Unit images for Colonial British and French Unit Pack + Native Americans 2 Unit Pack

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 29, 2012
Hello!

Two new unit packs have been released and here are some images so that you can get a closer look at them.

In "Native Americans 2" you will find units for 11 tribes

Assinibione, Ojibwe, Fox and Shoshonne

Mikmaq, Potawatomi and Chickasaw

Miami, Navajo and Mohican

The "English and French Colonial Units" pack gives your colonial units a more adventurous look.

British infantry

British cavalry

French infantry

French cavalry

• 1Like
Reactions:
That looks really nice, but why weren't these included in CoP? :/
Because they didn't exists when CoP was released, we could've post-poned the releasedate of CoP a month or two to wait forthese guys but, I think that would displease many forum-users : P

Because then COP would have cost more?
And that too, yes. Considering the production cost of a unit pack, including them would most likely raise the price.

You mean why weren't they released with CoP? I'm guessing they weren't done. Can't rush good art, and it doesn't hurt to space out the micro-purchases a bit.
You guys are awesome. Thank you for this :D.
And this too, yeah. Unit Packs take waaaaaaaay longer time to produce than most of you probably think, there's the historical research (this usually take about a week atleast), the actual production of the 3D-models (that's usually 2-3 days per Model, so 1-3 weeks depending on unit size or if it's cavalry or not etc) and then exporting and testing in game, which usually take a week or something.Then QA will test it too, to make sure we at South haven't messed up in
some way. All in all, maybe 3-4 weeks per unit pack, usually 1 och 2 people working full-time with it. Considering that, I think the $2 pricetag is pretty fair, considering the production time of, say, a can of Coke : P
We put a LOT of effort into getting these unit packs right, and it's nice to hear it is appreciated at least :)

Well, my major question is this:

Is there any possibility of seeing Unit Packs for other areas than Britain and France? I mean, they're cool and all, but you've given France and Britain two units packs IIRC. Maybe give some of the other European nations a go? ;)

We already have released new units for Spain, Portugal, Byzantium, Russia, Poland and Lithuania (as well as several other non-European countries) so we are a little broader than just Britain and France :)

We already have released new units for Spain, Portugal, Byzantium, Russia, Poland and Lithuania (as well as several other non-European countries) so we are a little broader than just Britain and France :)

I think that people tend to forget about those since they were released when the game was released (I assume you are talking about the Pre-Order Pack, Digital Extreme and Call-to-Arms Pack?). I know I forget about them since I've had them since day 1 :)

Are we ever going to see these unit spirits in the game that is not just on the map?

As has been suggested in the past, can the units be displayed next to the battle report pop up? With the main combatants on either size.

I alway buy unit dlc cause the result of this work is always awsome! A great job and I yay it!

My only regret is that the colonials nations dlc are precisely colonials, and the most of the armys, those are still in old world, stay ugly... But it doesn't have any matter, cause I edit the ASSET file of the unities and cut the "north_america_" on the units lines. It's till much acurate than the basic GFX, don't think?
I also give new clones, by exemple the last french to revolutionnary french, but mostly because I play on CK2 converteds maps and, for an oder exemple, england break up in the 1100's and Brittan is actually divided in a kingdom of Cornwall and a fucking big archbishopdom of Nurthumbria.
I advise you to do sames things.

To talk about those dlc precisely, I looove those news units! Expecialy the french ones, (the betters you had make with portuguese's for my opinion) But I am a bit disapointed with the 2nd level: this tech period, if I remember, is between 1540 and 1640, and I seem to see in it late Louis XIII's/early Louis XIV time uniforms, so the very end of the tech level... But It doesn't have any matter, they are all wonderfull!

For a next dlc, I suggest Italy: a crucial area for the beggin of the game's period: A unique generical GFX set for all the italian culture nation, + one unique level for each important ones(Venise, Papauty(swiss guards!), Napoli, Savoy, Tuscany)

(PS: I am don't sure if my english is correct, excuse me if doesn't it, I think he is at least understandable)

IMy only regret is that the colonials nations dlc are precisely colonials, and the most of the armys, those are still in old world, stay ugly... But it doesn't have any matter, cause I edit the ASSET file of the unities and cut the "north_america_" on the units lines. It's till much acurate than the basic GFX, don't think?
I also give new clones, by exemple the last french to revolutionnary french, but mostly because I play on CK2 converteds maps and, for an oder exemple, england break up in the 1100's and Brittan is actually divided in a kingdom of Cornwall and a fucking big archbishopdom of Nurthumbria.
I advise you to do sames things.

This sounds pretty cool, maybe you could post it to Steam Workshop or something?