National Ideagroups - 23rd of October C - Mapuche

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Mapuche

Traditions
National Manpower Modifier: +10.0%
Attrition for Enemies: +1.00

1. Mapuche Pucaras: Fort Defense: +15.0%
  2. Clava Clubs: Discipline: +5.0%
  3. Mapuche Tactics: Land Leader Shock: +1.00
  4. Mapuche Weaving: Trade Steering: +20.0%
  5. Ngillatun: National Unrest: -1.00
  6. Peace Parliaments: Diplomatic Reputation: +1.00
  7. Ruxafe: Yearly Prestige: +1.00
Ambition
Diplomats: +1

My dream is here... Mapuche!

Nice and ready to kick Spain's ass. :D

Some of people here who do not understand neither my enthusiasm nor L_naut enthusiasm towards enigmatic 'Mapuche' - well, Mapuche are the most badass Native Americans ever; guys who were ashamed by hopeless military defeat of Inca and decided to defend American honor in the Arauco War :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arauco_War

800px-El_joven_Lautaro_-_P._Subercaseaux.PNG

800px-Guerra_Arauco.jpg

Because screw Incan civilisation, apparently a bunch of clubmen from Chilean deserts is what Spanish needed to suffer o_o

Oh, by the way, their ideas are really cool :D

Looks good for a nation that managed to decisively fight off both Spain and Chile for over three centuries before they were finally annexed...

Because screw Incan civilisation, apparently a bunch of clubmen from Chilean deserts is what Spanish needed to suffer o_o

Oh, by the way, their ideas are really cool :D

Little historical correction regarding your enthousiasm: not the bunch of clubmen from the Chilean deserts... but the Chilean desert is what caused them to suffer. If the Mapuche had dwelt in hospitable lands the Arauco wars would have ended differently ;)

They also had the advantage of desert not being worth conquering. They were finally annexed due to Argentinian-Chilean competition actually giving a meaning to the waste of resources required to get rid of them.

edit: nevermind, the above is probably wrong. They did have some sources of gold now I've actually had a look.

I'm a bit puzzled over people thinking the Araucanía is a desert. It's all forests and agricultural land!