• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Keanon

Lt. General
105 Badges
Nov 8, 2009
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Dungeonland
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
Mod is discontinued in this form, the artist Solo is working with the Prince and the Thane currently, I'm not working on anything currently. You can find some compatibility patched made by Ruwaard here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...trum-Scuta&p=15260093&viewfull=1#post15260093

beforeafter720px.jpg

PATRVM SCVTA 0.5

Please note that Patrum Scuta 0.4 and forward is not allowed in Compilations despite earlier permissions, if you want your mod to be compatible contact me and we'll make them compatible!

This version is compatible with the newest patch (1.8) and with Project Balance if you download the patch for it above.

Graphics by Wappenwiki/Birger
Implementation by Keanon
Graphics and Implementation by Solo_Adhémar
Implementation of extra landed arms by Ruwaard

PATRUM SCUTA 0.4 AND FORWARD ARE NOT ALLOWED IN OTHER MODS.

If you would like to see Patrum Scuta in your mod, write me and we'll make a compatibility patch together!

Older Versions:

Patrum Scuta 0.4

PATRVM SCVTA 0.3

Patrum Scuta 0.3 for Balansegang

For CK2+ compatibility:
I found out how to make it compatible with ck2 plus. In the general.gfx file or whatever it's called, make the 10 frames into 23.
I uploaded it here http://www.2shared.com/file/bXjEn01c/generalstuff.html

Paste the new generalstuff thing into the patrum scuta interface folder, then copy everything in the patrum scuta folder and paste it into the ck2 plus folder, and overwrite everything. You'll get all the stuff, and now the interface won't be messed up.

Version 0.3 are allowed in compilations in most cases, but not without permission. Always ask before you use anything another modder made!

Last edited:
Great work Keanon! =)
I'd recommend allowing sable with the basic tinctures as it was consistently used this way even though it broke blason.

Anyway, congratulations again, hope to see this mod grow!

Great work Keanon! =)
I'd recommend allowing sable with the basic tinctures as it was consistently used this way even though it broke blason.

Anyway, congratulations again, hope to see this mod grow!

I have played a lot with the colors, and I've been split between trying to evade mismatches or not. I know of many red/black, few blue/black and no purple/black or green/black. On top of this, purple and green were rare, but they seem to really be persuasive to appear more than I'm trying to allow them. But thank you.

I have decided against using three colours btw, this was a question of always right or half the time right, and I'd rather have a ton of good 2 colour shields than I'd have some messed up 2½ colour shields because of the colours not following the tincture rules in the CoA file.

I changed the colors, and which colors could be used together first, then I disabled all the old patterns and disabled Emblems for all, then I made the first pattern available and started filling it up. Hmm, I guess I can show it like this:

i1S0f.png

This is not a completely honest comparison, I downsized it a lot and I'm only showing one of the 4 vanilla patterns against my one pattern completed so far.

Size however is accurate, my frames are about 3-4 times bigger than the vanilla ones.

great work !

I was thinking working on a mod like that.

Can you confirm me one thing :
original 3 coloured patterns are flawed in the way colour banishment aren't applied for third colour ?

great work !

I was thinking working on a mod like that.

Can you confirm me one thing :
original 3 coloured patterns are flawed in the way colour banishment aren't applied for third colour ?

Indeed, this is true. I hinted at it above aswell:
I have decided against using three colours btw, this was a question of always right or half the time right, and I'd rather have a ton of good 2 colour shields than I'd have some messed up 2½ colour shields because of the colours not following the tincture rules in the CoA file.

Looks nice, but what does it exactly do? Does it add more variety to the CoA in the game, by increasing the # of possible patterns?

Yes, but it replaces all the old ones with new higher resolution ones aswell, the old files are completely scrapped and all graphics are from Wappenwiki, edited by me to fit into this.

The most important thing is, I only use graphics made by that artist, which results in consistency and high quality all across.

There's a reason I sent him an email to ask for permission.

Indeed, this is true. I hinted at it above aswell

yes. sorry to have asked before reading all the thread :unsure:

If PI correct it that would be great.

Size however is accurate, my frames are about 3-4 times bigger than the vanilla ones.

Do you need to specify the size somewhere or id the engine just calculate it with the dimensions and x and y values ?

Size isn't specified, it seems to calculate it itself indeed.

good news. the original 80*84 was really s*cky to work on.

Personally I changed it to 128x, despite that it makes the smallest shields ingame distort, I found it more important that they looked good in the relevant windows.

Btw, I am considering if I can assign the pagans special coats of arms too, since the arms seems to be divided up based on religion.

But first I think I will atleast make it till two full pattern files of the size above for the christians.

Hi Keanon, I've two questions, does your mod replace the DLC family shields? And do you know if your mod is compatible with Bella Gerant Alii? Thanks

Personally I changed it to 128x, despite that it makes the smallest shields ingame distort, I found it more important that they looked good in the relevant windows.

Btw, I am considering if I can assign the pagans special coats of arms too, since the arms seems to be divided up based on religion.

But first I think I will atleast make it till two full pattern files of the size above for the christians.

I've just ran a test with pagan_group with a shortened list of coa taken from christians' one (removed all first part fluer de lys etc that doesn't fit). It just run perfectly.

Which of the 2 takes precedence? I have no idea what is necessary for either mods to work...

if the coats_of_arms.txt isn't edited I don't know. maybe the game just crashes.
But editing is easy. :huh: