
A) It was very stable until Reaper's due. Something in patch causes problems with mods, leading to crashes. Hopefully bug can be isolated and fixed.

Q) No achievements possible?
A) That's mods for you but you can still Ironman it

Q) Any bugs I should be aware of?
A) You might run into problems loading a save game so that game crashes when you load. Stopping mod and loading save with vanilla game often fixes it. Likewise, for some unknown reason some characters might pop up with "noculture". I have no information of this but next version (Conclave) removes remnants of "dead cultures" from map so perhaps this helps.

Q) This is cool, but I have to ask: Are there any Zoroastrian rulers around?
A) Several. Mardavij is the obvious one and his Bavandid vassal. Ahistorical Zoroastrian also holds land under Oghuz in Dihistan. Pechenegs in Crimea have two Manichean Khans and their Tengri liege has Manichean wife/son. In addition, Chigils under Zhetusy are Manichean as well as Kirghiz. There is also a Zoroastrian in Daman, under hindu liege, to simulate Parsi diaspora which might have occurred in 936. This is mainly to make sure some Zoroastrian courtiers spawn in India.

For development diaries, see the old thread.

--------------------------
Special thanks to people whose help was invaluable in making this MOD.

Sol717
Richvh
Imperium3
Slavic face
Starwarsfan541
Omega20056
-------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes done for v_0.2

- Fixed Ramiro II, so he only has one wife
- Mardavij has now reigned in Hamadan for two years.
- Event troops for Olaf Guthfritson have been slightly reduced
- Igor of Kiev has been given extra gold and piety
- Count of Bern now has a male heir
- Gyula of Bolghar now has claim to d_bolghar
- Most of steppe rulers have been tweaked and given variable selection of extra money, prestige, piety or event troops.
- Few of the provinces in Siberia/Steppe have received some upgrades, such as Perm, Bolghar & Ket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes done for v_0.3

- Turkestan (Oghuz) was tweaked a bit so there is at least a chance it might avoid the independence revolt which now occurs pretty much always.
- Ancona was made part of Papal states (Lambert is in court of Alberic II)
- Pecheneg & Khazar culture provinces were moved around
- Duke of Spoleto now starts with a male heir
- Alberic II & Berengario were changed so they are more likely to be hostile towards their liege
- County of Gwent was upgraded with a fourth holding (castle) to simulate it's status as Petty kingdom
- Karen dynasty member is now present in court of Tabaristan
- Bavandid ruler Shahriyar now has a brother and sister as was the case historically
- Nikepheros Phokas is now older brother of Leon Phokas and heir of Seleukia
- John Tzimiskes was changed so he is heir to Armeniacon and member of Kourkouas dynasty
- Some other ruler tweaks here and there.

Changes done for v_0.4

- Fixed Ziyarid dynasty so Mardavij/Vushmgir are now brothers and not half-brothers
- Changed Ziyarid & Buyid CoA
- Duke of Spoleto now starts with a male heir (This time for real!)
- Visigothic family members in Spain were changed to proper cultures
- Several count-level rulers (ahistorical) added to several realms like Khazaria, Ikhisids, Saffarids, Andalus, etc.
- Ruler tweaks here and there such as Germany/France for more potential border gore with claims and dodgy inheritance
- Khazar/Pecheneg & Jannabid/Baridi borders were tweaked a bit.
- Ukhairid dynasty now holds Kufa as Jannabid vassals (Hurufi Sayyid)
- Crete is now (advanced & rich) tribal holding to simulate it's active role in Mediterranean piracy (also making it interesting playing option from player perspective)

Changes done for v_0.5 - 0.8

- Tweaking rulers here and there.
- Crete county religion changed to Muslim
- Redone Bohemia so duke Wenceslaus is playable (previously his assassination had already happened)
- Attempt to fix the education bug
Changes done for v_0.9

- Education bug seem to be crushed
- Changed some localisation names in Byzantine.
- Changed Jannabid dynasty CoA.
- Igor of Kiev now has enough money/piety to create Ruthenia/Rus after few weeks of gametime
---------------------------------
Changes done for v_1.0 - 1.3

- Education bug seem to be crushed
- Turkish dynasty (somewhat historical Sogdians) added to Osharasan/Fergana. Ruler is Sunni with Manichean son.
- Otto of Saxony no longer holds bishoprics.
- Germany tweaked around a bit
- I made Buyids allied with Ziyarids through marriage.
- Removed Qarmatians and Socotra trade republic. Will return to these after Horse Lords comes out
Changes done for v_1.4

- Adapted nomadic realms.
- Added tributaries
- Some ruler tweaks and additions, mainly on nomadic realms. Ahistorical rulers were also added to few places like Qocho.
- Playtest help needed
Changes done for v_1.6

- Kirghiz realm fixed (cant make those dead characters as supposed vassals disappear though)
- Daman is again Zoroastrian to simulate Parsi Diaspora
- Gwent got more holdings
- Redid portraits for Hakon & Aethelstan
- Ziyarids now hold Tabaristan as main title (mainly to make it more easy for me to make AD 1000 bookmark)
Changes done for v_1.7

- d_livonia is now part of k_finland
Changes done for v_1.8

- Add some rulers under Ziyarids, including land to current (Sunni) Karen dynasty member in Bavandid court so he can be played initially and historical Baduspanid ruler to Rayy. Technically both should own a baronies at this stage)
- Made Mahoyapuram county religion Nestorian to simulate presence there (bit like 1066 Daman is Zoroastrian to simulate Parsi diaspora)
- Ruler of Salerno added and made tributary of Byzantium
- Latium is now independent
- Ziyarids hold D_Eshefan as primary title
- Suebi/Visigoths removed from map
- Krete is again tribal to simulate pirate holdout
-------------------------------------------------------------
Changes done for v_1.9

- Some history files were in wrong format, likely resulting education bug so this is fixed.
- Removed few tributaries.
Changes done for v_2.0

- Tweaked Buyid realm, added two new playable characters there
- Afhsin dynasty are now turkish, leaving only three Sogdian rulers in game
- Works with Conclave now, some bugs probably exist and these will be fixed as they are found.
Changes done for v_2.1

- Added three missing landed rulers to Germany
- Fixed tributary realms so that they are not held by unborn rulers.
- Added titular duchy of El Rif, held by ruler of El Rif
------------------------------------------------------------
Changes done for v_2.2

- Dynasty flag bug was corrected
- Right succession law for France
- Khurid realm was tweaked
Changes done for v_2.3

- Boyan of Vidi has received "Wolf's blood" since historically he was accused of being one. So have fun playing with wizard*/heretic/werewolf who has claim to Kingdom of Bulgaria :D
- Ruler of Beirut was changed to member of Tanukhid dynasty (culture Greek, religion Shiite (for possibility of going Druze later). He was given claim of Baalbek too.
- Fixed dynasty flags so you no longer see European CoA's in Afghanistan, etc. (do let me know if you see any more)

*Mystic trait. Bear in mind that Wolf's Blood requires Horse Lords DLC as far as I am aware.
Changes done for v_2.4

- Steppe realms fixed:
* Added children for alliance purposes
* There are no more realms with extra land to be divided or "over clan limit"
* Added Nestorian khan under Cumans

- Alania is now Tribal realm
- Split character histories to form separate files for easier editing
- Eric Bloodaxes heir is now of right dynasty
- Qarmatian ruler no longer holds k_arabia, just d_amman (realm size same though)
- Several new playable characters added across the map, many of them historical*.
- D-Tangiers is now independent and tributary of Barghawata (culture was kept Visigoth as fanservice)
- D_Oman now starts as tributary of Qarmatians (to stop them getting killed early)
- Hungary has been revamped and dynasty linked properly to Arpad.

*For example, Mudar bin Raja of Mashkye holds c_jask under Saffarids and Muhtajids have two provinces under Samanids.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Subscribed to your new thread. ;)

Reactions:
Message #2 will be kept as change log for this MOD. New version is now available for download.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes done for v_0.2

- Fixed Ramiro II, so he only has one wife
- Mardavij has now reigned in Hamadan for two years.
- Event troops for Olaf Guthfritson have been slightly reduced
- Igor of Kiev has been given extra gold and piety
- Count of Bern now has a male heir
- Gyula of Bolghar now has claim to d_bolghar
- Most of steppe rulers have been tweaked and given variable selection of extra money, prestige, piety or event troops.
- Few of the provinces in Siberia/Steppe have received some upgrades, such as Perm, Bolghar & Ket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Trak, PkJedi & Jigsore for first playtesting.

Last edited:
Next update will probably come out on Sunday evening and include at least these:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Tweak Oghuz realm a bit so there is at least a chance it might avoid the automatic revolt which now occurs
- Give d_Ancona to Papal states
- Pecheneg & Khazar culture provinces get shuffled around a bit
- Alberic II gets tweaked so he does not love his liege as is the case now

V.0.3 is now available.

- Turkestan (Oghuz) was tweaked a bit so there is at least a chance it might avoid the independence revolt which now occurs pretty much always.
- Ancona was made part of Papal states (Lambert is in court of Alberic II)
- Pecheneg & Khazar culture provinces were moved around
- Alberic II & Berengario were changed so they are more likely to be hostile towards their liege
- County of Gwent was upgraded with a fourth holding (castle) to simulate it's status as Petty kingdom
- Karen dynasty member is now present in court of Tabaristan
- Bavandid ruler Shahriyar now has a brother and sister as was the case historically
- Nikepheros Phokas is now older brother of Leon Phokas and heir of Seleukia
- John Tzimiskes was changed so he is heir to Armeniacon and member of Kourkouas dynasty
- Some other ruler tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
There is not much interest for this MOD by looks of things but I try to get it as complete as possible before moving on to other things.

So far in next update I will have at least the following:

- Fixed Ziyarid dynasty so Mardavij/Vushmir are brothers and not half-brothers
- Few ahistorical counts added to larger realms such as Ikhisids
- Ruler tweaks here and there such as adding claims to some of the landed rulers in France (like Herbert of Vermandois) for more inter-realm chaos.

I will attempt to host a playtest multiplay this Sunday if people have interest.

I'm loving this mod - reminds me of the old Millennium (1000 AD) mod! Fun to play with the exciting new scenario, but still have the typical (France, England, Germany (hopefully HRE), etc.).

I love these kinds of settings and would personally like to have/make a bigger mod that completely covers the game period and adds unique flavour, decisions etc for all cultures and religions of vanilla and any new ones. It would also contain unique systems for vassals, guelphs and gibelines. Sadly, I'm too busy with other mods (WtWSMS) to do that for the moment.

Last edited:
I'm loving this mod - reminds me of the old Millennium (1000 AD) mod! Fun to play with the exciting new scenario, but still have the typical (France, England, Germany (hopefully HRE), etc.).

That one has not been updated for RoI. I wonder if I should contact the person who did it and update it?

That one has not been updated for RoI. I wonder if I should contact the person who did it and update it?
Would be greatly appreciated! You could combine the two into a larger mod aiming for full history between 769-1066, starting with some bookmarks.

Version 0.4 is now available for download. Changes to previous version are:

- Fixed Ziyarid dynasty so Mardavij/Vushmgir are now brothers and not half-brothers
- Changed Ziyarid & Buyid CoA
- Duke of Spoleto now starts with a male heir (This time for real!)
- Several count-level rulers* (ahistorical) added to several realms like Khazaria, Ikhisids, Saffarids, Andalus, etc.
- Ruler tweaks here and there such as Germany/France for more potential border gore with claims and dodgy inheritance
- Khazar/Pecheneg & Jannabid/Baridi borders were tweaked a bit.
- Ukhairid dynasty now holds Kufa as Jannabid vassals (Hurufi Sayyid)
- Crete is now (advanced & rich) tribal holding to simulate it's active role in Mediterranean piracy (also making it interesting playing option from player perspective)

Also, 1000 AD bookmark has apparently been incorporated to CK2+ so I am not making any further inroads to that.

*Some potentially interesting starts there such as Sunni Russian-Eunuch with legit bastard under Andalus (inspired by this)

Quick question for people as well: Do you think I should make Bolghars vassals of Khazaria (They were vassals/tributaries until 950's I believe). Alans had same situation so they are allied with Khazars initially in this bookmark.

Last edited: