• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would be good if the other preset empires had these on their homeworlds as well.
Humans we know about, I'd love to see Jehet Prime's features also being particularly ancient Jehetma colonies for instance.
Oh yes, please! I do need to read more about the jungles of Blorg Prime!

I think its because energy is kind of in a weird half way house in the game, it's both literally energy and also kind of money, you get it from power plants and trade hubs

So think of those city tiles as like planet based trade hubs

They also might not last like that forever, Wiz tends not to like things that don't "feel" right - like how admin buildings used to give food and minerals. Cause you're right, it does feel off that our major metro areas at first glance give energy extraction districts

While I'd like to see the big metro regions in game, I think the energy districts on Earth should stick to things like "North Sea Wind Turbine Fields", "Saharan Solar Project", "San Andreas Geothermal", "Eastern Desert Oil Reserves" etc and find some other way to get the cities in.

Maybe as unique features that add a trade power buff, or give extra housing, or make Earth be able to support more districts than its base size would support ? Idk

While I'd like to see the big metro regions in game, I think the energy districts on Earth should stick to things like "North Sea Wind Turbine Fields", "Saharan Solar Project", "San Andreas Geothermal", "Eastern Desert Oil Reserves" etc and find some other way to get the cities in.

Maybe as unique features that add a trade power buff, or give extra housing, or make Earth be able to support more districts than its base size would support ? Idk
So long as Energy Credits remain a halfway-point between pure energy resources and currency, it makes sense they'd be generated by some urban developments.

Please keep posts on topic and focussed.

Energy credits are probably the best method of measuring the value of competitive currencies and if you think it about it, there's nothing else we could really use as to measure how strong an economy is (whether that be through private trade or to measure a gestalt consciousness' total output). The value of material goods is highly subjective. One nation may highly value oil while another has no use for it, while yet another has enough to meet their needs but is in serious need of uranium.

All of these things can be measured in the total energy it costs to manufacture them into a useful state or in the amount of energy they output. So while in-universe this trade is for goods, services and all the other usual financial hocus pocus, it gets abstracted to energy production as at the end of the day, that's what drives the economy.

You are mixing up Online Banking and Cryptocurrency.
The lack of Centralized Control is a defining feature in every usage I heard off:
"Cryptocurrencies use decentralized control[4] as opposed to centralized electronic money and central banking systems.[5] The decentralized control of each cryptocurrency works through distributed ledger technology, typically a blockchain, that serves as a public financial transaction database.[6][7]"

this is a confusion of terms, cryptocurrencies, are specifically currencies that get their value from cryptography, you're thinking of block-chain regulated currency. the media tend to conflate the two, so the spread of this confusion isn't unexpected. you could have a normal currency, controlled by a banking system, that is valued only on cryptography as well.

edit: didn't see the moderator's post, i guess i'll leave it here and let them remove it if they want.

Last edited:
Making my fourth attempt at playing the Pingus in the internal build. So far, it's going adorably well :3

DnFOAf4X4AE5R-b.jpg

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1040698824027713536

Reworked habitability penalties
Twitter

The colonization block at 20% habitability and growth penalties may be gone, but low habitability is nothing to be trifled with in Le Guin - if you want to settle an inhospitable world, you better have the resources to sustain it!

DnFc7ZuW0AAIMHB.jpg

It looks like every world will be colonisable from the start, even Tomb Worlds, and even maybe for Life-Seeded Empires:

Q: So how are Tomb Worlds handled now? Do they have something special to prevent species from colonizing them? Or will pops here just need 2x the amount of amenities, housing needs, and upkeep?

A: The latter. You can settle a tomb world, but expect to pay out the nose for all the special equipment your colonists will need.

Twitter

The colonization block at 20% habitability and growth penalties may be gone, but low habitability is nothing to be trifled with in Le Guin - if you want to settle an inhospitable world, you better have the resources to sustain it!

DnFc7ZuW0AAIMHB.jpg

I really like the reworked effects of habitability. They are a lot more intuitive now. Can imagine the living domes necessary for non-adaptable pops.