• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KeiranHal

Corporal
86 Badges
May 9, 2014
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I was playing my russian, basque, reformed Zun empire (crazy things do happen) when I decided it would be nice to expand into Asia without having to wait for the next CK 2 DLC. The converter was the best solution available for this, or so I guessed, until I noticed the reformed Zun religious Icon was the Sunni one. One hell of a gamebreak- oh wait, it's nothing, and that's easily moddable if I can find the right file.

I think I've found the issue. In the 01_converted_religions.txt located in \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\eu4_export\mod\Converted_Russie938_11_06\common\religions:

zun_pagan_reformed = {
icon = 5
color = { 0.9 1.0 0.0 }

country = {
tolerance_own = 3
hostile_attrition = 1
}

heretic = { DARKNESS }

The line icon = 5 correspond to the sunni symbol (I've compared this number with those available in the vanilla EU IV file). As I don't have any mean to open the DDS file rendering those icons, I can't give you the right number for the Zun religion, lest I know how to determine it.

Another "bug": my russian empire, despite obviously referring to the russian country found in EU IV, got the generic set of National Ideas, in place of the Muscovy/Russian one. Is this WAD? I've bypassed the issue (for me) by modding the decision to form Russia to add basque culture and give the "correct idea set".

Last, and it's not a bug, sadly: my english is horrible, sorry for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree that the icon for Zun pagan isn't optimal. We currently have no unique icon for it, but if it's going to default to a standard icon it might as well default to the Inti icon - it's a sun after all!

Regarding Russian ideas; you'll get them if you're either the tag of RUS or MOS, or if you're both Russian and Christian. I presume that you might have done something to your Russian empire, perhaps you renamed it?

In any case, I'll put forward the Zun icon concern to Groogy!

I agree that the icon for Zun pagan isn't optimal. We currently have no unique icon for it, but if it's going to default to a standard icon it might as well default to the Inti icon - it's a sun after all!

Well, that's a nice idea! Inti's icon is the number 18, It works like a charm.

Regarding Russian ideas; you'll get them if you're either the tag of RUS or MOS, or if you're both Russian and Christian. I presume that you might have done something to your Russian empire, perhaps you renamed it?

*facepalm* yup, that's the case. I renamed "Russe" to "Russie" to compensate the weird translation. "Empire de Russe" was not grammatically correct. Thanks for the tip.