• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Besuchov

Studio Manager, PDS
Paradox Staff
64 Badges
Mar 6, 2001
  • Sengoku
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
So, after a couple of weeks of King writing the Dev Diaries you are stuck with me again ;) This week I'm going to say a few words on the final polish on an expansion already full of features, namely some nice interface additions and improvements that we've felt the need for when we played the game.

First, we have something that you guys that played Semper Fi will recognize, a triggered modifier screen. No longer will you have to read the files to find out how you can get the Sound Toll.

The next thing is something that we've noticed that's all cool games have these days (so we have to have it too), loading hints. So when you load up Divine Wind you will get helpful hints about things you may or may not know. Did you know by the way that the tooltips for each technology category will show you which tech-levels unlock things, such as buildings, units, government forms, etc? Yes, that is also one of the little interface improvements.

We also have some new alerts that you might find useful. For example you get one you get one if you are a horde nation and some so called civilized nation is trying to settle your provinces. There is also an alert for when your provinces are blockaded.
We also changed around the advisers a bit. As some of you have noticed you could get really unbalanced results if you stacked up three advisers of the same type. No more, as you can now only have one adviser of the same type.

Then we have the little things that the more perceptive of you might have seen in the screenshots. We have a new level of message importance, the message icons from Victoria 2 for those things that are too important to be lost in the log and too common to give you a popup every time. On the map we've made it so that you can see the size of your army at a glance, also an idea from Victoria 2.

Finally, we added what every Eu3 expansion should have, more stuff. More provinces, more (and more informative) tooltips and even a few new countries.

This was the last dev diary for Divine Wind, but don't worry, we still have some more nice things we will show you, so don't delete from your forum account just yet :)

Thomas Johansson
Associate Producer and Project Lead on Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind

Attachments

• divine_wind_dev_diary_12_interface_improvements_1.png
    divine_wind_dev_diary_12_interface_improvements_1.png
    2 MB · Views: 7.322
Are we going to get a new country guide like we did last time?

I really like the fact that advisors are non-stackable. It will probably make some of the not so often used advisors be utilized more. You should nerf patron of the arts, though.

Its been said often enough that this game, for as great as it is, seemed to lack a 'polish'. I look forward to seeing exactly what I'm getting with each tech advancement. Looking at that screen it's going to take some time to get used to that huge interface..you'd think axing city view might have slimmed it..idk, it just looks massive. I'll have to get used to playing with it closed.

Its been said often enough that this game, for as great as it is, seemed to lack a 'polish'. I look forward to seeing exactly what I'm getting with each tech advancement. Looking at that screen it's going to take some time to get used to that huge interface..you'd think axing city view might have slimmed it..idk, it just looks massive. I'll have to get used to playing with it closed.

Do consider the fact that these screenshots are in 1280X1024 so I guess when playing on 1920+ will make things easier :)

Nice additions. Preordered already. Are there AI improvements too?

I will quote Johan's CE post here:
I like to blame Doomdark for spending the last 2 weekends improving the Divine Wind AI.. even though he is NOT on the project.

*mutters about AI being a sneaky bastard with its armies *

So if a Horde can burn your settlement at any time, what stops them?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say your army. ;)

EDIT: Damn... Darkrenown beat me to it... and Darth Tarcid. :D

I see. 'At any time' sort of made it sound like a decision. Myabe change it to '...can burn your undefended settlements at any time'? what are the mechanics for culture changes in settled horde lands? We won't see all of Crimea go Italian quickly will we?

Have you done anything about the fact that naval tradition is impossible to get?
This means a)you can NEVER get any good admirals and b)all the advisors that need naval tradition (that h ave nothing to do with the navy) are unobtainable.