• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To be a little less non-specific, complete really is....well....complete. :p

It fleshes out and put some real meat on a number of aspects of vanilla EU3, plus it expands the time frame out all the way to 1399 at the early end and to 1821 at the late end. So instead of cover just over 300 years it now covers over 400. Here are a coupla other examples:

1. It adds some real revolutionary action in the form of a number of revolutionary wars like the French Revolution, the aftermath of the creation of the United States (or the failure of its Revolutionary War).

2. It fleshes out the HRE by tweaking the way the HRE is elected, how he is expected to placate and defend the Empire or start losing sway/members, and how another country can dismantle the HRE just like Napoleon historically did.

3. It overhauls the religious tolerance mechanisms, making them much more realistic by better portraying the frictions and intolerance inherent in numerous religions, and the dangers and difficulties of converting one's own state religion.

4. It adds a bunch of countries that historically existed but which were not portrayed in the original.

5. It adds a buttload of events, missions, decisions and National Ideas.

6. It adds a lot of interface tweaks, making it easier and smoother to control the game and access various types of information.

And so on....

Yeah, looks promising based on the links.

Can anyone confirm whether the Complete version includes the latest In Nomine patch, but not, presumably, the latest beta?

Although I would further assume that I could just download and overlay the latest In Nomine beta onto the Complete version?

Can anyone confirm whether the Complete version includes the latest In Nomine patch, but not, presumably, the latest beta?

3.1: not included.
3.2 beta: not included.

Although I would further assume that I could just download and overlay the latest In Nomine beta onto the Complete version?

Indeed you can. The launcher will give you the 3.1 and after that you can just load 3.2 from the forum.

Is there a complete Manual in the Complete Edition? And if, is there the possibility to get it if you have Vanilla and both expansions, but not EU3 Complete? Furthermore, is there a complete techtree including buildings and their properties, units and ther properties and forms of Government and their properties

Is there a complete Manual in the Complete Edition?

Manuals are on the CD.

is there a complete techtree including buildings and their properties,

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Tech_tree

Common\technologies.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Province_improvements

Common\buildings.txt.

units and ther properties

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Unit_types

Common\units.

forms of Government and their properties

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Types_of_Government

Common\governments.txt.

Where can I buy the complete version? I'm in Belgium and can't find any retailers that carry it, all they have is the original EU for 50€ :rofl:
You could try eBay or Amazon.com, then.

@Massams - You'll probably have to buy it online - Amazon is a good place to try.

Amazon.de has Complete (in German, EUIII Kollektion) for around 30€, ships in Belgium too.

The game is in German, but of course this localization can be rolled back with a minimal mod: the change of an entry in a text configuration file, if I remember correctly.
Anyone with a firmer grip on reality, please kindly confirm this here, too :)

The only problem is the manual - you get a PDF on the CD which is, of course, in German and this is the only thing that cannot be undone by performing the aforementioned mod. That is, in the end you bought a game in English and a manual in German.

Since posting the manual or web links thereof is a SEVERELY MODERATED OFFENCE (thread closed, avatar permanently changed to North K**rean flag, the word "ROGUE" attached to you forum name), you are warmly suggested not to do so or ask for it.

If you don't speak the language of Goethe, there are two remaining alternatives:
1) learn German;
2) start saying how good Paradox support is, how nice they are to patch their games until every buyer-player reached Nirvana, and how ALMOST PERFECT everything is, if only you'd be allowed to download an updated English copy of the manual AFTER you have registered your copy of the game.

Last edited:
I'll go the german amazon route, the uk doesn't have any in stock. I don't need the manual since the game's for a friend and I can just help him out if needed.
All the localization text is already present in game, so that should be an easy fix.

I just ordered the EU II Complete which include EU III, NA, and IN. I have played the Orginal EUIII, but not the expansions. Could someone tell me what I could expect?

Yes. Buy a gallon or two of pesticide and spray liberally for pirates...

And, you can expect an outstanding game. In Nomine puts the polish on an already great game.

If you don't speak the language of Goethe, there are two remaining alternatives:
1) learn German;
2) start saying how good Paradox support is, how nice they are to patch their games until every buyer-player reached Nirvana, and how ALMOST PERFECT everything is, if only you'd be allowed to download an updated English copy of the manual AFTER you have registered your copy of the game.
Or 3) use the code included with the game to download the English manuals from Gamersgate. Simply owning the Complete Edition gives you the right to download the two expansions (and possibly the original game?) from Gamersgate at any time. Which includes the manuals as a separate download. Nice, eh? :)

Or 3) use the code included with the game to download the English manuals from Gamersgate. Simply owning the Complete Edition gives you the right to download the two expansions (and possibly the original game?) from Gamersgate at any time. Which includes the manuals as a separate download. Nice, eh? :)

Indeed. I did not know that, thank you for the tip.