• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I expect that Servitors only have Deviance and no Crime. Bio trophies are too busy being pampered to get up to mischief.
Unless of course they only have crime from Biotrophies, not deviancy.

There is one big balancing question regarding Gestalt Empires: Housing.

Drones of any kind propably need less Housing/Job then any organic. Plus no need for Luxury goods.
They also get more housing and job slots from each District. On the first glance, that would seem pretty OP. But wiz said "not having Trade power is a huge penalty".

So what if:
- you get access to the Market at the start of the game - no contact with alien empires needed. Think of it as the internal market of your empire and some odder/ineffective conversion ability (like turning food into biofuel, or the mater replicator)
- the market becomes more effective if you have a high summed trade power/lots of traderoutes crossing your empire
- non-gestalt empries start with a Trade Value 30 homeworld. And add more Trade value with every additional Planet. Gestalt empires always stay at 0.

So they can produce all the materials. But they also have to produce all the materials, because the market would be extremely ineffective.

The AI never grow, a AI rogue servitor empire will always have only 2 bio-trophies pops from their primary organic specie.
The reasons for that limitation were inherent in the tile System. Why would you think for one second it still applies in a post-tile game?

Because the Biotrophies and Drones compete for limited Tile real estate. And trying to manage that via Species rights alone would be insane.

That is no longer the case in 2.2. No limited tile Real Estate. And I asume there is some kind of cap on #of Biotrophy jobs/planet.

And I called it again:

Biotrophies are a "job". So the count per planet is limited by things other then housing. That means the AI finally will get to use it effectively.

Bio Trophies will always be a minority in the empire, so unless every single one was Doctor Doom they wouldn't be producing statistically significant crime.
Unless of course Servitors - being there to sereve man - could not have enforcers. :)

There are so many ways to balance stuff in 2.2, it boggles the mind.

"Since I failed to show it off on the dev corner stream earlier - here is the colony type labeling system in action!
Dma6usgXgAEyohD.jpg:large

" https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1037722182623866886

When every precious bio trophy is attended at all times by a gaggle of servitors ready to pre-empt their every need, whether they want it or not, they require no extra enforcers.
If they do not want it, that can be called "Crime".

Indeed Rouge servitors always had two flavors of the Pirate event:
One of deviant drones (like other Gestalts).
One of Rebellious Biotrophies (unique for them).

So there is quite a bit of precendence for Rebellious Biotrophies.

Fallen Empires
Fallen Empires teasers:

Xenophobe "The Core" Capital have the non-confirmed/speculated "Ecumenopolis" graphical art.

X4aeE84.png

They did not show the capital, but showed one of the colonies, the Boundary planet. It have Unique Buildings that produce a lot of things.

V43tWUT.png

Z6tiNCX.png

Sy4ctib.png

Fallen Empires have most of the population in the "Hedonist" jobs, being fallen doing nothing all day just consuming A LOT of luxury things.

HYFgclN.png

And Fallen Empires will have different societies, but the Xenophobe in particular, have Non-sapient Robots doing all the Worker Jobs. "Fully automated luxury gay space xenophobia" by Wiz words.

OrNJfiU.png

I dunno if Streams teasers belong here, but here we go, the design corner showed new things:
Usually there is going to be a seperate Thread with "Stream Treasers" for this, often with a link to here. They do overlap a bit.

I find it really interesting that Primitives are given that level of detail. That indicates the long awaited primitive rework is comming soon-ish.

Resource names
Full names of the Resources. We have now something called "Arcane Technology".

M8IgnZe.png

Usually there is going to be a seperate Thread with "Stream Treasers" for this, often with a link to here. They do overlap a bit.

I find it really interesting that Primitives are given that level of detail. That indicates the long awaited primitive rework is comming soon-ish.

So i'm not breaking any rules right? I apologise if i'm breaking.

So i'm not breaking any rules right? I apologise if i'm breaking.
We never had a clear rule on this. This thread could also be called "next Release Hype Thread", and it would fit perfectly in that one :)

I dunno if Streams teasers belong here, but here we go, the design corner showed new things:
This is new, right? While showing the game off, they used the cheat that gives contact with all the empires in the galaxy, and once they unpaused, it appears all the Corporate Dominions in the galaxy gained a new casus belli against them. Couldn't find any mention of it on the wiki.

stellaris hostile takeover.jpg

This is new, right? While showing the game off, they used the cheat that gives contact with all the empires in the galaxy, and once they unpaused, it appears all the Corporate Dominions in the galaxy gained a new casus belli against them. Couldn't find any mention of it on the wiki.

View attachment 401925
I just checked and there is no such CB in the gamefiles. Even with the 2.1.3 Update. My first guess is a simple rename of the "conquest" Casus Beli, but there might be something more to it.