• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SimNationJan

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
68 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
✈️Available on PC and Consoles January 25, 2022! ✈️

Cities: Skylines Airports expansion DLC invites you onboard to experience the wonders and logistics of modern-day air travel. Please have your boarding pass ready as you start to place and design your airport. Fasten your seatbelts and connect your airport to the city through bus, metro, and train stations. Please place your items in the overhead compartments so that you can create cargo terminals connected to your airport complex while hauling in new goods and materials. We are now at the perfect altitude to begin enhancing your city's travel industry! Thank you for flying with us today!

• 11Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hey there! We are ready to take-off with excitement over our Airports expansion announcement! As the release date is over a month away while many within the Cities: Skylines community are taking time away to celebrate holidays and the incoming new year, we will hold off on releasing additional information such as dev diaries or new feature videos until mid-January when everyone is back to experience and enjoy. So keep an eye out for these sorts of awesome releases on our social platforms in the new year and keep building exceptional cities!

• 7Like
Reactions:
That's further away than I expected. Thought they would try to have it out for Christmas.

better they release a more bug free version later than rushing something just because of Christmas.
Agree there.

Airports has been asked for by a number of people in the past. I was always interested in the idea, but I always thought it might be to difficult to make accessible to the masses, or that it could be too niche. Looks like I will be happily wrong. Always liked airplane stuff.

I hope there will be various sized planes for some variety. (Edit: There are.)

Last edited:
I'm wondering how much this will affect tourism. Would tourism actually be fixed so that these airports can bring a sizeable number of visitors? What's the point of having huge/customizable airports if it's not going to have a big enough impact on tourism?
the number of agents in the game won't change - so... no is the answer :)

Nice to see a heavily requested feature being added. Especially something that can be used in any city rather than the more niche ones.

Reactions:
This looks and sounds interesting.

Key features of the Airports expansion include:
  • Modular Airport Building: Place and design your airport, connecting its various buildings by using concourse networks
  • Airport Progression: If your airport gets the approval of business travelers and tourists alike, you’ll be rewarded with expanded building options and bigger airplanes, creating a boon for the local travel industry.
  • Public transport: Make life easier for would-be travelers by placing dedicated airport buildings, allowing you to connect your airport to the city through base game transport types like bus, metro, and train stations.
  • Cargo Air Traffic: Tired of hiding your cargo terminals by themselves on the outskirts of your city? Create cargo terminals that are connected to the larger airport complex that fit in visually with other airport buildings, eliminating the need for older eyesores while hauling in new goods and materials.

At least we are finally getting something new for the game.

Disappointing that we have to wait until the new year for it but at least it has been announced and we now have something to look forward to.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Paradox Store has some additional info:

airports announcement paradox store (2021-12-10).png

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've noticed multi-level roads (Arrivals and Departures) attached to the front of the airport terminal. That's different. Different crossing markings as well.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So double-decker and articulated.

airport dlc buses.png

I do hope that these can be used both with and without "airport express" branding. Would be nice in the pull-down model menu for each route (where you can presently choose from regular/biofuel/school buses).

Reactions:
So double-decker and articulated.

View attachment 784883

I do hope that these can be used both with and without "airport express" branding. Would be nice in the pull-down model menu for each route (where you can presently choose from regular/biofuel/school buses).
I also wonder if they'll only transport people going to the airport, or if it's just a skin.

Some good things I noticed on the trailer:

A new mid size jet aircraft
1639183910554.png

Jetways at the gates
1639183950443.png

More detailed taxiways (curved lines at the center node)
1639183993151.png

A possible aircraft museum (with Concorde and Super Constellation featured :) )
1639183850718.png

A 747 size aircraft (short upper deck)
1639184035025.png

Some things I saw which could do better:
  • All strobe lights are still synchronous between all aircraft :/
  • Landing gear still is extended all the time it seems (could be fixed using submeshes, even better would be some animation)
  • Strobes stay on after leaving the runway (irl these are active ONLY during flight and as long as the aircraft is on the runway)
  • Lights are misplaced on the mid size aircraft

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Looks like an Aircraft Museum.

airport dlc museum.png

I wonder if this will be a "museum" like in the "Campus" DLC, or just as a "Unique Building"?

There should have been a "Museum of Industry" added in the "Industries" DLC.

And planes. Not the best image, but you can see a few new planes added to what we have now.

airports dlc planes.png

I'm pleased to see some new and different sized aircraft, but would like to see something like the Q-400 (a twin engine turboprop).

• 1Like
Reactions: