[Dev Team] 3.8.2 Hotfix Patch Released

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Loke

Corporal
Paradox Staff
9 Badges
Apr 16, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Empire of Sin
  • Gettysburg
Hello,

Following some quick work from the team we have now produced a patch aiming resolve the high priority issues coming out of the Galactic Paragons + 3.8 release.
3.8.2 should be available for download via Steam, GOG and Microsoft Store now!
Unfortunately there is a delay in the deployment of the patch to Microsoft Store, and players on this platform should expect the update to arrive early next week instead.

We will continue our efforts fixing and balancing where needed, so keep your reports coming!

Please find the patch notes below.

############################################################​

#################### VERSION 3.8.2 Hotfix ######################​

############################################################​

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where the mouse input would be offset when playing with fullscreen on.
  • Fixed an achievement not always being awarded correctly.
  • Fixed the Kidnapper trait applying to the whole empire population instead of the given planet.
  • Fixed a bug where permanent rulers would not get their ascension perks when finishing the special projects to convert them.
  • Anglers now once again count as farmers.
  • Fixed map tracking sometimes not working for first contacts and archaeology sites.
  • Holo-Theatres are now correctly destroyed when a gestalt empire conquers the planet they are built on.
  • If an empire stops having Imperial Authority, the Imperial Heir trait is removed from their former heir.
  • Leaders can no longer start the game with traits that produce resources. This should stop machine leaders from keeping a bonsai tree garden as a hobby.
  • Restored the brainslug species trait.
  • You can no longer psi-inoculate hive-minded pops or those being purged.
  • Fixed an issue where some situation modifiers were not applied correctly.
  • Fixed The Beholder, Keides, Azaryn, and others leaders from Paragon mutating due to traveling through shroud tunnels.
  • Now Crusader Spirit will correctly impose the Crusader spirit civic on empires who lose the ideology war.
  • Now the Imperial heir will have 0 Unity upkeep (upkeep from negative traits can still apply).

STABILITY
  • Fixed a COOP crash when two players were selecting ascension perks at the same time.
  • Fixed a crash related to pops with invalid species.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during removal of invalid trade deals.
  • Fixed an out of sync related to events.

BALANCE
  • The Minister of Exploration now grants +3% jump drive range per level.
  • The additional unity duelists gain from the Arbiter of Duels is now added to their base output instead of multiplying the base output.

AI
  • Fixed an issue where the AI would repeatedly attempt and fail to invade the pre-FTL empires from the Fear of the Dark origin.

UI
  • Event notifications can now be configured in message settings.
    Added ship engagement range modifier to ship tooltip.
  • Crime/Deviancy modifiers should now show the correct name in more places.
  • Fixed Galactic Paragons not being shown in DLC lists.
  • Fixed UI issues affecting the council view for gestalt empires after they unlocked their third civic.
  • Fixed overlap between achievements and forum link button in the main menu on non-Steam platforms.
  • Fixed text overlap between coop filter and cross platform filter in the matchmaking view.
  • Improved the layout of the Multiplayer lobby DLC icons.
  • Message settings are now sorted in alphabetical order.
  • Message settings that have been changed and later changed back to their default values (without using "Reset Default") will now be saved as changed values.
  • The coop filter checkbox in the multiplayer game browser is now checked by default.
  • The player name used for Multiplayer is now saved more consistently.
  • When hot-joining a coop empire, events that are open for other players in your empire before the hot-join will no longer be shown to the joining player.
  • Icons for tiered traits should now correctly display a Roman numeral 'I' for tier 1, for players without Galactic Paragons.

MODDING
  • Fixed a case where modded games could crash when using custom leader classes.
  • Fixed crash on session start when using modded leader classes.
  • Fixed some incorrect documentation for message types.

Please note that save file compatibility between versions is not guaranteed.

If you have an important game going, please back up the save file before trying to load the save in the new version. You can roll back to a prior version by right-clicking on Stellaris in your library -> Properties -> Betas -> choose the desired version from the drop-down.

If you experience crashing or other issues, first disable all mods and start a new save. If the issue persists, please report it on the
Bug Report forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 46Like
  • 12Love
Reactions:
I've been encountering a bug where if an anomaly shows up, the lights around the system on the galaxy map that's supposed to draw my attention to where the anomaly is, don't go away, even if I've dismissed the notification. Anyone else experienced this? I don't see it as a fix listed here. If I reload the save file it solves the problem but it would be nice to not to do this all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wow, that was fast.

Great work, guys.

I've been encountering a bug where if an anomaly shows up, the lights around the system on the galaxy map that's supposed to draw my attention to where the anomaly is, don't go away, even if I've dismissed the notification. Anyone else experienced this? I don't see it as a fix listed here. If I reload the save file it solves the problem but it would be nice to not to do this all the time.

Yes, I've had the same issue, both for anomaly notifications and for construction shop "build complete". I turned the former off in the message manager (you still get the event popup, but not the top-bar notification), and the latter don't stay forever, so I'm not too fussed. They do go away as normal if you don't right-click dismiss the notification but let it time out naturally.

Reactions:

There's a bug report for it, seems a lot of people are having the issue.

subspace drive for AI doesn't work
when will that be fixed?

According to the devs that's working as intended. They didn't design the civic for AI to use.

Reactions:
There's a bug report for it, seems a lot of people are having the issue.

According to the devs that's working as intended. They didn't design the civic for AI to use.
That's an excuse, player-created preset empires is a feature, so any origins / civic should be playable by AI empires.

Are you meant to say any future contents can be "player only" potentially?

Besides, the issue is actually worse - AIs will stuck there even after they unlocked hyperdrive and upgraded to it, they will make a bunch of science ships and they will all stay at space station

• 1Like
Reactions:
Highly appreciate the fast work done here!

On a side note, there seems to be a little issue where fleets ordered to follow another fleet will stop doing so after jumping to another system - can anyone confirm this or is it just me?

Reactions:
That's an excuse, player-created preset empires is a feature, so any origins / civic should be playable by AI empires.

Are you meant to say any future contents can be "player only" potentially?

Besides, the issue is actually worse - AIs will stuck there even after they unlocked hyperdrive and upgraded to it, they will make a bunch of science ships and they will all stay at space station

It's not an excuse, it's the intent. Coding the pathfinding for the AI was seemingly judged to be too much effort for too little reward. Presumably they couldn't recycle the old pre-2.0 jump drive or warp drive pathfinding either, or doing so would still require a lot of work.

Yes force spawning empires is a thing but the percentage of players who use it and the percentage of those who force spawn this origin is likely low. For what it's worth I would also enjoy the option to spawn AI empires with this civic but I don't think the lack of it is too much of a problem. Certainly not vs all the other bugs and balance issues that could do with attention (some of them very long standing).

On a side note, there seems to be a little issue where fleets ordered to follow another fleet will stop doing so after jumping to another system - can anyone confirm this or is it just me?

It's a confirmed bug.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the bugfix !
Are you considering a future balance patch, notably on leader cap and penalties ?
Balance? Sure! Leader cap? Unlikely, whenever we make a long term positive change it can annoy quite a few people. But in this case, the Leader cap being pretty tight is just better design.
That's not an excuse, we get to decide how things work. Creating new AI Just for a challenging civic the AI will not use unless force spawned with it is not worth the effort.

That's not an excuse, we get to decide how things work. Creating new AI Just for a challenging civic the AI will not use unless force spawned with it is not worth the effort.

I believe the underlying point and general concern is that PDX may start on a slippery slope of selling content that the AI cannot use. Knowing that AI does not (cannot?) use the Paragons system is a second instance of it. If your demographic split of players show you that a good % play Single player then it seems quite fair for the community to expect a bit more... forthcoming-ness from its advertising about it, at least going forward, maybe even saying so on the DLC information.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Balance? Sure! Leader cap? Unlikely, whenever we make a long term positive change it can annoy quite a few people. But in this case, the Leader cap being pretty tight is just better design.

If changes to the leader cap are completely off the table how do you feel about UI improvements? Having a big black silhouette on the majority of planets and fleet feels bad. It's like the game is telling you "you are lacking something here", when it seems the logic should be "don't expect to have anything here but you can for a bonus."

• 3Like
Reactions:
I believe the underlying point and general concern is that PDX may start on a slippery slope of selling content that the AI cannot use. Knowing that AI does not (cannot?) use the Paragons system is a second instance of it. If your demographic split of players show you that a good % play Single player then it seems quite fair for the community to expect a bit more openess and proactiveness about it, at least going forward, maybe even saying so on the DLC information.
I get the point but this is a non-issue. We make calls all the time about how the AI will interface with X and Y feature. From day 1 the AI doesn't get "Normal" anomalies, they get special AI specific ones that only grant a few resources so they don't "Steal" content from the player. Similar with Paragons now.

There's no slope. We're good.

If changes to the leader cap are completely off the table how do you feel about UI improvements? Having a big black silhouette on the majority of planets and fleet feels bad. It's like the game is telling you "you are lacking something here", when it seems the logic should be "don't expect to have anything here but you can for a bonus."
Our UI in general could use a lot of improvement. The open slot making folks feel like they need to fill it despite the leader cap has been a heated subject of discussion, I feel like we just don't have a solution for that just yet :D
UI improvements overall are a big focus for Stellaris now and in the future patches.

Yes, that's happening to me too on an unmodified game. I believe it was confirmed within 24 hours on the pdx Stellaris bug forums, so hoping to see a fix in the next patch......along with the armies disappearing from the outliner....which is now years old....

• 2Like
Reactions: