• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Hello everyone!

Most of you have had a chance to start playing and enjoying the Console version of Crusader Kings III and have provided a ton of thoughts and feedback. We appreciate this feedback as it has been invaluable to our team!

Today we are releasing a small Update, the first of many, to address some technical concerns and to help shape the game and set the stage for future Updates. While this is most of the changes we’ve made are handled on the backend of things, there are a few more public facing issues here:

CHANGELOG:
- [Xbox only] Fixed an issue that showed an error message if players attempted to join a multiplayer session with the 'You can join cross-network play' set to 'Block'
- Improved the navigation of UI elements in case there is a missing option. The selection will now move to a valid button.
- The character radial menu can now be opened for unlanded characters, too.

While these are not the most impactful of changes and certainly not the entirety of the changes we have planned for you, we wanted to make sure we provided this information as soon as possible.

We are still correlating all your feedback and have been providing it to the Dev team for future implementation. We will have many more Updates soon. These future Updates will be much more centered around the feedback you’ve been giving us, now that we have the baseline set with this Update. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.

Cheers,

-SP

• 12Like
Reactions:
Do any of the "back end updates" maybe solve the save corruptions issue(s)? I know better than to ask "if not, then when..!

Also, with us "spamming" Sony with the error reports that the PS5 generates, do you guys actually get that info to work with?

• 15Like
Reactions:
Claims are not fixed.

The problem is still the same. You see claims of primary title.

Honestly, was expecting more from this update. Such as filter or at least to be able to open character profiler when selecting a vassal. It is honestly painful to scroll over 981 candidates to select one with equal faith and culture and memorising icons of which traits you prefer

• 6Like
Reactions:
When will the Xbox (one or new generation) get the ability to turn off the end date. It sucks getting to the end and having to start all over again. It should have been included from the very beginning in my honest opinion. We spend hours and hours building up our stuff only to have it disappear when the game ends.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hi
Hello everyone!

Most of you have had a chance to start playing and enjoying the Console version of Crusader Kings III and have provided a ton of thoughts and feedback. We appreciate this feedback as it has been invaluable to our team!

Today we are releasing a small Update, the first of many, to address some technical concerns and to help shape the game and set the stage for future Updates. While this is most of the changes we’ve made are handled on the backend of things, there are a few more public facing issues here:

CHANGELOG:
- [Xbox only] Fixed an issue that showed an error message if players attempted to join a multiplayer session with the 'You can join cross-network play' set to 'Block'
- Improved the navigation of UI elements in case there is a missing option. The selection will now move to a valid button.
- The character radial menu can now be opened for unlanded characters, too.

While these are not the most impactful of changes and certainly not the entirety of the changes we have planned for you, we wanted to make sure we provided this information as soon as possible.

We are still correlating all your feedback and have been providing it to the Dev team for future implementation. We will have many more Updates soon. These future Updates will be much more centered around the feedback you’ve been giving us, now that we have the baseline set with this Update. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.

Cheers,

-SP
Hi! Unsure if you guys are aware, but there is a subreddit for the game at /r/CK3ConsoleEdition.

There has been loads of bug reports registered there since launch and a portion of the users are feeling ignored. I think the board is ran by a volunteer that doesn't work for you guys. Maybe something yous would like to look into if yous are looking for more bugs to fix?

Loving the game so far (PS5) and whilst there are quite a few bugs (no idea where to report them) I'm still enjoying it for the most part. Best of luck with the fixing!

Mamoo2

• 9Like
Reactions:
Thank you the update and keeping us gamers up to date on the goings on.

Still can't unlock the Hook, Line, and Sinker achievement for either console (XSX and PS5) though.

Look forward to continuing to update/fix/patch. Thanks!

• 5Like
Reactions:
A very disabling bug. When a war is being waged to claim the throne, it is sometimes impossible to call for help from allies, because when you press the war choice box, it selects the character sheet of the attacker and you cannot validate the call for help. This often ends up in defeat and loss of the kingdom even though you have allies. This should be a priority to soilve because it spoils a lot of games...

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hey,
There is also this bug about the hook and council position :
You can't get a position in the counsil even if you changed the contract with a hook.
Have a nice day everyone, and thanks for the update

• 1Like
Reactions:
Still having the XSX save issue as well. Judging by the PS5 comments its not unique to us. It pains me to annoy you guys with these requests because I love the game so much - I really hate to complain when I know its got to be a lot of work to port. Since this is becoming the unofficial console feedback here it goes...

1. SAVE FILE crashing: The top issue for console IMHO - prevents completion of any Iron Man games. My wife and all of our friends have not been able to make it past 1300 in any game. So far I have 4 empire level Iron Man saves stuck in autosave hell without a way to continue.

2. No Character Search: As stated before by others the inability to search prevents proper title allocation without exhaustive levels of workarounds. Also makes it very tedious to finds spouses and cover any council positions with the best candidates.

To add to this one, no ability to see individual claims. I have people in my court I may have paid good money for and a few hours later I can see they have 5 claims - but no feature to tell where they are unless I declare war on everyone and scroll through to see what claims are available.

3. SPLITTING ARMIES: Right now this is a major downer, when splitting armies the game just randomly allots Men-At-Arms (Sometimes stacking all 4 groups of siege equipment etc) and slaps all the knights one side. This means to split the knights, one has to scroll to the end of both sides, find out where they are, and click one at a time, since the list will glitch back to the top - scroll back down click one knight, repeat. This isn't a problem in the early game - late game is a nightmare. When you have 50k troops and close to 20 knights, some levy groups are as small as 90 so the lists are huge! Scrolling past two dozen entries to grab one Knight is tedious - often resort to splitting all the levies off - then making a group of M@A, then a group of knights, and splitting those individually, then telling them where to go and hoping they meet up without dying.

All of this takes several minutes and then the game occasionally crashes when 10+ armies are scattered around, erasing your custom army- can make you want to skip late game war in general. To compound this - AUTO ARMIES (which is a great feature in theory) seem to constantly glitch out when one group is capping a point - a second group meant to be reinforcements will just stutter next to an army being attacked and allow them to die before joining and subsequently losing. This also happens with allies when wars get too big, they will leave sieges when we have the collective advantage and allow the siege army to lose to an inferior attack before returning to also die.

Last note on armies, if you have troops selected hover you can see supply limits in the area, but what if you want to see a castle point info such as fort level or in depth info on the holding? Someof them look so much like cities you have to verify the difference. You have to unselect the army, click x on the holding, tab over to holding, verify what you need, then go back and find the army you were going to send. It would be nice to have more county info on the hover for without deselecting troops.

4. ALERT SYSTEM: The alerts are such a handy tool from PC. On console they are stacked up with all the same information before any recent highlights. For example, checking the alerts usually says "succession, culture, faith, title, etc - +20 more things that are more tutorial based before finally you see ohh I haven't spent a trait, or my counselor got fat and died: IE all the most important information/ war results is buried at the bottom. IF the game crashes you come back to the same stack of less relevant info up top.

5. Crown Authority Bug: I wont even attempt to beat this dead horse, we all know this menu is glitchy on console. Thanks to some Reddit trickery I was able to navigate to Crown 3 by using LB/RB and holding the D-pad, and praying.

6. POP-UP EVENTS: This game has so many clever, devastating, and hilarious situational pop-ups that add lots of replay value. Unfortunately sometimes console is hindered from enjoying the choices: For example: My duke is having a tough time paying his bills, he offers a county in exchange for gold. Jamaclavastan might be a great county: I HAVE NO CLUE where that is, while in the pop-up I can't use the left stick to click and get the 'mouse' to show me where Jamaclavastan is so I have no clue if I want that county.

Another example: Some King is offering me an option to take some gold or make a Trade Deal, the highlighted text indicates a perk, but again in the pop-up I cant get the mouse to hover over the topic and have to make uninformed choices. Please let the in game menu reveal what kind of perks we can expect without having to switch to cursor mode for immersion sake.

This is also an issue in cases like Skill Trees where the Top perk at the end of a tree: IE "Architect" doesn't show me the stat boosts without clicking the stick and mousing over to the Architect and clicking that for details: just small QoL for what info is a hover, and what needs a click, saving those tedious actions on console would be so much more fluid.

7. UI GLITCHES: There are a lot of UI issues that only fix when shutting the game completely off such as War Outlines - Especially from those game crashing Holy Wars where the whole screen will be lit up with left over flashing war outlines that make it impossible to see what's happening until a restart.

Sometimes the left side of the screen will be sliced off in the character menus preventing the ability to see crucial stats. Shut down restart.

Overall these are small things in light of the outstanding game you have made. I could live with all of these bugs and happily continue to enjoy the surprisingly playable console edition. If I could only save my Iron Man game - if nothing else gets addressed, that is the dealbreaker. Please accept my acknowledgement of your accomplishments and mere suggestions as a fan and not a critic, I love what you put together and looking forward to all the future content down the line. Already preordered the console DLC. I also broke down and bought a gaming PC in my weakness to explore more of Paradox creations that haven't made it to Xbox. I will agree most people won't have that as an option, so thank you for including all the systems for CK3. Take it easy my fellow Console Kings.

• 15Like
Reactions:
Could you guys make popup message bigger that flashes top of the screen, scroll like message. I have 65" screen and still its sometimes quite small. Big size would not be a problem because pop up is there like 3secs.

• 2Like
Reactions: