• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AnaxXiphos

Colonel
21 Badges
Jun 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
Tired of playing as Mongols and having children which appear to have invaded from an alternate universe in which people exist as lovely pencil sketches? Well, worry about those pesky inter-dimensional invaders no more!

These are now part of the official Mongol Portrait DLC, so I've removed the download link.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Very nice, I like these even more than the original Mongol child graphics (before they were changed with the sketches).

Funnily enough when asked about that previously the response was "What other portraits?" :confused:
I thought at first I had imagined the mongols having different child portraits until others complained about them being replaced. Regardless, these ones are great replacements :)

Funnily enough when asked about that previously the response was "What other portraits?" :confused:
I thought at first I had imagined the mongols having different child portraits until others complained about them being replaced. Regardless, these ones are great replacements :)
Oh no, you're not imagining things. To this day I wonder why they were replaced.
View attachment 98114 View attachment 98115

I really like the work you do AnaxXiphos, these definitely will be replacing the standard Mongol child portraits for me. Very nice work!

The "Mini-" in the description should be changed to "Must have-". ;) Yeah, sure, CK is not exactly about graphics, but as others have pointed out inconsistency is simply a no-go and these look better individually and stylistically, so really a no-brainer ...

Mind if we use these in ck2+?

AT LAST!! Now that's one thing that has bugged me for ages. Thanks!

EDIT:
And please say yes for CK2+ usage :D

Thanks a million!

FYI you've included your gitattributes and gitignore files in your .zip.

Last edited:
FYI you've included your gitattributes and gitignore files in your .zip.

Yeah, I'm just straight linking to the zipped version of the Github repository, and as far as I know there's no way to prevent Github from including those files or burying the actual mod files beneath an extra directory. But I consider that to be a minor annoyance compared to never having to update the link if I make any changes to the mod.

Yeah, I'm just straight linking to the zipped version of the Github repository, and as far as I know there's no way to prevent Github from including those files or burying the actual mod files beneath an extra directory. But I consider that to be a minor annoyance compared to never having to update the link if I make any changes to the mod.

I should have realized that, no idea why I didn't. If I come across some way to suppress the git files I'll let you know