Unit images for Wealth of Nation Unit Pack and Muslim Ships Unit Pack

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the effort that's gone into the scene renders, very cool :)

No Venice? Is there already a Venice unit pack?

Yeah, they are all really nice, not just the quality but the designs too.
Absence of Venice is a big oversight. Especially as most of those nations are doomed to be annexed early in 80% of games.

I actually think the pack is quite nice, the problem is that there should be more. Many people like myself are willing to pay a few dollars for some nice unit packs, but paradox is not providing them. They only come out alongside a major expansion.

I loved these sprites so much I had to expand them to all nations in the respective regions.

Also is there any chance we'll see the bugs fixed anytime soon? Genoa third tier are still made out of liquid metal and their second tier cannoneers are running around without their uniforms. :(

I loved these sprites so much I had to expand them to all nations in the respective regions.

Also is there any chance we'll see the bugs fixed anytime soon? Genoa third tier are still made out of liquid metal and their second tier cannoneers are running around without their uniforms. :(

I believe they fixed this in the current beta patch

I actually think the pack is quite nice, the problem is that there should be more. Many people like myself are willing to pay a few dollars for some nice unit packs, but paradox is not providing them. They only come out alongside a major expansion.

That's only true so far. CK2 saw released unit and portrait packs independently of major DLC like the Saxon units, Turkish units, Persian faces, etc. I imagine that we'll see the same thing with EUIV at some point as well.

Europa-Universalis-IV-Indian-Muslim-Ships-Unit-Pack_Cover_Small.png

I think the transport sank in that picture (intended ?)

As for the sprites they seem much more coloful than ingame, but it's maybe just because the render is higher quality.

Last edited:
That's only true so far. CK2 saw released unit and portrait packs independently of major DLC like the Saxon units, Turkish units, Persian faces, etc. I imagine that we'll see the same thing with EUIV at some point as well.

This is something we have been doing with CK2 for a while, and we hope to continue with EU4. In fact, we already released Native Americans 2 and British and French Colonial Units between the two major expansions :)

Last edited:
This is something have been doing with CK2 for a while, and we hope to continue with EU4. In fact, we already released Native Americans 2 and British and French Colonial Units between the two major expansions :)
I'm sorry to ask, but do you know why we're being told that Venice and (possibly) the Netherlands have unique units but they look like all other western units?

Anyway, I really like these units and ships. They look really good.

One question (that isn't "Venice has unique units?"), is there any particular reason that Novgorod's units (or at least their tier 3 unit) have their colours inverted? So what is usually the trim colours is instead the main colour, and what is usually the main colour is instead the trim colour.

When I tried copying Novgorod's tier 3 unit to Sweden, every part of the clothing that is blue in the render was yellow, while the only blue parts were those who are white in the render. Needless to say, Sweden can't make do with yellow uniforms with blue trim so I undid it.

EDIT: With that said, it's some really nice units. So good job. Only downside I can see (other than limited use of Novgorod's units for other nations), is the fact there doesn't seem to be an easy way to have the Hansa's 2. tier unit use animations of the 1. unit. Take as a compliment that only flaws are that some of the units can't be used as much as some would like.

The muslim galleys are particularly splendid:

Last edited:
One question (that isn't "Venice has unique units?"), is there any particular reason that Novgorod's units (or at least their tier 3 unit) have their colours inverted? So what is usually the trim colours is instead the main colour, and what is usually the main colour is instead the trim colour.

When I tried copying Novgorod's tier 3 unit to Sweden, every part of the clothing that is blue in the render was yellow, while the only blue parts were those who are white in the render. Needless to say, Sweden can't make do with yellow uniforms with blue trim so I undid it.

Because otherwise they would be white and that is not as interesting as the beautiful blue. We have put a bit of extra effort in recently to make things easier for modders, but ultimately the quality of the unit comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.